Using Automation Signals

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
fingers21

Dallas wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:25 pm
fingers21 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:14 pm
Could someone please help me with the following:

I have a stored value generated once a second. I would like to be able to compare the current value of this SV with the previous value of the same SV and if the current SV is higher, trigger a lay bet or a back bet if it is lower.

Is this possible?
Yes its possible but can you just clarify if you are only testing the previous value ie, the value is

6 (trigger)
5 (trigger as its greater than 3)

Or the previous hi/lo since they began being stored?

6 (trigger)
7 (trigger as its greater than the previous high of 6)
I am testing the previous value as per your first example so

5 (first value)
6 (trigger lay bet as greater than 4)
4 (trigger back bet as lower than 6)
3 (continue backing as lower than 4)
5 (trigger lay bet as its greater than 3)

The general idea is to use this as part of a scalping bot I am working on hence the constant changes between back to lay
Dallas

fingers21 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:56 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:25 pm
fingers21 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:14 pm
Could someone please help me with the following:

I have a stored value generated once a second. I would like to be able to compare the current value of this SV with the previous value of the same SV and if the current SV is higher, trigger a lay bet or a back bet if it is lower.

Is this possible?
Yes its possible but can you just clarify if you are only testing the previous value ie, the value is

6 (trigger)
5 (trigger as its greater than 3)

Or the previous hi/lo since they began being stored?

6 (trigger)
7 (trigger as its greater than the previous high of 6)
I am testing the previous value as per your first example so

5 (first value)
6 (trigger lay bet as greater than 4)
4 (trigger back bet as lower than 6)
3 (continue backing as lower than 4)
5 (trigger lay bet as its greater than 3)

The general idea is to use this as part of a scalping bot I am working on hence the constant changes between back to lay
OK, for that all you'd need is a 'place back bet rule' with a Stored value condition to test the price (or whatever it is you are testing)
Is greater than
another stored value (and enter your SV name)

and reverse it for the other, so, 'place lay bet rule' with a Stored value condition to test the price (or whatever it is you are testing)
Is less than
another stored value (and enter your SV name)
fingers21

Thanks Dallas. That seems to have done the trick!
CallumPerry

New question, if I may. Memphis recommended I take a look at signals, so today I have had a bit of a play and everything looks pretty straightforward except I can't tell one thing.

I have an opening trigger signal which (in the conditions tab) is several conditions checking the market is not in-play, book % is <x, market volume >y etc

I have it as a 'Set / Modify a Signal Only' rule which is always armed so I suppose the moment (refresh) ALL of these conditions are met, this signal changes to 1. I have checked the 'Note Signal changes in the market's log' box and tested it with the following rules...

Market Volume > 50,000
Market Volume < 60,000

Sure enough, I watched the market volume pour in and once it reached 50K my log rapidly filled with a message saying that my signal is set to '1'. Once it got =>60K it stopped. Does that signal change to a 0 or a "" or is it stuck set as '1'? This is what I can't tell.

If it (for that single refresh) gets changed to a '0' or " " then that's fine, else do I have to create another rule telling my signal to change if ALL of the conditions are not met? In that case, I need an 'OR' otherwise I'll have to have a 'turn off signal' rule for EVERY condition?

I hope that makes sense and somebody can explain to me what is happening when the signal conditions are not met. TIA.
Dallas

CallumPerry wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:28 pm
New question, if I may. Memphis recommended I take a look at signals, so today I have had a bit of a play and everything looks pretty straightforward except I can't tell one thing.

I have an opening trigger signal which (in the conditions tab) is several conditions checking the market is not in-play, book % is <x, market volume >y etc

I have it as a 'Set / Modify a Signal Only' rule which is always armed so I suppose the moment (refresh) ALL of these conditions are met, this signal changes to 1. I have checked the 'Note Signal changes in the market's log' box and tested it with the following rules...

Market Volume > 50,000
Market Volume < 60,000

Sure enough, I watched the market volume pour in and once it reached 50K my log rapidly filled with a message saying that my signal is set to '1'. Once it got =>60K it stopped. Does that signal change to a 0 or a "" or is it stuck set as '1'? This is what I can't tell.

If it (for that single refresh) gets changed to a '0' or " " then that's fine, else do I have to create another rule telling my signal to change if ALL of the conditions are not met? In that case, I need an 'OR' otherwise I'll have to have a 'turn off signal' rule for EVERY condition?

I hope that makes sense and somebody can explain to me what is happening when the signal conditions are not met. TIA.
On the signal tab there are two options for setting a signal

Set a Signal named - you give it your own value, each time it triggers it will set that same signal name and value

Increment signal value - you only give this a name, when the rule triggers it will set a signal with that name and a value of 1, if it triggers again the value will change to 2 and so on
Decrement Signal value - as above but deducts 1 each time it triggers

This example uses a signal increment value rule, and triggers once every second (while in a loss) so increases the value by 1 every time it triggers, its then reset if you go back into profit, or if the value reaches 10 another rule triggers and greens up
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11361

The Signal Goals O/U 2.5 example here increments/decrements the value depending on whether the home or away team scores
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=12490

Those should help get you going
underx

Hello Dallas, hope you are well and happy new year.
I would like to ask for some assistance on something you wrote in 2019 helping another user. I have a similar problem and i am trying to solve it.
Dallas wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:40 pm
Yes, you could use a 'Set/Modify Stored Value' and on the stored value tab store the value of the traded amount on the selection and make an adjustment of 'plus' 1000 and trigger it every second

Then on your back/lay rule use a 'Stored Value Condition to test if the selections traded volume is greater than another stored value (and enter the stored value name you used above)

That will do it
You mention in the first sentence that the Set/Modify Stored should be triggered every second but i was wondering if this rule shouldn't be triggered only once, store the value and then make sure that either the back or lay rule uses it as a reference to check if there is an increase in volume for example. Wouldn't triggering it every second keep resetting the stored value? In my case i am interested in backing and laying after an increase by a certain percentage of the stored value.

