Dallas : How can you track wins/losses of a strategy

A place to discuss anything.
NotBothered

everyone has their own opinion

he adds zero value to my thread - so I prefer he go post in his own

If you find value in his contributions - that is great - that is what a forum is for right... so I hope he follows my suggestion - starts his own thread and his journey to 3,000 a day for people to follow

I do not need someone telling me about SQL- PowerQuery - backtesting - in sample out of sample - direct loading to amazon or using phl to cover everything

I already done all of these - been there done that .. even I non programmer like me can do these things.

Ok no need for me to rant on about nothing - my opinion on this is well known - do not need to waste more air on it.
NotBothered

As far as todays result goes

+116.99

pretty close to what we have seen first couple days.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NotBothered

+ yeah I just re read your post

like I said its an opinion

you have every right to your opinion - just as I do mine.
sniffer66

NotBothered wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:51 am
everyone has their own opinion

he adds zero value to my thread - so I prefer he go post in his own

If you find value in his contributions - that is great - that is what a forum is for right... so I hope he follows my suggestion - starts his own thread and his journey to 3,000 a day for people to follow

I do not need someone telling me about SQL- PowerQuery - backtesting - in sample out of sample - direct loading to amazon or using phl to cover everything

I already done all of these - been there done that .. even I non programmer like me can do these things.

Ok no need for me to rant on about nothing - my opinion on this is well known - do not need to waste more air on it.
I'm not sure zero value is correct, for me as a forum user. If you start posting a method, as a relatively new poster, I'll take a quick scan and (usually) quickly determine if its a thread that's worth following. As with most first impressions, opinions are formed based on things like clarity, use of language, spelling, style etc.
By querying your methods, background etc , and I must say I didn't think Shaun was particularly confrontational, it gives you the chance to demonstrate you know your stuff and might be worth keeping an eye on. You get quite a few come on here giving it the old "Billy Big Bollocks" and after a few posts it's clear they don't have much of a clue.

I've not much of an idea of your method and strategy as yet. But that could be down to my lack of understanding or your ability to explain it clearly. As it is I'll keep on looking and see where this goes....
NotBothered

have you tried dutching before ?

that is where to start - if not then many of the things I am doing will make not sense to you.

me : I started with the simple one - added to that - and it was ok but not really the best it could be

then onto this sort of version which is much smarter

so yeah - take a look at dutching first and see how you go and what it does and does not do ... I said it before but without some strategy behind it to help it along - it will eventually lose money .. as you can see from my results even though its only 3 days - if you get your parameters right - you can greatly increase return and lower drawdowns to as low as possible.
NotBothered

I am also running this on Horse Racing even though I was not going to start with that - till after we hit $300 a day with this version

but as you can see even on low stakes it is making as much as the greyhound version

so $300 and $1000 will be fairly straight forward over 14 days and 30 days.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NotBothered

the one reason I do like Dutching is when you are doing Horse Race Win Betting

often times you get in these situations where you got a $1000-$10,000 payout on a photo finish - 10-12 times a day

+ it gets boring on the days where you are losing everything by a nose.

this is a lot less stress ... accumulation and calmer way to go about it + really I only just got into it to diversify the rest of my strategies.

So soon can reduce the stakes on some of the others and lower the whole project down a little.

Dutching is not for everyone - no doubt about it -- but I am to show it can work given the right settings.
decomez6

NotBothered wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:51 am
journey to 3,000 a day for people to follow.
-` collect/ pay for some historical race data .

-`eliminate some variables , thus discounting some possible loosers
-`select the candidates using a wide field , possibly outsiders with higher returns .

-`dutch them using a book percentage .

-`stick the loosing LLLL and winning WWWW streaks in a stake machine .

-`the machine recalculate your stakes and possible recovery strategy.

-`re-distribute losses and spread the winnings. like Betfair and CROSSMATCHING , control your losses and winnings to balance your ups and downs.

Very simple and straight forward
, ....

