Good servant - Bad Auto

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Lambretta

This is twisting my melon so, I'm hoping someone with a more logical outlook can help; I have a set of rules that work great as a push button servant on the one-click screen. I've run the rules as automation and they work perfectly, save for one parameter which requires my interaction. I'm convinced this could very easily be automated and I've tried adding a Fixed Odds Condition of "The lay price of the selection - nominated in Position 1 in order of favouritism is less than X", but as soon as I add this condition the rules do not fire at all. I've clearly neglected some aspect or failed to understand another.

All and any constructive input is gratefully received and much apprecited.

Thanks.
Dallas

If the only condition you've added is the lay price of the fav is less than 'X' then it should trigger at some point (as the fav will eventually trade as low as 1.01)

Might be better if you post a screen shot of the General tab and conditions of the rule (change some values if you don't want them know they aren't important in figuring out why it isn't triggering)
Lambretta

Thanks, Dallas. I'm grateful.

As a servant it's set up to enter a lay with an offset and greening, I wait for the Fav price to reach a certain point and make the entry. In setting it up as Auto, all I've done is add the below condition -

Capture.PNG
Again, thanks for your time.

L.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anbell

Lambretta wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 4:49 pm
Thanks, Dallas. I'm grateful.

As a servant it's set up to enter a lay with an offset and greening, I wait for the Fav price to reach a certain point and make the entry. In setting it up as Auto, all I've done is add the below condition -

Capture.PNG

Again, thanks for your time.

L.
Can you try using "Fixed Odds Condition" rather than Historic FOC?
jamesedwards

Also is there a reason why you are using 'Fav pos 2' in the general tab and 'Fav pos 1' in the conditions tab?
Lambretta

Thanks, folks.

I had tried a FOC previously and that didn't work either, (just tried again to be doubly sure).
The rules file is set up to lay the 2nd fav, based on the price of the fav, which is why the 2nd fav is listed on the General tab.

In essence the rules are set up to "place a lay bet" on the selection "in position 2 in order of favouritism", doing so with "offset and greening". With the condition that the selection "in position 1 in order of favouritism" has a back price of less than X. That's it.

It's not that it's firing and the entries are not getting matched, it's not firing at all. I'm baffled, as it works perfectly as a servant without the favourite condition and my making a manual entry on the one click screen.
jamesedwards

Lambretta wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 1:13 pm
Thanks, folks.

I had tried a FOC previously and that didn't work either, (just tried again to be doubly sure).
The rules file is set up to lay the 2nd fav, based on the price of the fav, which is why the 2nd fav is listed on the General tab.

In essence the rules are set up to "place a lay bet" on the selection "in position 2 in order of favouritism", doing so with "offset and greening". With the condition that the selection "in position 1 in order of favouritism" has a back price of less than X. That's it.

It's not that it's firing and the entries are not getting matched, it's not firing at all. I'm baffled, as it works perfectly as a servant without the favourite condition and my making a manual entry on the one click screen.
If there's nothing secret then attach the rule here and someone will check it over.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”