Using Automation Signals

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Jukebox

If you make:

an additional Fixed Odds Condition to the 2nd Fav Bet Rule that it only Bets if the 1st Fav is Greater than 2 (so it won't bet on the 2nd unless it knows the 1st is good)
an additional Number of Place Bet Triggers Condition on the 1st Fav that it only Bets if there is a already Bet on the market (so it can only bet on the 1st if the 2nd has been bet)
CPC67

thanks for the reply Jukebox but can you talk me through this step by step please, as I am only a 4 week newbie I am afraid and I understand what I need but not really sure to be honest how to actually put this and where sorry
Jukebox

No problem

I knocked a file up as per your original request
Have a look at the attached:
CPC67 FILE.baf
The idea is to set ALL the conditions that must be met for BOTH runners (including the conditions for the favorite)in the second favorite's bet rule so that it bets when all those conditions are met - and the only condition that is really required in the favorite's bet rule is to bet only if a bet has been put in the market.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CPC67

Jukebox thanks ever so much I will have a look at how you have done this and just see where I went wrong, thanks again for your help.
CPC67

hi Jukebox the first FAV doesn't seem to want to fire. Everything else seems to work, could you have a look please
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JeeHaitch

Hi Guys
I think i am getting the hang of the automation now.
I do have a question - is it possible to set a signal and get that one signal to drive multiple bet inputs

for example I check for 0-0 at HT, and then i want that to trigger 4 bet inputs at the same time
2 on 0.5 and 2 on 1.5 goal markets

i have the signal bit working, so it sets a signal 0g, i i cant get this to trigger bets on two markets.
Do i need a seperate signal for each bet input ?

Gav
dt888

Instead of setting a signal you could store a shared value
for the event. Then your rules for each market should fire if you apply a condition to each saying that the event has that particular stored value
Dallas

Following on from what dt8888 said below are a few examples which might help that use Stored Values to trigger bets in different markets
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=16255
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=21362
fingers21

Could someone please help me with the following:

I have a stored value generated once a second. I would like to be able to compare the current value of this SV with the previous value of the same SV and if the current SV is higher, trigger a lay bet or a back bet if it is lower.

Is this possible?
Dallas

fingers21 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:14 pm

I have a stored value generated once a second. I would like to be able to compare the current value of this SV with the previous value of the same SV and if the current SV is higher, trigger a lay bet or a back bet if it is lower.

Is this possible?
Yes its possible but can you just clarify if you are only testing the previous value ie, the value is

6 (trigger)
5 (trigger as its greater than 3)

Or the previous hi/lo since they began being stored?

6 (trigger)
7 (trigger as its greater than the previous high of 6)
fingers21

Dallas wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:25 pm
fingers21 wrote:

Is this possible?
Yes its possible but can you just clarify if you are only testing the previous value ie, the value is

6 (trigger)

6 (trigger)
I am testing the previous value as per your first example so

5 (first value)
6 (trigger lay bet as greater than 4)
4 (trigger back bet as lower than 6)
3 (continue backing as lower than 4)
5 (trigger lay bet as its greater than 3)

The general idea is to use this as part of a scalping bot I am working on hence the constant changes between back to lay
Dallas

fingers21 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:56 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:25 pm
fingers21 wrote:

Is this possible?

6 (trigger)

6 (trigger)
I am testing the previous value as per your first example so

5 (first value)
6 (trigger lay bet as greater than 4)
4 (trigger back bet as lower than 6)
3 (continue backing as lower than 4)
5 (trigger lay bet as its greater than 3)

The general idea is to use this as part of a scalping bot I am working on hence the constant changes between back to lay
OK, for that all you'd need is a 'place back bet rule' with a Stored value condition to test the price (or whatever it is you are testing)
Is greater than
another stored value (and enter your SV name)

and reverse it for the other, so, 'place lay bet rule' with a Stored value condition to test the price (or whatever it is you are testing)
Is less than
another stored value (and enter your SV name)
fingers21

Thanks Dallas. That seems to have done the trick!
CallumPerry

New question, if I may. Memphis recommended I take a look at signals, so today I have had a bit of a play and everything looks pretty straightforward except I can't tell one thing.

I have an opening trigger signal which (in the conditions tab) is several conditions checking the market is not in-play, book % is <x, market volume >y etc

I have it as a 'Set / Modify a Signal Only' rule which is always armed so I suppose the moment (refresh) ALL of these conditions are met, this signal changes to 1. I have checked the 'Note Signal changes in the market's log' box and tested it with the following rules...

Market Volume > 50,000
Market Volume < 60,000

Sure enough, I watched the market volume pour in and once it reached 50K my log rapidly filled with a message saying that my signal is set to '1'. Once it got =>60K it stopped. Does that signal change to a 0 or a "" or is it stuck set as '1'? This is what I can't tell.

If it (for that single refresh) gets changed to a '0' or " " then that's fine, else do I have to create another rule telling my signal to change if ALL of the conditions are not met? In that case, I need an 'OR' otherwise I'll have to have a 'turn off signal' rule for EVERY condition?

I hope that makes sense and somebody can explain to me what is happening when the signal conditions are not met. TIA.
Dallas

CallumPerry wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:28 pm
New question, if I may. Memphis recommended I take a look at signals, so today I have had a bit of a play and everything looks pretty straightforward except I can't tell one thing.

I have an opening trigger signal which (in the conditions tab) is several conditions checking the market is not in-play, book % is <x, market volume >y etc

I have it as a 'Set / Modify a Signal Only' rule which is always armed so I suppose the moment (refresh) ALL of these conditions are met, this signal changes to 1. I have checked the 'Note Signal changes in the market's log' box and tested it with the following rules...

Market Volume > 50,000
Market Volume < 60,000

Sure enough, I watched the market volume pour in and once it reached 50K my log rapidly filled with a message saying that my signal is set to '1'. Once it got =>60K it stopped. Does that signal change to a 0 or a "" or is it stuck set as '1'? This is what I can't tell.

If it (for that single refresh) gets changed to a '0' or " " then that's fine, else do I have to create another rule telling my signal to change if ALL of the conditions are not met? In that case, I need an 'OR' otherwise I'll have to have a 'turn off signal' rule for EVERY condition?

I hope that makes sense and somebody can explain to me what is happening when the signal conditions are not met. TIA.
On the signal tab there are two options for setting a signal

Set a Signal named - you give it your own value, each time it triggers it will set that same signal name and value

Increment signal value - you only give this a name, when the rule triggers it will set a signal with that name and a value of 1, if it triggers again the value will change to 2 and so on
Decrement Signal value - as above but deducts 1 each time it triggers

This example uses a signal increment value rule, and triggers once every second (while in a loss) so increases the value by 1 every time it triggers, its then reset if you go back into profit, or if the value reaches 10 another rule triggers and greens up
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11361

The Signal Goals O/U 2.5 example here increments/decrements the value depending on whether the home or away team scores
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=12490

Those should help get you going

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”