Using Automation Signals

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Finbar147

Hi Dallas (or anyone!), am trying to work out why a signal rule isn't kicking in but for the life of me can't.

Idea is to put in a lay bet ($5) to sit in front of any selection at the best back price where that value is at least (for example) $50

The idea is to have a signal whereby if that signal has the value of 0 or 1 then any unmatched bets are cancelled, so after it sits there if the $50 (or more) goes below $50 then the unmatched bet is cancelled

So I have the following set up

Lay bet to sit in front of any amount over $50, with 100 second fill or kill, this part triggers no problem

Then to cancel that lay bet if the money at the front of the back queue goes under $50

Rule
Set/Modify Signal - Conditions = stored value condition, money avaliable to back at best back price >$50, Signals Action - incremental value & name 'cancel'

Rule
Set/Modify Signal - Clear signal (current selection) if money available to back at best back price <$50 for name 'cancel'

Rule
Cancel all unmatched bets - 'signal value condition' the value of cancel for the selection is less than 2 on Any Selection

Any idea where I'm going wrong, been sat at the laptop all night trying to play with different rules but I can't see why the above wouldn't cancel unmatched bets...
Dabbla

A cleared signal does not equal 0, It equals (NOT SET with a value)
You would need to use the condition (Signal set condition) is (NOT SET)
You could just change the clear signal rule to a signal value of 0
Finbar147

Cheers Dabbla, that makes a lot of sense, have changed it to cancel when signal is not set, fingers crossed that does the trick.
Gravesen33

Hi All,
Can any1 help me with a condition I cannot work out for a horse race in-play....
So, I want to place a Lay bet just say @ 7.4 but the bet has to be placed if the Back price is NOT below 6.8

Thank you
ShaunWhite

Gravesen33 wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:01 am
Hi All,
Can any1 help me with a condition I cannot work out for a horse race in-play....
So, I want to place a Lay bet just say @ 7.4 but the bet has to be placed if the Back price is NOT below 6.8

Thank you
Instead of not below 6.8, use 'and back price greater than 6.6' as a second condition on your lay rule.
Gravesen33

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:42 am
Gravesen33 wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:01 am
Hi All,

Thank you
Instead of not below 6.8, use 'and back price greater than 6.6' as a second condition on your lay rule.
Thanks a lot, will try to do it in this way.....
mannheimes

The real hardest part is setting the condition for the signal. It is a pity that this is not always good for me ...
Borism30

Hello to everyone
I'm interested for Betfair Mached Volume bot which sends me signals when in an event enter money volume
I have read many articles here and I have learned that such a thing is possible
There is someone here who can help me
Thank You ....!!!
Dallas

Borism30 wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:47 pm
Hello to everyone
I'm interested for Betfair Mached Volume bot which sends me signals when in an event enter money volume
I have read many articles here and I have learned that such a thing is possible
There is someone here who can help me
Thank You ....!!!
There's a couple of ready-made examples like the one below you can download and import into your Bet Angel (then edit if needed)
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=16754
Borism30

Thank you your advice was very helpful
elsie107a

Hi, I am just starting out on my automation journey and hope someone can help, I have a football strategy I wish to test and was building out a couple of automations for it and ran into a problem.

One part of the strategy is to close / cash out the trade on the 21st min if no goals for a loss - But I could not seem to find any condition for this in the conditions dropdown i saw greening up but not - cash out at a pre determined time.

The other issue is that my 2nd automation rule needs to check that rule one (above) has cashed out successfully is there a way to check for this.

Thank you for you help
Paul
Dallas

elsie107a wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:35 am
Hi, I am just starting out on my automation journey and hope someone can help, I have a football strategy I wish to test and was building out a couple of automations for it and ran into a problem.

One part of the strategy is to close / cash out the trade on the 21st min if no goals for a loss - But I could not seem to find any condition for this in the conditions dropdown i saw greening up but not - cash out at a pre determined time.

The other issue is that my 2nd automation rule needs to check that rule one (above) has cashed out successfully is there a way to check for this.

Thank you for you help
Paul
You'd just arm the green up rule to trigger from 00:21:00 to something like 00:22:00

If the 2nd rule is another green up / close trade rule you don't need to do anything, if the first has already exited your trade this will still trigger but there won't actually be any bets for it to submit
ShaunWhite

elsie107a wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:35 am
But I could not seem to find any condition for this in the conditions dropdown i saw greening up but not - cash out at a pre determined time.
They're the same thing. The third term you might see which also means the same is to "hedge" your position.

But be mindful though that greening/hedging/cashing-out isn't always the right thing to do, it's seen as been an integral part of "trading" but that shouldn't mean you disregard the profitability of the underlying bets entirely and you'll want to look at which bets (opening or hedging) are making or losing you money.
elsie107a

Hi thanks for the help, I am still a little unclear on part to solution.

What I don't want is for automation 2 to trigger unless automation 1 has cashed out ie I don't want trade one to still have part or all of the money still on the table or am i worrying over something that is not going to happen and cashout will always happen ok

thank you
WildChild9

Hi Dallas,

Can you please explain how or is it even possible to get signals from two markets (Away Team Odds & O1.5 Goal Odds)? I am looking for these 2 markets to fit into a specific odds window to then trigger an automation. Apologies if this is a no brainer or is somewhere else in this forum, I haven't been able to work it out. #Newbie Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”