Thank you for all the help you offer us
Dallas

underx wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:43 am
I would like to ask for some assistance on something you wrote in 2019 helping another user. I have a similar problem and i am trying to solve it.
Dallas wrote:
Yes, you could use a 'Set/Modify Stored Value' and on the stored value tab store the value of the traded amount on the selection and make an adjustment of 'plus' 1000 and trigger it every second

Then on your back/lay rule use a 'Stored Value Condition to test if the selections traded volume is greater than another stored value (and enter the stored value name you used above)

That will do it
You mention in the first sentence that the Set/Modify Stored should be triggered every second but i was wondering if this rule shouldn't be triggered only once, store the value and then make sure that either the back or lay rule uses it as a reference to check if there is an increase in volume for example. Wouldn't triggering it every second keep resetting the stored value? In my case i am interested in backing and laying after an increase by a certain percentage of the stored value.

The context of that reply was for the volume to increase by £X within a second, ie a larger bet, if it was just stored the once it would trigger when the volume increased by £X - no matter how long it took.
So it just depends what it is you want to do as the best way to set it up

There a ready-made rules file which tests the relative increase in volume%
By using a relative increase rather than a fixed X it means you can apply to markets with any level of traded volume and at any time without needing to keep editing the amount
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=16754
underx

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:25 am
underx wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:43 am
Dallas wrote:

That will do it

The context of that reply was for the volume to increase by £X within a second, ie a larger bet, if it was just stored the once it would trigger when the volume increased by £X - no matter how long it took.
So it just depends what it is you want to do as the best way to set it up

There a ready-made rules file which tests the relative increase in volume%
By using a relative increase rather than a fixed X it means you can apply to markets with any level of traded volume and at any time without needing to keep editing the amount
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=16754
Thank you for a clear explanation!
Oscar

Hi, can someone help me with a simple signal, or refer me to an existing example that can be tweeked.

Basic requirements are to set the sig to detect when the selection/market is -£x or +£x.

This is then used as a condition to trigger another action on the selection/market, but not to hedge.

I've tried modifying other bots without success.

The main problem for me is that I can't find the right condition to use on the signal. I don't want odds, ticks or percentage, just money. The nearest one is greening when a certain amount is reached, but I don't want to green up.

Any help would be really appreciated.
Dallas

Oscar wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:16 pm
Hi, can someone help me with a simple signal, or refer me to an existing example that can be tweeked.

Basic requirements are to set the sig to detect when the selection/market is -£x or +£x.

This is then used as a condition to trigger another action on the selection/market, but not to hedge.

I've tried modifying other bots without success.

The main problem for me is that I can't find the right condition to use on the signal. I don't want odds, ticks or percentage, just money. The nearest one is greening when a certain amount is reached, but I don't want to green up.

Any help would be really appreciated.
You could do it without a signal by adding a close trade profit condition, or green all profit condition to the rule that is to trigger
Oscar

Hi Dallas, and thanks very much for your reply.

The thing is, I don't want to close my trade, or green up when I reach plus or minus £x. I want to make another action.
It's for IP horses.
Dallas

Oscar wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:44 pm
Hi Dallas, and thanks very much for your reply.

The thing is, I don't want to close my trade, or green up when I reach plus or minus £x. I want to make another action.
It's for IP horses.
You would just use either of those conditions as part of another rule ie,

place a back

on condition
green all selection profit
is less than -£5.00
Oscar

Thanks Dallas,

That makes things so easy now.
It's the mention of the word "green" all profit which has put me off using it as a condition for anything else.

:)
underx

I have a quick question about signals.
Lets say i have a signal to monitor a certain runner and that signal is set to activate when the runner is between odds of X and Y. The signal is set to unlimited trigger and unlmited re-arms.

Does this mean that the signal automatically resets itself or stop considering the runner once its outside the range of X and Y?

If i wanted my rule to avoid a runner between a certain range of odds but to continually monitor the runner and place a bet once its outside the range of those odds, could this work?

Thank you!
Dallas

underx wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:56 am
I have a quick question about signals.
Lets say i have a signal to monitor a certain runner and that signal is set to activate when the runner is between odds of X and Y. The signal is set to unlimited trigger and unlmited re-arms.

Does this mean that the signal automatically resets itself or stop considering the runner once its outside the range of X and Y?

The signal rule will continue to trigger all the time the selection remains between those odds and satisfies your conditions.

You'd need another two signal rules to clear the signals
one with a condition odds are less than X
the other with a condition odds are greater than Y

underx wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:56 am

If i wanted my rule to avoid a runner between a certain range of odds but to continually monitor the runner and place a bet once its outside the range of those odds, could this work?

Thank you!
Yes, if doing as above and resetting the signal outside the odds you could add a signal condition to test the signal is NOT set with a value

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”