Guardian Automation, referencing external data

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
StefanBelo

sniffer66 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:12 am
StefanBelo wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:55 am
Yes, I have got such data, what you can offer me in exchange?
That depends if I can use it in my automation. I don't believe I can, currently
Contact me when you have anything to share, code or anything what could be in interest for me. I can exchange anything on reciprocity bases only as making to work what you ask took me a lot of hours of hard work.
sniffer66

StefanBelo wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:38 am
sniffer66 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:12 am
StefanBelo wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:55 am
Yes, I have got such data, what you can offer me in exchange?
That depends if I can use it in my automation. I don't believe I can, currently
Contact me when you have anything to share, code or anything what could be in interest for me. I can exchange anything on reciprocity bases only as making to work what you ask took me a lot of hours of hard work.
Yes, I get that, you've spent time getting this working - a swap makes sense. But you implied you had this working using Guardian Automation. You haven't answered my question if you've done that yet
jimibt

I think you'll potentially be able to develop a far richer model if you take the plunge and use Excel linked to guardian. Inside your vba model, you can build different strategy cases, based on a mix of data (market data from BA and the stats data from the webservice).

I took this whole approach a step further and introduced a push mechanism (web sockets) to provide live external data as it became available, rather than poling for it. This, mixed with the streamed market data, provided a rich data layer that guardian rules alone could not. Worthy of consideration - tho it does involve a learning curve (none of this is easy, otherwise everyone would be doing it!!) ;)
sniffer66

jimibt wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:02 am
I think you'll potentially be able to develop a far richer model if you take the plunge and use Excel linked to guardian. Inside your vba model, you can build different strategy cases, based on a mix of data (market data from BA and the stats data from the webservice).

I took this whole approach a step further and introduced a push mechanism (web sockets) to provide live external data as it became available, rather than poling for it. This, mixed with the streamed market data, provided a rich data layer that guardian rules alone could not. Worthy of consideration - tho it does involve a learning curve (none of this is easy, otherwise everyone would be doing it!!) ;)
I think that's good advice Jim and the way I've started to lean. I'm in IT and have some scripting (not coding) skills already so hopefully the learning curve may be a little shallower. I have invested some time in cracking Guardian Automation but think I've hit the ceiling now as far as the capabilities go.
Time to start reading....
StefanBelo

sniffer66 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:06 am
jimibt wrote:

I think that's good advice Jim and the way I've started to lean. I'm in IT and have some scripting (not coding) skills already so hopefully the learning curve may be a little shallower. I have invested some time in cracking Guardian Automation but think I've hit the ceiling now as far as the capabilities go.
Exactly what jim suggests, and it is quite strange you did not understand that before, because you need "any kind of app environment" to execute what you need. So in guardian you have no such option, but in Excel you can code in VBA.

You will have to learn a lot, so I suggest you to go to betfair developer forum and take some api environment on which you can build your bot app.
sniffer66

StefanBelo wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:14 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:06 am
jimibt wrote:

Exactly what jim suggests, and it is quite strange you did not understand that before, because you need "any kind of app environment" to execute what you need. So in guardian you have no such option, but in Excel you can code in VBA.

You will have to learn a lot, so I suggest you to go to betfair developer forum and take some api environment on which you can build your bot app.
Well not to split hairs but I asked if it was possible in Guardian and you responded you had "done something similar" which implied it was possible. Thats what I was trying to get to work out, how ?

Anyway, thanks for the help. I'll look into Excel VBA as a start and move on from there if required
StefanBelo

I meant by "I have done something similar" that I build my tennis trading bot using atp players statistics and live match statistics data for these player... trigger evaluates current statistic data to players previous statistics data.
sniffer66

StefanBelo wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:25 am
I meant by "I have done something similar" that I build my tennis trading bot using atp players statistics and live match statistics data for these player... trigger evaluates current statistic data to players previous statistics data.
Yes, I realise that now. I misunderstood :)

Good to know it's possible though, albeit with a lot of work. I have plenty of time soon so hopefully I can get to the stage I can use it. It's all data I use trading live and any bot would be hamstrung without it, in my opinion.
Can I ask, did you build your bot from scratch using the API or are you using something off the shelf that can be added to ?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”