----- pretty confident your strategy involves one or two variations of the above points .-----

if so ,
THE LOOPHOLE is 3,000 deep.. and you are the blindspot.
NotBothered

sorry no

I am guessing you paid $45 for an ebook and that is what it had as its suggestion ?

I do not need any recovery strategy nor to increase stakes or anything like that - because it is losing very few races
also the only time it goes from 3 bets to 6 bets is when it is a very sound bet -- that really acts as the recovery.

It is betting $10 Book Value bets - extremely small stakes and risk - but it just accumulates as more and more races are run

same with horse racing -- just the settings are different that is all.

both are doing $100 a day at the moment - lets just let it run for 14 days and see if there are any changes - or more stuff I need to add.
NotBothered

+ just so you know I am running an (a) and (b) which place 3 or 6 bets

but I actually have a (c) and (d) already done in case I need them for 1,000 a day

300 a day - yeah no problem - plenty of races - stakes low - not a tonne of risk -- but 1,000 a day I may need the extra ones - because some days horse racing does not have as many races like Mondays and Tuesdays and sometimes Thursdays.

Anyway everything is ready - lets just see how they do and go from there.
arch4672

NotBothered wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:50 pm
+ just so you know I am running an (a) and (b) which place 3 or 6 bets

but I actually have a (c) and (d) already done in case I need them for 1,000 a day

300 a day - yeah no problem - plenty of races - stakes low - not a tonne of risk -- but 1,000 a day I may need the extra ones - because some days horse racing does not have as many races like Mondays and Tuesdays and sometimes Thursdays.

Anyway everything is ready - lets just see how they do and go from there.
Why would you only run the extra strategies when there are fewer races? Why not run them all the time? Why are you setting a target profit for each day? Isn't it better to try and maximise the profit for each strategy, rather than have some arbitrary target?
NotBothered

for this thread I set 2 initial targets

greyhound dutching $300 a day

once achieved then we would go to $1000 a day with greyhounds and horse racing combined

I said I would do the $300 with the initial strategy which is what I am doing right now -- the others are there if I need them and like I said 300 a day is pretty easy for 1,000 a day well like I said - we need a certain number of races

right now at $10 book staking we have had 3 $100 days and I posted the horse racing $100 a day as well just to let you know I already have these things done and ready to go

and the targets I have set are within reason and within the scope talked about here.

I hope that makes sense ... 14 days to get to $300 a day steady - every day -- then within 30 days get to $1,000 a day - from there I will introduce other stuff besides dutching to move higher ... but one step at a time.

Experiment with dutching yourself - get a feel for it -- then consider adding stuff I am doing to make it better.

What you will find is your results will vary greatly to mine initially - because you will have no conditions or filters -- but as you attend to that your results will improve.
arch4672

NotBothered wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:27 pm
for this thread I set 2 initial targets

greyhound dutching $300 a day

once achieved then we would go to $1000 a day with greyhounds and horse racing combined

I said I would do the $300 with the initial strategy which is what I am doing right now -- the others are there if I need them and like I said 300 a day is pretty easy for 1,000 a day well like I said - we need a certain number of races

right now at $10 book staking we have had 3 $100 days and I posted the horse racing $100 a day as well just to let you know I already have these things done and ready to go

and the targets I have set are within reason and within the scope talked about here.

I hope that makes sense ... 14 days to get to $300 a day steady - every day -- then within 30 days get to $1,000 a day - from there I will introduce other stuff besides dutching to move higher ... but one step at a time.

Experiment with dutching yourself - get a feel for it -- then consider adding stuff I am doing to make it better.

What you will find is your results will vary greatly to mine initially - because you will have no conditions or filters -- but as you attend to that your results will improve.
But it makes no logical sense to arbitrarily set a target of 300 and then 1000.

I already know how to dutch, as I'm sure most people on here do. You say to experiment with it and then consider adding stuff you're doing to make it better, but as far as I can see you've given no insight into what you're actually doing to make it better.
RoyJay

You’ll all be doing it tomorrow! :P
NotBothered

did you download Dallas's 3 fav template and modify it for all runners yet ?

Return to “General discussion”