Only trigger if horse is 1st or 2nd using signals

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
jongup

I have my back and lays applied to a guardian nominated selection.

In tight races where there is prices such as 5.1, 5.2, 5.5, 5.7 i notice the favourite tends to jump around alot as the prices are so close together.

I want to create a signal where the rule is only triggered if the nominated horse is 1st or second - I don't want to change selection to order of favouritism as i'm targeting specific horses.

I've created a set signal rule - applied to guardian nominated selection and i can see in the logg this is recorded. Under signals i've got firstorsecond with a value of 1.

then under the back/lay rule i've got the same signal set and under conditions i've got signal value condition - firstorsecond for the selection is greater than 1 for nominated in position 1. and again another 1 with the same but for nominated in position 2.

Obviously i've gone really wrong somewhere as its not being triggered at all. Any ideas on how i can do this within guardian?
SeaHorseRacing

Thought this was about only fools and horses for a second there!

Too much booze i think! :lol:

Just saw Trigger and Horse.
mobius

Definitely too much booze. It's Benny Hill - Ernie (The Fastest Milkman In The West) (the horse's name was trigger)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e1xvyTdBZI
Enjoy!
:lol:
Dallas

jongup wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:52 pm
I have my back and lays applied to a guardian nominated selection.

In tight races where there is prices such as 5.1, 5.2, 5.5, 5.7 i notice the favourite tends to jump around alot as the prices are so close together.

I want to create a signal where the rule is only triggered if the nominated horse is 1st or second - I don't want to change selection to order of favouritism as i'm targeting specific horses.

I've created a set signal rule - applied to guardian nominated selection and i can see in the logg this is recorded. Under signals i've got firstorsecond with a value of 1.

then under the back/lay rule i've got the same signal set and under conditions i've got signal value condition - firstorsecond for the selection is greater than 1 for nominated in position 1. and again another 1 with the same but for nominated in position 2.

Obviously i've gone really wrong somewhere as its not being triggered at all. Any ideas on how i can do this within guardian?
If I understand correctly what you're looking for a 'Relative odds Condition' should do it for you as that can test the odds between two runners are within 'X' ticks of each other.
Or this file might help as I think it's along the lines of what you're looking for
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=13010

If not just post back and if possible clarify a bit more what your looking for and I'll advise further
jongup

hmm not sure relative odds would be right as sometimes the odds change so much before the off.
In the above example where the odds are 5.1, 5.2, 5.5, 5.7 - say the horse I wanted to back was trading 5.1 10 minutes before but then 2 minutes before when i decide to trade it, it suddenly is now at 5.7 - i'd not want to trade it then.

currently i'm doing it manual where if i see its now gone into 4th because the odds of the first 4 are so close - i won't trade it but ideally i'd like it so I can set this up in guardian rather than doing it myself.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”