Using Automation Signals

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Vaz0202

Thanks Dallas, really grateful
gazuty

Hi Dallas

Hope you are well. It's been a little while

I want to do the following (but I can't see how this is possible).

I want to count the number of times a rule triggers in one market - easy I set a signal at zero and I increment that signal each time the rule triggers.

Then I want to store that signal value as a stored value for the event - ie I want to use the number of times a rule has triggered in one market as a decision maker as to whether a rules triggers for a different market on the same event.

When I look at what I can store as a stored value it is not possible to pick this up from the value of a signal - as far as I can see. And unfortunately it is not possible - as far as I can see - to set a signal for the Event, only for a Market.

Any guidance on this one would be much appreciated, (maybe I am missing something very simple).

If this is not possible - at present - I would very much encourage this functionality in the next update. And if you were doing this in an update, then just do it in stored values, ie would love it if there was an ability to set a stored value at, say 0, and increment it by 1 each time a rule triggered.

Oh and while I am at it, for stored value, number of matched bets per selection and matched bets per market then available for the Event, through stored value (ok looking at the 1.61.0 beta I can matched bets on selection and market has arrived - yay, good work).

Gaz
sniffer66

gazuty wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:55 pm
Hi Dallas

I want to count the number of times a rule triggers in one market - easy I set a signal at zero and I increment that signal each time the rule triggers.

Then I want to store that signal value as a stored value for the event - ie I want to use the number of times a rule has triggered in one market as a decision maker as to whether a rules triggers for a different market on the same event.

When I look at what I can store as a stored value it is not possible to pick this up from the value of a signal - as far as I can see. And unfortunately it is not possible - as far as I can see - to set a signal for the Event, only for a Market.

Any guidance on this one would be much appreciated, (maybe I am missing something very simple).

If this is not possible - at present - I would very much encourage this functionality in the next update. And if you were doing this in an update, then just do it in stored values, ie would love it if there was an ability to set a stored value at, say 0, and increment it by 1 each time a rule triggered.

Oh and while I am at it, for stored value, number of matched bets per selection and matched bets per market then available for the Event, through stored value (ok looking at the 1.61.0 beta I can matched bets on selection and market has arrived - yay, good work).

Gaz
Just increment a Stored Value at Event level as your counter, rather than a Signal. i.e CountSV = CountSV (Another Stored Value) + 1 (Adjustment + 1). Ensure you set CountSV = 0 as a one time rule first
Dallas

sniffer66 wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:29 am
gazuty wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:55 pm
Hi Dallas

Gaz
Just increment a Stored Value at Event level as your counter, rather than a Signal. i.e CountSV = CountSV (Another Stored Value) + 1 (Adjustment + 1). Ensure you set CountSV = 0 as a one time rule first
I doubt you'd need it Gazuty but just in case or for anyone else reading this there are a few examples which increment SV's in the way Sniffer66 has mentioned above like this one below if anyone is still stuck
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=20854

But the option of incrementing a SV could probably be added without much trouble so i'll flag it to dev next week

Hope things are going well for you to Gazuty, I'm at that point where I'm just (only just) beginning to will the end of the summer to come ask me again in a months time and you'll get a more definitive answer :lol:
gazuty

sniffer66 wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:29 am
Dallas wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:25 pm
I doubt you'd need it Gazuty but just in case or for anyone else reading this there are a few examples which increment SV's in the way Sniffer66 has mentioned above like this one below if anyone is still stuck
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=20854

But the option of incrementing a SV could probably be added without much trouble so i'll flag it to dev next week

Hope things are going well for you to Gazuty, I'm at that point where I'm just (only just) beginning to will the end of the summer to come ask me again in a months time and you'll get a more definitive answer :lol:
Thank you both. Hope everyone is well and enjoying the English summer. Dallas i’ll check in again in a month on the end of summer.
leewillo75

Hi I wonder if people could try and work out what I have done wrong here.

I am running two back the home team in football when certain critieria is match, using guardian and the back home odds. However sometimes the systems overlap so when they do I only want to place one bet

So the logic I have is system 1 goes in automation rules 1 and system 2 goes in automation rules 2.

