Dallas : How can you track wins/losses of a strategy

A place to discuss anything.
NotBothered

as you can see I just loaded the markets that are available
and put the automation on

(a) (b) the running profit one and to make sure to take BSP -- I left Auto 3 open for now as that will be (c) or (d)

I am leaning to using the 4 runner dutch version I made - instead of the normal 3 - but this is open to further consideration depending how well go over the next 10 days.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NotBothered

2 races +5.74

someone yesterday said I must be doubling tripling up - backing long shots whatever

nothing could be further from the truth -- this is slow and steady accumulation throughout the day

it is the strike rate that is driving the profit - not the bet sizing .. and if a loss does come it is not the end of the world

because we have the (b) strategy which will add more money onto the really good bets.

its $10 book value bets - that is a very modest bet size -- it is just we have alot of greyhound races a day and the way the strategy operates - so far it loses very few bets.

anyway lets see how it ends the day .. cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NotBothered

again 4 races so far today 3 bets 3 winners

+10.20

low risk accumulation - not high risk - volatile return
Anbell

RoyJay wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:20 pm
You’ll all be doing it tomorrow! :P
Define 'it'
NotBothered

+$102 so far
NotBothered

total dutching profit for today hits +$306

$166 Horse $140 Dogs
NotBothered

So as I hit $300 yesterday for the first time I will make a summary post for those that just cannot seem to piece it all together.

When I look on the forums there are tonnes of threads - tonnes of automations - tonnes of everything - but none of them you put on your account and makes you money - in most cases these lose.

Because it is the settings/conditions/stored values and your data work that makes these things run.

Lets again look at how I got to today and maybe this will help you

1. got into normal dutching - saw the weakness in the results - and it was easy to make returns but limited by the fact that losses really dragged performance down
2. then I thought well I need stored values more conditions and a filter to stop the betting and start it again when my conditions were met -- so I asked Dallas about how to modify that one running profit thing. However that did not work because it only took into account the last race.
3. so then I saw the 3 fav one - and thought ok I can modify that to record all runners and keep a tally - and I can use that in my automation to stop and start the thing from running and cut down on losses.

Therefore a. dutching template b. modified 3 fav template for all runners

Next I needed to find the best three runners to dutch .. so I went to excel where I already had a full database - and built graphs and tables - so I could measure for every runner where their chance of winning was increasing past a certain frequency and when it started to decrease .. I did this for every runner

then I ran these against each other to see what would the best 3 be and under what conditions ... this became (a)

next I had to program this into BA -- so I used stored values and tests that each race had to meet - then I added individual conditions for the runners winners and losers

onto the recording part - so I used this if my dutched runners won - that would let the automation to continue to run - but if my selections lost it would stop the betting until they won again and restart again.

What this did was to increase the consistency and reduce the races bet by a few and more importantly take the strike rate to where it very rarely ever lost a race.

And that is where I am at now -- its taken 3 weeks to go from using the simple version to customizing my own version and hitting $300 a day -- with the next stop $1000 a day.

Also consider this - I do not use recovery and have only been using Book Stake $10 bets - so there is plenty of room to move higher - it was however important to make sure the base work was performing as expected.

I fully expect some people will say .. I do not understand ... I cannot get it to work .. no idea how to do that ... that is normal - my idea would not be the only one some people cannot grasp or try and give up on ... but there might be some others who can look at my stats give it a try and see if they can come close to them ... or take what I am doing and do it their way - which could be better than mine .. you do not know if you do not try.

If you cannot modify Dallas's templates - if you do not understand that - just ask him - he is the most helpful person that I have seen here.

Anyway it is up to you - this is what I am doing - these are my results and I will achieve targets posted.

Finally I have tonnes of strategy that I may introduce here as well -- but honestly I think lets get to $1000 a day just from this Dutching and consider the position then.

As far as using Excel - Power Query SQL - Amazon or going to Fiverr and hiring someone - this is all up to you - what your knowledge is and your budget -- I did at one time have a team of 5 people working for me building data .. but you know all these things depend on what you want to do .. there is no right or wrong -- how I like things maybe not how you like them .. this sort of work there are options.... and if you want to learn it yourself - just go watch youtube videos and learn what you need to know that way.
NotBothered

there is still some way to go

but todays totals for Dutching

Dogs : +333.91
Horses +219.44

Total +$553

I upped the stakes and I introduced the (c) dutching strategy for the first time today.
NotBothered

still more races to go

+680

horses +370
dogs +310

looks like $740-$750 will be target for today.
NotBothered

day pretty much over now

dogs +316
horses +349

+665 - got on a nice run on horses but then got a few losses towards the end - dogs pretty consistent really

GL
NotBothered

OK

today I am running (a) (b) (c) and (d)

increased the stakes slightly from yesterday

I would expect to get to 800/1000 today - but of course you never know - it will take a few days to calibrate it correctly and it does depend on the results themselves.
NotBothered

did not get to 1,000 today +$891

I did notice some things in the results today - in that I modified my files to make it 1//2/3 losses restart - just to spread it out slightly

+ this will also be able to cover track condition - where tracks are variable takes some pressure of the result returning straight to normal - (1) .. allows more deviation to come back

I guess some people did not like my earlier post - but I just try to tell it how it is - and how I see it -- again it is my opinion about things and I am not always right nor do I explain things the best at times.

So yeah Dutching works for me -- still expanding it and fine tuning it - but yeah ready for tomorrow now .. hopefully touch the 1,000 target. .. lets see.
NotBothered

it is interesting to me that someone else posted my exact point about the information - that despite trying everything they could not identify a way to win at betting or using Bet Angel.

I thought about it - and some of the stuff like betting dog draw bias at certain tracks - betting track bias - all this stuff requires thousands of bets - for making pennies - it really is not a legitimate daily strategy to making money.

That is the different to me of what I am trying to talk about and what you find elsewhere - stuff I talk about I am actually doing - and making money at.

Sure this dutching one may seem hard and it took me 3 weeks to get to this point - but still I have not finished with the programming I am still thinking of ways to tighten things up and introduce more strategies on top of the ones I am running.

The other thing was I suggested to download some of the Dutching stuff and run it yourself on small stakes and see what it does and what it does not - and how to take that and evolve it like I did - from one version to another.

But in saying all of that what drives it - is the stored values / tests and conditions - and just having something to use to stop and start it ..... without these things you would get nowhere long term -and you can already read about that from other people in the dutching thread.

As far as form analysis goes -- to develop one form strategy takes me about 4 hours - and I already have everything done for that -- for someone starting out that could be a week or more.

Anyway like I said I was just going to bombard this thread with every solution to this problem --- Back / Lay / Form / Dutching / Place Betting / dog form patterns / Favorite Strategy -- but yeah not really sure I want to be posting the information.
NotBothered

So far horses +$450

not many dogs so far today - but $850-$1000 seems about likely for dutching today
NotBothered

+ just to show you the full dutching strategies used

Return to “General discussion”