Stop Loss Using Automation Not Working

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
lm1994

I have been working on a pre-off, lay bet bot, I'm looking to set a stop loss at a certain amount of ticks below my entry point should the trade go wrong, however I am having trouble getting this to work.

To try and achieve this, I have created a shared stored value named "entrypoint" for each selection, this is capturing the matched bet information of a selection by using the price of the most recent lay bet matched with an adjustment of minus 5 ticks.

I have a separate rule that is set to green up on any selection if and when the trade goes against me, I have set it to trigger using a stored value condition, that being, if "entrypoint" is equal to the best back price of a selection.

However when I've been playing around in practice mode, its pretty clear that this isnt triggering for me, does anybody know how I can get this to work?

PS. I have also tried to display the shared stored value on the ladders and the one click screen which does not bring up any information, so it could be that the error lies somewhere within the stored value.

Thanks for your help.
Derek27

lm1994 wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:24 pm
I have been working on a pre-off, lay bet bot, I'm looking to set a stop loss at a certain amount of ticks below my entry point should the trade go wrong, however I am having trouble getting this to work.

To try and achieve this, I have created a shared stored value named "entrypoint" for each selection, this is capturing the matched bet information of a selection by using the price of the most recent lay bet matched with an adjustment of minus 5 ticks.

I have a separate rule that is set to green up on any selection if and when the trade goes against me, I have set it to trigger using a stored value condition, that being, if "entrypoint" is equal to the best back price of a selection.

However when I've been playing around in practice mode, its pretty clear that this isnt triggering for me, does anybody know how I can get this to work?

PS. I have also tried to display the shared stored value on the ladders and the one click screen which does not bring up any information, so it could be that the error lies somewhere within the stored value.

Thanks for your help.
You'd need to post your rule file or a screenshot of your conditions. Wouldn't it be simpler if you just used an offset with stop loss when you fire the lay bet?
Dallas

lm1994 wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:24 pm

Thanks for your help.
Using 'equal' will be causing some of your problem, you'd noemally want to use 'less than' in case a large order moves the price a few ticks in one go and it doesn't end up sitting exactly on at price

Also if you have the markets in Guardian and its not refreshing them fast enough then the chances of it trigger may be down to near zero
as you not only need it to be at an exact price, but also for the market to be refreshed at that exact time also

This post will explain how to set up Guardian correctly if that is indeed part the reason its not triggering
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491

Its also worth checking and double checking you have the stored value name typed exactly the same in both places, including making both are in upper/lower case

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”