Tennis automation Help

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
parznips

Hi everyone,

I have been trading tennis for a good few years manually quite successfully and i am trying to implement my trading plans/strategy's into automation i have been trying to create a bot but still struggling to make it work i think i maybe just over complicating it with to many conditions when it probably can be created alot more simply, especially after reading so many posts and great information posted by Dallas

So this is the basics i want to get into a bot to i can carry on building it and learning to add all my other information into it the strategy is based on match selection of course which is the key to the strategy been profitable.

i like to use nominated selection so for this example it will be nom vs dog to make it easier.

dog breaks - Back £200 on nom
when nom breaks back take £50 liability out (total liability would be now £150)
if nom then holds serve after breaking back then take another £50 liability out (total liability would now be £100)
if nom doesnt hold her service game after breaking back i would place another back bet of £50 (total liability would now be back to £200)
i would repeat that plan through all of set 1

at the end of set if the dog won the set by 2 or more breaks of serve i would exit for a loss
if the dog won by only 1 break of serve or a tie break i would then place a back bet of £75 on nom
if nom won the set i would take the remaining £100 out and let it run as a free bet.

if i have entered my £75 back bet based on the factors above then in set 2 if dog breaks nom within the 1st 4 games played i would then repeat the steps from set 1 and would green out if nom wins set 2 to make the score 1-1

i hope it doesn't sound to complicated, i hope someone can help.

Many thanks
Dallas

In principal its not hard to set up and you've at least explained all possibilities clearly (most say they want, A, B & C, but don't mentioned what happens if X, Y, Z occurs)

However trying to type out all the instructions would take a long time and might not be as clear as your requirements

I'm happy to help you but I'd suggest breaking it down into section (that may mean going back and editing an odd rule here and there and a later part gets added but at least you'd have a fuller understanding of how the rule works

So I guess the first question is how far have you got up to now thats fully working?
parznips

Afternoon Dallas thanks for your reply and for offering your help,

at present im still trying to get the bot working for all my set 1 conditions i only started it yesterday (not started on set 2 yet)

this is where i am currently at, see attached

Thank you so much again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
parznips

on my lay bets i have used percentage of stake but i am unsure if this would work as i have the potential of the stake been more than £200 in the 1st set

thanks
Dallas

parznips wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:44 pm
Afternoon Dallas thanks for your reply and for offering your help,

at present im still trying to get the bot working for all my set 1 conditions i only started it yesterday (not started on set 2 yet)

this is where i am currently at, see attached

Thank you so much again.
Been having a look at this for you between matches and tbh you've done v.well and have it 90% of the way there so there was only a few changes I've made which I've detailed below

1), rather than use two rule for the breaks when serving 1st/2nd I've condensed these into single rules by nesting the relative score conditions into a group where only one of the scores needs to be true (there was nothing wrong with the way you had it this way just halves the number of rules you need and can keep the file looking simpler especially as more rules are added)

2), the back bet rule now sets a signal when it triggers (without this the close 25% rule could trigger if still on server as the nom serving and levels scores would satisfy the conditions), and as the net stake would be £0.00 still no actual bet would be placed but the rule has still used it one trigger - which I guess you've spotted happening if you though it wasn't always firing when it should

3) the close 25% break back rule now also has a signal set condition to test the signal set by the back rule is set (ie, the back bet triggered due to a break) that prevents this rule from triggering as outlined above until the break and signal occur

4) like wise the close 25% break back rule sets its own signal when it triggers, which is then used by close 25% break back held and the new back again if didn't hold server rule (which I've just added) and depending on the score only one of these two rules can trigger

It sounds a lot but all I've really done is add in some signals some a rule can only trigger if the previous one has and add the back again rule which will put you back at £200

I've also changed the staking to use fixed stakes, the problem with the % you were using is that after the second rule layed for 25% that reduced your net stake to £150 and the next rule using net 25% would be looking at 25% of £150 so it wouldn't get you want you want

It can be done with using a net stake % but its needs setting up differently, if you decide once its finished you'd rather use a net stake% so you didn't have to adjust the stakes of multiple rules each time you change the original back bet stake I can show you how to do that (it'll only need a few edit)

But for now have a look through the attached rule and make sue you 100% understand everything I've changed and how it now works
Then give it a test on a few markets, the first four rules should now do all the following you originally asked for (i've left your close trade set rule in for now but not looked at it, i'll do that next time once we know these four rules are all working as you want)

dog breaks - Back £200 on nom
when nom breaks back take £50 liability out (total liability would be now £150)
if nom then holds serve after breaking back then take another £50 liability out (total liability would now be £100)
if nom doesn't hold her service game after breaking back i would place another back bet of £50 (total liability would now be back to £200
)
80% Dev V1.0.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
parznips

Good morning Dallas,

Just want to say thanks for taking your time to have a look at this for me, it looks way better set in groups (more organised) plus i now understand how groups works with signals its easier for me to pick up when i see it in front of me.

