Stop Trading When Set Profit Is Reached

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Kai

The Silk Run wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:48 pm
I haven't read the entirety of this topic but I used to use SAW, and compounding, before jail break !!!
Me neither but I wouldn't worry about OP, he probably just needs more time to get into the swing of things.

Yes, that was a terrible pun :oops:
Dallas

Dallas wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:52 pm
icey1962 wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:30 am
Hi,
I'm looking to stop trading when I reach a certain level of profit for the day eg £30. But If I've understood the other threads correctly the automation were for the 'WIN' market not the 'PLACE' market. I'm in need of a solution for the 'PLACE' Market
I was wondering with the release of the latest version of BA if this might be easier to achieve now.

I know this has been touched upon before and I know there are arguments of why would you do this, well it's a free world and we are all entitled to our opinions. :D TIA
I'll try and remember to have a look at this between Xmas and New Year, its due to the way the P/L from place markets are returned I'm not sure how/if they can be used in a Stored Value
Sorry forgot all about this but will have a look this week once I'm back behind my desk properly
icey1962

Dallas wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:17 pm
Dallas wrote:
icey1962 wrote:
Hi,
I'm looking to stop trading when I reach a certain level of profit for the day eg £30. But If I've understood the other threads correctly the automation were for the 'WIN' market not the 'PLACE' market. I'm in need of a solution for the 'PLACE' Market
I was wondering with the release of the latest version of BA if this might be easier to achieve now.

I know this has been touched upon before and I know there are arguments of why would you do this, well it's a free world and we are all entitled to our opinions. :D TIA
I'll try and remember to have a look at this between Xmas and New Year, its due to the way the P/L from place markets are returned I'm not sure how/if they can be used in a Stored Value
Sorry forgot all about this but will have a look this week once I'm back behind my desk properly
Happy New Year Dallas! No Worries :)
iangrant230

Could someone post the thread where it shows how to stop automation if you have made a certain profit/loss throughout the day?
Dallas

iangrant230 wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:09 am
Could someone post the thread where it shows how to stop automation if you have made a certain profit/loss throughout the day?
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=25455
Dallas

Dallas wrote:
Dallas wrote:
icey1962 wrote:
Hi,

So having had a good look at how the P/L is returned in place markets unfortunately there isn't going to be a way of tracking/recording it like its possible with regular 1 winner markets with the current options available
icey1962

Dallas wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:53 pm
Dallas wrote:
Dallas wrote:

So having had a good look at how the P/L is returned in place markets unfortunately there isn't going to be a way of tracking/recording it like its possible with regular 1 winner markets with the current options available
OK thank you Dallas for taking the time to have a look at this, Happy New Year!
Dallas

icey1962 wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:28 am
Dallas wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:53 pm
Dallas wrote:

OK thank you Dallas for taking the time to have a look at this, Happy New Year!
No probs, and a happy new year to you to
iggypop37

amended - just seen Dallas post
Last edited by iggypop37 on Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas

iggypop37 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:08 pm
can someone point me towards some code for this for the win markets, I am consistently returning a small proit on the dogs but within that the variance is massive .

So I would like the opportunity to stop the days trading

You just need to add a 'Stored Value Condition' to the rules you want to stop triggering to test
Stored Value for Bet Angel named 'Total_Profit'
Is less than
(Whatever amount you want it to stop at)
iggypop37

thank you dallas - beat me to it
vetinry

Good morning
I've just been searching bet angel forum to try and find something to monitor P&L and this looks like just the thing.
I'd like to be able to automate trading on certain horse racing selections whereby I want to B&L trade them for approx 25% in play.
I know (now) how to set up the selections from the experience and help I gained in tennis markets and so have adapted this for horse racing.
I've only just implemented for todays racing and so will have to wait for the logs to see what happens but I'm wondering whether this will work because of course not all my trades will win the race, even if they do trade successfully.
From looking at the rules file, I can't decide whether this will only report on the actual race winner or whether it will report only on my selections in the races
If only the race winner, how do I use the stored values to get it to only report a P&L for my selections and their success or not
Many thanks
Steve
Dallas

vetinry wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:24 am
Good morning
I've just been searching bet angel forum to try and find something to monitor P&L and this looks like just the thing.
I'd like to be able to automate trading on certain horse racing selections whereby I want to B&L trade them for approx 25% in play.
I know (now) how to set up the selections from the experience and help I gained in tennis markets and so have adapted this for horse racing.
I've only just implemented for todays racing and so will have to wait for the logs to see what happens but I'm wondering whether this will work because of course not all my trades will win the race, even if they do trade successfully.
From looking at the rules file, I can't decide whether this will only report on the actual race winner or whether it will report only on my selections in the races
If only the race winner, how do I use the stored values to get it to only report a P&L for my selections and their success or not
Many thanks
Steve
This is probably closer to what you want

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”