I have system 1 set up so if a rule is triggered it changes the signal to 1 for the market
In system 2 one of the conditions I have is that market signal must be to zero. I have also put a rule in which sets the signal to zero at the start of the process

As you can see last night from my log the signal was set to zero then triggered so changed to one but it still placed a bet on automation rule 2 and I dont understand what I am doing wrong. Log attached with a condition of the rules for system 2.
Automation Query 2.png
Automation Query 1.png
Hopefully somone will be able to work it out for me

Cheers

Lee
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Signals can't be passed to other rules files, you need to use stored values (shared) in one rules file, and a stored value condition in the other
leewillo75

Dallas wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:22 pm
Signals can't be passed to other rules files, you need to use stored values (shared) in one rules file, and a stored value condition in the other
thanks Dallas wasnt aware signals couldnt be passed across rule files as first time using them properly

Anyhow fixed it now using stored values so thanks
HarryB

Hi Dallas needed some help..

I have been trying to work out how to enter 3 different markets on the same event with 1 click on bet angel. I was hoping to list 3 markets on guardian or another part of the software and then want to bet on all 3 at the same time for example match odds in football and over 2.5 and over 3.5 goals.

Is there a way to preset the selections, with the stakes I wanted, and then have a tab pop up that says confirm bets(like you get when betting a single selection when the confirm bet option is set on yes)? Alternatively, a separate window that displays a list of set options.

The important thing is that all bets must be placed asynchronously, not in chain order.

Thanks in advance any help much appreciated

quote=Dallas post_id=101278 time=1463511102 user_id=14766]
Setting a Signal
On the "General Tab" you will see two new rule types, the first is

"Set / Modify a Signal Only"
This will allow you to set/modify/clear a signal when your selected conditions have been met but without any other action being performed, ie set a signal name and value when the odds of the 2nd fav trade below 3.0

(Alternatively you can choose to set a signal each time an existing rule type you might be using is triggered, ie when a back bet is triggered it sets a unique signal name with a value or when a green all selections rule triggers that sets its own unique signal name and value - to set a signal in this way see 'Signal' tab in next post).

A signal can be set for either an individual selection or the whole market.

The 2nd new rule type you will see is

"Clear all Signals from Market and Selections"
This allows you to quickly clear all signals currently set regardless of their name and value for the whole market.

*if you have set multiple signals with different names and values and wish to clear only signals with a certain name or value from either a selection or the market then you can use "Set / Modify a Signal Only" to perform this type of task.
[/quote]
Dallas

HarryB wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:44 pm
Hi Dallas needed some help..

I have been trying to work out how to enter 3 different markets on the same event with 1 click on bet angel. I was hoping to list 3 markets on guardian or another part of the software and then want to bet on all 3 at the same time for example match odds in football and over 2.5 and over 3.5 goals.

Is there a way to preset the selections, with the stakes I wanted, and then have a tab pop up that says confirm bets(like you get when betting a single selection when the confirm bet option is set on yes)? Alternatively, a separate window that displays a list of set options.

The important thing is that all bets must be placed asynchronously, not in chain order.

Thanks in advance any help much appreciated

quote=Dallas post_id=101278 time=1463511102 user_id=14766]
Setting a Signal
On the "General Tab" you will see two new rule types, the first is

"Set / Modify a Signal Only"
This will allow you to set/modify/clear a signal when your selected conditions have been met but without any other action being performed, ie set a signal name and value when the odds of the 2nd fav trade below 3.0

(Alternatively you can choose to set a signal each time an existing rule type you might be using is triggered, ie when a back bet is triggered it sets a unique signal name with a value or when a green all selections rule triggers that sets its own unique signal name and value - to set a signal in this way see 'Signal' tab in next post).

A signal can be set for either an individual selection or the whole market.

The 2nd new rule type you will see is

"Clear all Signals from Market and Selections"
This allows you to quickly clear all signals currently set regardless of their name and value for the whole market.

*if you have set multiple signals with different names and values and wish to clear only signals with a certain name or value from either a selection or the market then you can use "Set / Modify a Signal Only" to perform this type of task.
[/quote]

To bet into different markets you need to use Stored Value and not signal, and set the Stored Value at 'Event' level (ie, in the match odds market)
You would then add stored value conditions to the rules in your other markets (ie, the O/U2.5, O/U3.5, CS etc) to test if the stored value is set
viewtopic.php?t=16230

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”