Using Automation Signals

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Oscar

Hi Dallas, and thanks very much for your reply.

The thing is, I don't want to close my trade, or green up when I reach plus or minus £x. I want to make another action.
It's for IP horses.
Dallas

Oscar wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:44 pm
Hi Dallas, and thanks very much for your reply.

The thing is, I don't want to close my trade, or green up when I reach plus or minus £x. I want to make another action.
It's for IP horses.
You would just use either of those conditions as part of another rule ie,

place a back

on condition
green all selection profit
is less than -£5.00
Oscar

Thanks Dallas,

That makes things so easy now.
It's the mention of the word "green" all profit which has put me off using it as a condition for anything else.

:)
underx

I have a quick question about signals.
Lets say i have a signal to monitor a certain runner and that signal is set to activate when the runner is between odds of X and Y. The signal is set to unlimited trigger and unlmited re-arms.

Does this mean that the signal automatically resets itself or stop considering the runner once its outside the range of X and Y?

If i wanted my rule to avoid a runner between a certain range of odds but to continually monitor the runner and place a bet once its outside the range of those odds, could this work?

Thank you!
Dallas

underx wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:56 am
Lets say i have a signal to monitor a certain runner and that signal is set to activate when the runner is between odds of X and Y. The signal is set to unlimited trigger and unlmited re-arms.

Does this mean that the signal automatically resets itself or stop considering the runner once its outside the range of X and Y?

The signal rule will continue to trigger all the time the selection remains between those odds and satisfies your conditions.

You'd need another two signal rules to clear the signals
one with a condition odds are less than X
the other with a condition odds are greater than Y

underx wrote:

If i wanted my rule to avoid a runner between a certain range of odds but to continually monitor the runner and place a bet once its outside the range of those odds, could this work?

Thank you!
Yes, if doing as above and resetting the signal outside the odds you could add a signal condition to test the signal is NOT set with a value
underx

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:05 am
underx wrote:

The signal rule will continue to trigger all the time the selection remains between those odds and satisfies your conditions.

You'd need another two signal rules to clear the signals
one with a condition odds are less than X
the other with a condition odds are greater than Y

underx wrote:

Thank you!
Yes, if doing as above and resetting the signal outside the odds you could add a signal condition to test the signal is NOT set with a value
Thats just perfect. Thank you as always for the help Dallas! I am grateful.
fractalmodel

Is there anything in automation that allows you to use the volume on the front 3 as what appears on the bottom of the ladder please?

I can see WOM and volume etc but cant see anything that covers that
Dallas

fractalmodel wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:48 pm
Is there anything in automation that allows you to use the volume on the front 3 as what appears on the bottom of the ladder please?

I can see WOM and volume etc but cant see anything that covers that
There's the option of using traded volume on a runner, or under stored values you can also test the traded volume % per runner.

If you are looking to add or average the front'X' runners the latest V1.56 has a new option added to stored values which will let you sum up stored values
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=22831
fractalmodel

Thank you Dallas I will check it out
fractalmodel

Does the traded volume discriminate by time for Inplay and preplay and is it possible to set for the last x seconds please?
Dallas

fractalmodel wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:44 am
Does the traded volume discriminate by time for Inplay and preplay and is it possible to set for the last x seconds please?
You can set it anyway you want
There's an example here that you can reset whenever you want and it covers the increase in percent (but can be changed to actual volume)
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=22993

This one displays the in-play increase over fixed and rolling periods
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=22876

The third example here is just for the in-play traded volume
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=16350
combo1956

Hello

Is it possible to automate a strategy which backs identified horses in different races but which stakes the winning from the previous bet? Eg bet 1 is $10 at 2.00 and wins $10 ignoring commission. Bet 2 is then $20 at 2 and wins $20 ignoring commission. Bet 3 is $30 and so on. The sequence would stop at a losing bet and start again. I only place 2 or 3 bets per day so my strike rate is good and the strategy is profitable.
Any comments gratefully received.
JimmyH

Hi Dallas,

Just tried to make my 1st automation bot using signals.

What I am trying to achieve is to trade out of a position for a loss on 70 minutes & the back odds are less than 2.02.

I have 2 Set signals palced on my "close trade for a loss" rule.

One called 70 minutes and the other called <2.02.

So I have set the 1st condition (in play) to trigger at the 1 hour 26 minutes mark in play till two hours, and I have set my <2.02 for the same.

From what I can gather both signals have to be true in order for the position to be closed, so if, for example 70 minutes has passed, but the odds are still above 2.02, it will not fire until both signals are satisfied.

Please tell me I have this right!!!

Many thanks Dallas.
Dallas

JimmyH wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:47 am
Hi Dallas,

What I am trying to achieve is to trade out of a position for a loss on 70 minutes & the back odds are less than 2.02.

So I have set the 1st condition (in play) to trigger at the 1 hour 26 minutes mark in play till two hours, and I have set my <2.02 for the same.

From what I can gather both signals have to be true in order for the position to be closed, so if, for example 70 minutes has passed, but the odds are still above 2.02, it will not fire until both signals are satisfied.

Many thanks Dallas.
You could do that without the need for signals

The close trade rule just needs a 'Fixed Odds Condition' to test the price is less than 2.02
JimmyH

Dallas wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:58 pm
JimmyH wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:47 am
Hi Dallas,

Many thanks Dallas.
You could do that without the need for signals

The close trade rule just needs a 'Fixed Odds Condition' to test the price is less than 2.02

Oh!!

:-(

I seem to have eureka moments, and then when I try it out something goes horribly tits up!!

Like for example on the same automation bot, which is LTD at KO, I have a green up all selections rule.

This runs from 10 secs in play until 2 hours in play.

Conditions are:-

The match is in Play.
Unsuspended for 180 secs.
Green up value is greater than 50p.

In testing it just greens up immediately for a loss.

I must admit I am getting frustrated!!

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”