Lay orders denied entry /automatically erased ?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
decomez6

i`ve got two bots always running , sometimes deep into the very last minutes of the race . Both are identical in all aspects , difference being one is a LAY and the other is Back Bot.
the Back places bets @1.01 and the Lay @1000. it only fires one Bet and has no rule that clears any bets , therefore no clashes or unwanted bets.

- Problem 1

the Back Bot is perfectly fine , whereas the Lay bot wont fire any bets whatsoever.
Q? why.

- problem 2

when i change the LAY bet to place @ 1 tick above the best reverse market price , the bet appears on the log for a second or two, then its automatically erased. Atleast to my knowledge ,not caused by any other hidden rule in the bot OR the global settings, they have been turned off .
Q? what could be the cause.

- problem 3

i introduced a KEEP all rule with nested conditions that allow the Bot to keep all bets , IN -play and NOT -inplay , where one of the condition must be true.
this does not solve problem 2.
Q? is keep all bets not a guarantee to keep all bets once they appear as unmatched ?
is there a third party container that evaluates what qualify to be legitimate keep all bet and eliminate those that dont qualify. as in to completely over-ride BA triggers even after a bet has been submitted in the market.

OR may be is just a matter of my rules activating other settings that iam not aware of ?

any help will be greatly appreciated .
much thanks.
Shaung89

Just a few ideas I had when reading through. Im no expert, but these sound like plausible reasons for things not working.

Problem 1:
If you're trying to fire a lay in at 1000 (even if the price is much lower) I think would require at least a £2000 bank. If you do not have enough in the bank then this may be the reason for failed placement. Try laying at 'Best market price' or a lower 'Fixed Odds' where your bank can handle the liability on placement (even though it wouldn't all be matched).

Other reason could be that you have a liability limit set in your settings which wont allow a lay at 1000 (even though the price and liability could be much lower).

Problem 2:
Do you have Fill or Kill on? If you have this selected and the bet isn't being filled - then it will automatically be killed. This could be set via the BOT in parameters.

Problem 3:
Depending on what you're trying to do there are a number of options:
- Use Fill or Kill
- Take SP
- Use Best market price rather than 'custom ticks away'
Dabbla

Problem 1 I would need to see the bot.

Problem 2 If the price is already at 1000, there is no price above that to go 1 tick in front of.
Your probably seeing BA doing its thing to place a bet under £2 minimum but cant place the last part @1001.

Problem 3 Keep bets will keep all bets.
You may need to trigger the keep all a few times.
If it’s done at the same time as the bets are placed, your bets won’t have reached the market. So you won’t be able to modify them to keep all.
decomez6

Shaung89 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:18 am

Problem 1:
If you're trying to fire a lay in at 1000 (even if the price is much lower) I think would require at least a £2000 bank. If you do not have enough in the bank then this may be the reason for failed placement
Other reason could be that you have a liability limit set in your settings which wont allow a lay at 1000 (even though the price and liability could be much lower).
Do you have Fill or Kill on?
thanks Shaung89 , very thankfull for your help.

i am in practice mode therefore no need to have a £2000 bank . ive also got the liability limit turned off.
in any case , the bot is targeting the lowest odds in the market and will be automatically be matched to the best available LAY price , when placed at 1000.
Do you have Fill or Kill on?
global settings are off , so no fill /kill.

Problem 3:
Depending on what you're trying to do there are a number of options:
- Use Fill or Kill
- Take SP
- Use Best market price rather than 'custom ticks away'
i am using a keep - all unmatched bets . this is meant to keep all bets until they are matched oR killed if the race comes to an end before they are matched.
SP is only an option if all the other conditions are met . in most cases sp is not the lowest odds in the market.
best market price is working fine :BUT
i am running two bots concurrently ,one is backing and the the other is laying. The idea is to have the lay bot , LAY at backing price OR closest to it,
the problem with best available price could have massive gaps between the lay and back price.
and again this does not explain why the lay Bets get cancelled even when they are waiting in a que in the market.

thanks again.
decomez6

Dabbla wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:53 am
Problem 1 I would need to see the bot.

Problem 2 If the price is already at 1000, there is no price above that to go 1 tick in front of.
Your probably seeing BA doing its thing to place a bet under £2 minimum but cant place the last part @1001.

Problem 3 Keep bets will keep all bets.
You may need to trigger the keep all a few times.
Thanks Dabbla , i`m once again great full for your help.

would like to post the Bot , if only oversharing was not a thing . i might water-down some of the triggers and post it .

its a combination of Little acorns and my other bots. basically hunting down the lowest odds at a certain period and time , `when the stars align and my ducks are in a row`. In short LAYING the shortest.

placing @ 1000 , is only meant to guarantee a match. my intention is not to LAY at astronomical prices , its actually the polar opposite.

the keep all bets is refreshed at every instance , unlimited triggers.
If it’s done at the same time as the bets are placed, your bets won’t have reached the market. So you won’t be able to modify them to keep all.
interesting :idea:
the bot will only trigger when the conditions are met and have seen the lay bet waiting on the bet angel QUE . so it must have reached the market .
the problem is , it stays there for a second or two , then its gone ! not kept and not matched.
thanks again
decomez6

Dabbla wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:53 am
. If it’s done at the same time as the bets are placed, your bets won’t have reached the market. So you won’t be able to modify them to keep all.
BF in-play bet delay was the main issue , you were spot on .
added a condition , number of unmathced= 0 matched bets =0, then adjusted unlimited triger to wait 3 sec before rearming .

this stopped any multiple bets escaping the delay and causing duplicity , so i only get one bet matched .
i am now able to get back prices on lay bets , as intended.

thanks again for your insight.
cheers

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”