Working with Multiple Shared Stored Values

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Jukebox

I often find myself wanting to total all my shared stored values for some subsequent calculation but because of the limit of adding only two stored values together find I have to first add them in pairs as new stored values, add those together as new stoed values and so on.

I also sometimes want to trigger a bet based on a shared stored value - because it is the highest or lowest of all the shared stored values - is there a way to do this? - I currently create a column on the OCS and trade by eyeballing the shared stored values.

Am I missing any tricks?
iDooze

+1 to this. Would love to see this as a feature on any upcoming releases of BA.
Jukebox

A month later - I thought someone had something - I'll see if I can get Luke to ask next time
sniffer66

This may help on the 2nd part, I asked similar a while ago

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=19118&p=192197#p192197

Take a nominal high\low value, outside of your stored value range. Then compare against each of your stored values until you reach the lowest\highest. This will return the actual value, not the name of the stored value though - not sure if thats what you needed
Jukebox

Thanks sniffer, I did check it out thanks -
it's no less convuluted than my current methods.
sniffer66

Jukebox wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:31 am
Thanks sniffer, I did check it out thanks -
it's no less convuluted than my current methods.
No probs.

I'm starting to think I need to learn Excel\VBA now. I'm finding I'm having to do some convoluted workarounds to achieve something I could achieve in a script in seconds...
Jukebox

It's an irony that BA Automation has become so sophisticated that many things that were once the province of XL only have come within its reach - but as it does so it can fall short on some of the simplest things to complement that extra sophistication.
Archery1969

Put in a request. If enough people want it then it will go on the development list.
fractalmodel

How do you find all the stored values that you have created if you have not kept a note of them
sniffer66

fractalmodel wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:00 pm
How do you find all the stored values that you have created if you have not kept a note of them
I've not kept up with the export feature in the new version (which may help) but to aid that I've always declared mine in a single rule at the top of my baf, as a run once
Every time I create an SV it gets declared as "SV_Name"=0 in that rule. Also saves errors when trying to run a calc when an SV doesnt exist or been assigned a value yet

easy reference then and can copy n paste from it
Last edited by sniffer66 on Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”