Greening up issues

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
alexmr2

I recently started with automation and I am finding a lot of unhedged markets in my practice mode results. For some reason it never fails when I'm watching the ladder, but does on around half of the markets when I leave it to run on its own

I made a simple bot to back the favourite with a fixed £100 stake (shortest odds horse) at 2 mins to post time, with a defined stoploss and far away offset which won't necessarily be reached
At 10-0 seconds to post the green up rule is supposed to trigger 2 times, I don't have any conditions for this

So for example, it opens a £100 back position on a horse at 2.5 and by 10 seconds to post the price has moved down to 2.3 but not reached the offset or stoploss, the position should be hedged at the current price

When I come back to check the markets, the odds tab on G is showing a lot of the results as -£100 for that selection as if the first rule has triggered but the green up one has not. Sometimes it says greenup rule triggered 0 times and I can't figure out why

A similar thing happens for my variation of scalp the crossovers (but never when I'm watching the ladders)

Could it be something to do with fill or kill? Or something to do with the selection i.e. the back bet goes on 1 in order of favouritism, if that horse is no longer the shortest odds will it try to hedge another one which wasn't traded? It doesn't let me use the "applies to EVERY selection" for the greenup rule

Probably missing something simple here but would appreciate any help
greenup.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
foxwood

Silly thought but if only works when watched then have you checked the refresh rate and restrict times for before/after that Guardian is using ? If you are watching on oneclick/ladder then Guardian will get data feed from that I think.
alexmr2

foxwood wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 9:21 pm
Silly thought but if only works when watched then have you checked the refresh rate and restrict times for before/after that Guardian is using ? If you are watching on oneclick/ladder then Guardian will get data feed from that I think.
Thanks for the suggestion

I have refresh every 20ms ticked on the main window
The restrict refresh feature you mentioned is unticked as suggested in the tutorial

When opening the one-click window I just noticed an unchecked box for green up though, maybe that will fix it. I'll run a test on the next racing markets

If not, it seems like I'm missing something which is stopping the green up firing all the time when I go away and leave Guardian running without the markets open
Derek27

alexmr2 wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 7:09 pm
For some reason it never fails when I'm watching the ladder, but does on around half of the markets when I leave it to run on its own
David Icke's the man to ask. Have you seen the Saturn/Satan video? ;)
alexmr2

Derek27 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 2:36 am
alexmr2 wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 7:09 pm
For some reason it never fails when I'm watching the ladder, but does on around half of the markets when I leave it to run on its own
David Icke's the man to ask. Have you seen the Saturn/Satan video? ;)
Can you make me a profitable bot so I can make money to subscribe to his website?
Anbell

alexmr2 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 2:23 am
foxwood wrote:

The restrict refresh feature you mentioned is unticked as suggested in the tutorial

When opening the one-click window I just noticed an unchecked box for green up though, maybe that will fix it. I'll run a test on the next racing markets

If not, it seems like I'm missing something which is stopping the green up firing all the time when I go away and leave Guardian running without the markets open
The refresh rate on the main window is only for that window/event. THere's a separate one on Guardian/Market page, subject to Guardian cycling etc
Dallas

Anbell wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:14 am
alexmr2 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 2:23 am
foxwood wrote:

The refresh rate on the main window is only for that window/event. THere's a separate one on Guardian/Market page, subject to Guardian cycling etc
Here are the links Anbell referred to

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/upd ... cling.html
alexmr2

Thanks guys, seems to be fixed now.

Think it was because I had the ladders set to 20ms refresh rate but Guardian at 1s

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”