Using Automation Signals

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Dallas

fractalmodel wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:44 am
Does the traded volume discriminate by time for Inplay and preplay and is it possible to set for the last x seconds please?
You can set it anyway you want
There's an example here that you can reset whenever you want and it covers the increase in percent (but can be changed to actual volume)
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=22993

This one displays the in-play increase over fixed and rolling periods
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=22876

The third example here is just for the in-play traded volume
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=16350
combo1956

Hello

Is it possible to automate a strategy which backs identified horses in different races but which stakes the winning from the previous bet? Eg bet 1 is $10 at 2.00 and wins $10 ignoring commission. Bet 2 is then $20 at 2 and wins $20 ignoring commission. Bet 3 is $30 and so on. The sequence would stop at a losing bet and start again. I only place 2 or 3 bets per day so my strike rate is good and the strategy is profitable.
Any comments gratefully received.
JimmyH

Hi Dallas,

Just tried to make my 1st automation bot using signals.

What I am trying to achieve is to trade out of a position for a loss on 70 minutes & the back odds are less than 2.02.

I have 2 Set signals palced on my "close trade for a loss" rule.

One called 70 minutes and the other called <2.02.

So I have set the 1st condition (in play) to trigger at the 1 hour 26 minutes mark in play till two hours, and I have set my <2.02 for the same.

From what I can gather both signals have to be true in order for the position to be closed, so if, for example 70 minutes has passed, but the odds are still above 2.02, it will not fire until both signals are satisfied.

Please tell me I have this right!!!

Many thanks Dallas.
Dallas

JimmyH wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:47 am
Hi Dallas,

What I am trying to achieve is to trade out of a position for a loss on 70 minutes & the back odds are less than 2.02.

So I have set the 1st condition (in play) to trigger at the 1 hour 26 minutes mark in play till two hours, and I have set my <2.02 for the same.

From what I can gather both signals have to be true in order for the position to be closed, so if, for example 70 minutes has passed, but the odds are still above 2.02, it will not fire until both signals are satisfied.

Many thanks Dallas.
You could do that without the need for signals

The close trade rule just needs a 'Fixed Odds Condition' to test the price is less than 2.02
JimmyH

Dallas wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:58 pm
JimmyH wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:47 am
Hi Dallas,

Many thanks Dallas.
You could do that without the need for signals

The close trade rule just needs a 'Fixed Odds Condition' to test the price is less than 2.02

Oh!!

:-(

I seem to have eureka moments, and then when I try it out something goes horribly tits up!!

Like for example on the same automation bot, which is LTD at KO, I have a green up all selections rule.

This runs from 10 secs in play until 2 hours in play.

Conditions are:-

The match is in Play.
Unsuspended for 180 secs.
Green up value is greater than 50p.

In testing it just greens up immediately for a loss.

I must admit I am getting frustrated!!
iggypop37

im trying to use signals on a version of emerging challenger and am nearly there. to explain

1st rule clears any existing unmatched historical bets (on the runner) and sets a counter running (to increment signal value ) whilst the runner is leading (favourite)

2nd rule clears the counter if the horse is no longer favourite.

3rd rule places a fill/kill back bet if the counter is greater than 3 seconds and the runner is still leading.

my question is if the bet is killed and I want a fresh bet placed at the new odds available on the horse provided it is first in the market still how do i do that. I could loop back to the 1st rule but it get complicated with new/existing signals ?

thanks in advance
Dallas

iggypop37 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:02 pm
im trying to use signals on a version of emerging challenger and am nearly there. to explain

1st rule clears any existing unmatched historical bets (on the runner) and sets a counter running (to increment signal value ) whilst the runner is leading (favourite)

3rd rule places a fill/kill back bet if the counter is greater than 3 seconds and the runner is still leading.

my question is if the bet is killed and I want a fresh bet placed at the new odds available on the horse provided it is first in the market still how do i do that. I could loop back to the 1st rule but it get complicated with new/existing signals ?

thanks in advance
Its tricky to give an exact answer without knowing the conditions of your first rule, it sounds like your clearing pre-off matched bets when it first triggers, then want to add it into a 'loop' for the emerging runner part?