One question with how the bot is at the minute will the rules keep firing through out the set if the conditions are met?

Example,

Dog serve 1-0
nom loses serve 2-0 back nom fires
dog holds serve 3-0
nom holds serve 3-1
dog loses serve 3-2 close 25% fires
nom holds serve 3-3 close 25% fires
dog holds serve 4-3
nom loses serve 5-3 back nom fires
dog loses serve 5-4 close 25% fires
nom holds serve 5-5 close 25% fires

After rethinking and weighing up how i trade manually to trying to implement it into automation i would just like the conditions to fire once

Example,

Dog serve 1-0
nom loses serve 2-0 back nom fires
dog holds serve 3-0
nom holds serve 3-1
dog loses serve 3-2 close 25% fires
nom holds serve 3-3 close 25% fires
dog holds serve 4-3
nom loses serve 5-3 - no action
dog loses serve 5-4 - no action
nom holds serve 5-5 - no action

The reasoning for this for the time been is for this bot i will not be watching the match so i dont want to re enter the market if dog breaks again later on in the set. this is for the time been until i build on this and learn how to save BPs and serve/return points won/lost ect ect

Many thanks again its much appreciated
Dallas

At the moment it will only do your second example above

We can put it on a loop later if you wanted but you'd need to think about how you wanted it as backing the nom again if broken with the first rule will increase your overall liability to £300, instead you might want to add in additional rules to back again for just £100 - but thats for a later time if you want to do it at all, or just have the process restart again in the 2nd set
parznips

That's great I only want it like my second example for the time been, i will carry on building it and testing it and post an update over the next week or so for you to scan over and make adjustments if that's ok?

Thankyou
Dallas

parznips wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:57 pm
That's great I only want it like my second example for the time been, i will carry on building it and testing it and post an update over the next week or so for you to scan over and make adjustments if that's ok?

Thankyou
Sure, no problem
parznips

Morning Dallas please could you have a look at this for me,

I have added a rule (Back if underdog breaks and holds serve)

i am unsure if it will fire like i want due the signals

many thanks
parznips

i Tried it but it seemed to be firing both rules soon as the dog broke instead of firing (Back if underdog breaks and holds serve) after the dog as broke and held serve.

many thanks
Dallas

parznips wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:58 am
i Tried it but it seemed to be firing both rules soon as the dog broke instead of firing (Back if underdog breaks and holds serve) after the dog as broke and held serve.

many thanks
I noticed you have this applied to Guardian nom 1 also

So are you nominating fav's in some matches then nominating underdogs in other matches and want either this or your first rule to fire depending which you choose?
parznips

yeah thats correct i will nominate the player i want the bot to work on when i set the automation as i will be only using this bot on match selection based on my pre match research.

many thanks
Dallas

parznips wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:21 pm
yeah thats correct i will nominate the player i want the bot to work on when i set the automation as i will be only using this bot on match selection based on my pre match research.

many thanks
There's a couple of options
The cleanest and potentially easiest for future proofing is just to apply the new rule to Guardian nom2 and copy and apply any of the existing rules to nom 2 as well

Then its just a case of selecting nom 1 if the player is the fav and nom 2 if its the underdog

Another option is to run a 'Fix market selection order' rule and trigger that once around the offcial start time
Then on your new rule you can add a 'Relative Odds Condition' to test the selections back price is greater than the fav

That would be a easiest solution at this point but means you've got to be etra careful if making further changes and or wanting some of the other rules to also trigger
parznips

The bot works how it should except the rule i have added i have used fav and dog to make it easy to understand i will try explain,

Rule 1 - Back (nominated selection 1) if serve broke - this works fine

Rule 2 - Back (nominated selection 1) if a break down and other player holds serve e.g not serving will be 2 games or 3 games behind - this rule
seems to fire at the same time rule 1 conditions have been met which is what im having trouble with

Rule 3 - Close 25% (nominated selection 1) breaks back - this works fine

Rule 4 - Close 25% (nominated selection 1) breaks back and holds serve - this works fine

Thanks

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”