Using Automation Signals

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
CPC67

Hi I will appologise now but I cant get my file to trigger.
I am after trying to bet on the following criteria:
Place a £5 bet on the first two Favs ( if odds against ) in the betting before the off, but there must be a 2 points difference between the second and third Favs. I have also tried to place a min & max runners condition of say min runners 4 and max runners in race 11 runners. I have attached my attempt but nothing seems to trigger, are you able to help please i have put hours in to thisthrugh looking on the forum but I still dont see where I am going wrong.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

You need a seperate rule for each, one to place a back bet on the fav, the second to place a back bet on second fav.
with the conditions advised in my previous post
Jukebox

CP there is so much wrong with the file its best you start again - essentially you've use the rule Back All selections on condition that the Favorite's Back Price is less than 1.01
Clearly this will never fire - and nor would you want it to especially as you have it firing 100 times.

You have set out the conditions for number of runners correctly and seem to have understood the relative odds condition.

I suggest you set up two seperate rules one for the favorite with the conditions you require and the other for the second favorite accordingly.
Dabbla

CP Your relative odds condition is the same as the selection, so it won’t trigger.
But you don’t want that anyway.
You should remove that condition and change it to Historic relative odds. Then follow what Dallas has said
Dallas

Dabbla wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:31 pm
CP Your relative odds condition is the same as the selection, so it won’t trigger.
But you don’t want that anyway.
You should remove that condition and change it to Historic relative odds. Then follow what Dallas has said
That was a good spot, and a typo on my part, it should as Dabba said of been Historical Relative Odds condition
CPC67

Thanks all for your comments I will give your guidance a go.
CPC67

I was wondering if I could have some more advice on the attached. I think after 13 hour shifts and being a complete novice I just can't seem to get this to work. I manage on Sunday to get the second favourite to trigger but not the odds against first fav. I have gone on the search on the forum for past posts but I still just can't seem to make this work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

CPC67 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:04 pm
I was wondering if I could have some more advice on the attached. I think after 13 hour shifts and being a complete novice I just can't seem to get this to work. I manage on Sunday to get the second favourite to trigger but not the odds against first fav. I have gone on the search on the forum for past posts but I still just can't seem to make this work.
Try this, it was almost there just a few errors in who the rules were applied to and a condition not quite right
CPC67

Many thanks Dallas I will give it a go tonight I do appreciate your help with this, thank you.
CPC67

Morning just after a bit of advice about the attched autobot. I noticed Thursday that the fav was odds on and no bet was placed, this was correct because I want it to trigger above 2.1. But the rule actually picked up the second fav and placed a £5 bet. The criteria was correct but I only want the rule to trigger if both rules actually match. Could some one help or point me in the right direction, thanks.
Jukebox

If you make:

an additional Fixed Odds Condition to the 2nd Fav Bet Rule that it only Bets if the 1st Fav is Greater than 2 (so it won't bet on the 2nd unless it knows the 1st is good)
an additional Number of Place Bet Triggers Condition on the 1st Fav that it only Bets if there is a already Bet on the market (so it can only bet on the 1st if the 2nd has been bet)
CPC67

thanks for the reply Jukebox but can you talk me through this step by step please, as I am only a 4 week newbie I am afraid and I understand what I need but not really sure to be honest how to actually put this and where sorry
Jukebox

No problem

I knocked a file up as per your original request
Have a look at the attached:
CPC67 FILE.baf
The idea is to set ALL the conditions that must be met for BOTH runners (including the conditions for the favorite)in the second favorite's bet rule so that it bets when all those conditions are met - and the only condition that is really required in the favorite's bet rule is to bet only if a bet has been put in the market.
CPC67

Jukebox thanks ever so much I will have a look at how you have done this and just see where I went wrong, thanks again for your help.
CPC67

hi Jukebox the first FAV doesn't seem to want to fire. Everything else seems to work, could you have a look please

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”