Expected Value Calculation

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Grizzly591

Hi, I am new to Bet Angel but am very interested in the automation so just trying to get my head around a few things.
I would like to calculate the "EV" Expected Value of each horse in a race and have it display this EV at the top of the ladder for each horse.
The EV calculation is something like this:
(Amount won per bet * probability of winning) – (Amount lost per bet * probability of losing)
So for example:
(10 x [1/back odds]) - (20 x [1 / lay odds])

Is this possible at all and if so could someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Gary
Derek27

Grizzly591 wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:08 am
Hi, I am new to Bet Angel but am very interested in the automation so just trying to get my head around a few things.
I would like to calculate the "EV" Expected Value of each horse in a race and have it display this EV at the top of the ladder for each horse.
The EV calculation is something like this:
(Amount won per bet * probability of winning) – (Amount lost per bet * probability of losing)
So for example:
(10 x [1/back odds]) - (20 x [1 / lay odds])

Is this possible at all and if so could someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Gary
I think that's quite possible. If you have a rule based on "every selection" that fires at your desired interval, you can store the value of the calculation. You would have to do each part of the calculation in stages. For example:-

x=1/back odds
x=x*10
y=1/lay odds
y=y*20
answer=x-y

The stored value you choose must be a shared stored value. Then you need to edit your ladder settings on the "additional information" tab to display the information on the ladder. The screenshot below displays the stored value "Current_Exposure_Label" at the top of the ladder.

Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grizzly591

Thank you for your reply and pointing me in the right direction.
I have some of it working.
I am displaying the values above the ladder.
Capture2.JPG
I have started writting the automation to do the calculations.
Capture.JPG
Now where I am stuck is I am working on the WIN market and now I need the best back price from the PLACE market.
I have written the automation for the Place market but if I use SELECTION or MARKET then the automation from the WIN market cant see the stored value from the Place market.
I have tried EVENT as well but then all the place market values are the same so that doesnt appear to work.

How can I get the best back price from the Place Market for EVERY SELECTION into the Automation running on the WIN market.
Thanks
Gary
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”