If so on your first rule you could maybe add a 'unmatched bets condition' on selection is equal to 0
and signal condition is not set or hasn't been set in 'X' seconds etc
iggypop37

Dallas wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:19 pm
iggypop37 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:02 pm

thanks in advance
Its tricky to give an exact answer without knowing the conditions of your first rule, it sounds like your clearing pre-off matched bets when it first triggers, then want to add it into a 'loop' for the emerging runner part?

If so on your first rule you could maybe add a 'unmatched bets condition' on selection is equal to 0
and signal condition is not set or hasn't been set in 'X' seconds etc
thanks Dallas I think that is sorted now. To explain I am trying to catch fancied runners at 3 stages,

1) prior to the off when steamed in,

2) 30 secs if when current price < BSP,

3) and any strong runners that emerge to go fav later on.

the answer would seem to be use of appropriate fill/kill rules and signals , which prevent you from backing runners more than once, and enable you to back horses which come back into contention later

simple once you know how

Cheers !
iangrant230

Say your laying a horse in running at 2, can you set a rule so that no trade will be placed if the SP fav is less than 2.5 even if that isnt the horse that does hit 2 first? So basically if the SP fav is less than 2.5 SP the bot knows not to make a trade at all on anything in the race.

Thanks
Dallas

iangrant230 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:53 am
Say your laying a horse in running at 2, can you set a rule so that no trade will be placed if the SP fav is less than 2.5 even if that isnt the horse that does hit 2 first? So basically if the SP fav is less than 2.5 SP the bot knows not to make a trade at all on anything in the race.

Thanks
Yes you can run a 'Set/Modify Signal' rule armed just before the start time and applied to the fav
With a fixed odds condition to test the price is greater than 2.5
Then on the signal tab set a signal on the selection

Then on your lay bet rule add a 'Signal Set' condition to test the signal named (whatever you called it above) is NOT set on the selection
Finbar147

Hi Dallas (or anyone!), am trying to work out why a signal rule isn't kicking in but for the life of me can't.

Idea is to put in a lay bet ($5) to sit in front of any selection at the best back price where that value is at least (for example) $50

The idea is to have a signal whereby if that signal has the value of 0 or 1 then any unmatched bets are cancelled, so after it sits there if the $50 (or more) goes below $50 then the unmatched bet is cancelled

So I have the following set up

Lay bet to sit in front of any amount over $50, with 100 second fill or kill, this part triggers no problem

Then to cancel that lay bet if the money at the front of the back queue goes under $50

Rule
Set/Modify Signal - Conditions = stored value condition, money avaliable to back at best back price >$50, Signals Action - incremental value & name 'cancel'

Rule
Set/Modify Signal - Clear signal (current selection) if money available to back at best back price <$50 for name 'cancel'

Rule
Cancel all unmatched bets - 'signal value condition' the value of cancel for the selection is less than 2 on Any Selection

Any idea where I'm going wrong, been sat at the laptop all night trying to play with different rules but I can't see why the above wouldn't cancel unmatched bets...
Dabbla

A cleared signal does not equal 0, It equals (NOT SET with a value)
You would need to use the condition (Signal set condition) is (NOT SET)
You could just change the clear signal rule to a signal value of 0
Finbar147

Cheers Dabbla, that makes a lot of sense, have changed it to cancel when signal is not set, fingers crossed that does the trick.
Gravesen33

Hi All,
Can any1 help me with a condition I cannot work out for a horse race in-play....
So, I want to place a Lay bet just say @ 7.4 but the bet has to be placed if the Back price is NOT below 6.8

Thank you
ShaunWhite

Gravesen33 wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:01 am
Hi All,
Can any1 help me with a condition I cannot work out for a horse race in-play....
So, I want to place a Lay bet just say @ 7.4 but the bet has to be placed if the Back price is NOT below 6.8

Thank you
Instead of not below 6.8, use 'and back price greater than 6.6' as a second condition on your lay rule.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”