Relative Odds x Text Comparison Condition

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
muffinman284

Hi all

I am a big fan of using the Text Comparison condition in Guardian to feed BA a list of runners for my automated strategies. Doing so allows me to put all of the day's UK and IRE races into Guardian and apply a single rule to all markets, knowing that the rule will only trigger if a selection's name matches my list.

I am wondering if it's possible to take things a step further with setting bespoke entry points for each horse on that list.

I'd like to set up a rule that can for example take BSP and place a back order at (BSP) x (custom uplift factor) for a particular runner in-running.

Taking a few runners from today to provide an illustration:
Image 29-01-2023 at 20.35.jpg

Is this possible within Guardian by adding in another rule and/or condition?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

If you were using the same BSP on them all then yes it would be straight forward to do

But to use different BSP's and uplifts you'd need to either

Create individual rules for every selection you want to bet on which would mean going in to each one and pasting just one selections name into the Text condition and then setting its BSP etc
Or
Similar to above but you could keep it all within on file still by grouping each set of conditions for each individual selection - which would still mean pasting a selections name into the text condition of each group and settings its BSP etc
muffinman284

Hi Dallas

Thanks for your response, that makes sense.

Previously I had been placing back entries using Custom % above Actual SP, fixed at e.g. 20% across the board.

Using multiple rules seems a necessary evil. To speed up the process of manually opening, changing text for a single runner, hitting apply, etc. repeatedly...

Is there a way to paste once a list of say 10 runners in the first rule that triggers as a set of Stored Values, and then have subsequent rules do a text lookup on that list for a match against current selection name in the conditions window?

I'd then look to create multiple versions of those subsequent rules with different Custom %'s & with conditions that target different Actual SP odds bands.
sniffer66

If I understand your requirement correctly then the best way to do this would be to use a csv import file in guardian, with the differing BSP etc settings set as Stored Values for each runner (row) in the CSV..

That way you only need one rule in the baf, set to use the required SV as an entry point.

It's much faster to edit a csv in Excel with the different values/selections you need, than edit in guardian each day.
muffinman284

Hi sniffer — thanks a mill for pointing out csv's can be used to poll data into BA, I hadn't considered that method before. Refreshing the csv file daily with new data looks like something that could be automated quite easily as well. Cheers!
sniffer66

muffinman284 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:29 pm
Hi sniffer — thanks a mill for pointing out csv's can be used to poll data into BA, I hadn't considered that method before. Refreshing the csv file daily with new data looks like something that could be automated quite easily as well. Cheers!
No problem. It's what I do and find it a lot simpler, once you get your head around the file format

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”