automated stake adjustment?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
chuckles69

evenin all im playing around with automation ive had a good look but im stumped im trying to set my bot to add a loss from previous race to the steak for the next trade is this possable thanks in advance
Euler

You can stake by balance, that may help as obviously the balance would have changed from a settled race.
chuckles69

ah excellent thanks euler il give this a try tomorow.im having alot of fun testing out excel data capture and automation (not at the same time) i find it truly amazing what can be done with it, im still having trouble capturing inplay i cant seem to find a rule in switishes data cuputre sheet that is preventing me from capturing inplay it sometimes gives me a "we found a problem with one or more of the formulas check cells blah bla" and the figures all show #n/a? dosent always do this tho
chuckles69

Euler wrote:You can stake by balance, that may help as obviously the balance would have changed from a settled race.

sorry if im being stupid but i cant make the conection in the rules between my loss from last race into my stake for the next race so as to recoup my loss.

so from you sugestion i need to have a condtion in that checks my balance and compares it to x amount of mins ago from when last bet placed ,then if balance more than x mins ago stake % of balance,if less than x mins from last bet add the loss to next stake.
Bobcmac

Hi, I am trying to achieve the same thing as you, i.e. Adjust the betting stake to cover the previous loss, I wanted to know if you have managed to solve the problem. Regards.
the4droogs

you can also specify if the stored value is to be shared, this will allow other automation files and servants to reference and use it
The above is from the Bet Angel documentation on stored values. I haven't used shared stored values much myself but it looks like you should be able to achieve this by using shared store values.
Adjust the betting stake to cover the previous loss
However, the above quote is a big red flag. I don't know exactly what you are trying to do but it sounds a lot like the Martingale system - which is guaranteed to lose you money in the long term.

Put another way, why would you use losses from a previous trade to adjust the stake of the current trade? Unless the loss in the previous trade somehow effects the likelihood of the current trade being successful (unlikely), there is no reason to use previous trade results to adjust the stake of the current trade.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”