All Green Up

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
chrislholdsworth

I've set my 'All Green UP' to <= £125 to take any losses.
So far the losses I've had are
£353
£553 and some closer to the setting of £125
It seems pointless using this if it can't green up a little closer to the £125.
Does anybody have any thoughts on this anomaly?
Chris
jamesedwards

chrislholdsworth wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:13 pm
£353
Chris
If you're trying to green up during an in-running horse race then the 1 sec Betfair delay will kill you.
Derek27

chrislholdsworth wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:13 pm
£353
Chris
If your greenup condition is triggered by <=£125, you either need a minus sign if you're referring to profit, or >=125 if you've calculated your loss.
chrislholdsworth

Hi Guys thanks for your answers.
I forgot to add the minus sign - it should have read <=-125.
I don't think the Betfair 1 second delay is a problem to what I'm trying to do - see attachment.

The answer I'm looking for is how to get the trade to close at or near the Green Up trigger.
Or is this just a problem that is unsolvable?

Once again many thanks for your help.
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

chrislholdsworth wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:03 am
Hi Guys thanks for your answers.
I forgot to add the minus sign - it should have read <=-125.
I don't think the Betfair 1 second delay is a problem to what I'm trying to do - see attachment.

The answer I'm looking for is how to get the trade to close at or near the Green Up trigger.
Or is this just a problem that is unsolvable?

Once again many thanks for your help.
Chris

As others have said above its because of the in-play delay and volatility in the market

If you imagine from that image that your loss £125 will occur when the price is 2.30

During in-running and especially in the second half of a race the price could jump from 2.42 down to 1.82 which is now less than your target price so the software will instantly place that bet at the best price of 1.82 which means your loss is going to be quite away over £125 due to the movement in odd (which no software can control)

By the time its reached the market a second later the price now maybe 1.65 and if you have your rule set to re-arm and trigger again after 2-3secs then its potentially going to be placed even lower creating an even greater loss

You could configure the green up rule to place the bet at or next to the exit price of 2.30 (which gives you a loss of £125) and then hope that if it goes straight past like in the above example it drifts back out briefly enough to match it - otherwise you'll end up with a full loss

In short there's no guarantee you'll ever be able to get matched at a price you want when you want when betting on in-play horse racing

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”