Automatic market uploading to Guardian?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
jamesedwards

Is there any way to automatically populate Guardian with markets as they become available and then can automation rules be applied to them?

eg as soon as tomorrow's horse races at Cheltenham are put live by Betfair then they are detected and automatically uploaded to Guardian and automation rule applied?
jamesedwards

Assume no response means this is not something that can be done? I imagine it must have been proposed before though as would be very useful to many automations I should think?
firlandsfarm

I did ask for this in the Suggestions forum but BA said they felt it might be dangerous! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18759
jamesedwards

firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:33 am
I did ask for this in the Suggestions forum but BA said they felt it might be dangerous! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=18759
Thanks, I hadn't seen that thread. For me it's not about automatically uploading the markets into Guardian, it's about getting them uploaded as soon as possible once the markets appear in Betfair.

For example if you are running an automation that lays everything at 2.0 in running and when matched initiates a back bet at 2.1 then the further up the lay queue you are at 2.0, the earlier you will match the lay bet, and the more likely you will turn a profit.
Last edited by jamesedwards on Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
firlandsfarm

I think you are asking for basically the same as me … Automatically load new markets into Guardian and add the appropriate rules as soon as the market becomes available of Betfair. If not I'm sure it's close. I would suggest you add a comment to my original post in the Suggestions section where the BA guys and forum members are perhaps more likely to spot it and maybe comment.
jamesedwards

firlandsfarm wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:37 pm
I think you are asking for basically the same as me … Automatically load new markets into Guardian and add the appropriate rules as soon as the market becomes available of Betfair. If not I'm sure it's close. I would suggest you add a comment to my original post in the Suggestions section where the BA guys and forum members are perhaps more likely to spot it and maybe comment.
Thanks. I've added my thoughts to your thread.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

The markets are downloaded in bulk from betfair in a large data file and we’ve had to negotiate with them as to how often that file is refreshed so as to not strain their infrastructure. That’s why there are Refresh buttons and ‘Find’ buttons on a lot of the market selection screens. They wouldn’t be happy with Bet Angel constantly trying to detect new markets.
firlandsfarm

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:26 pm
The markets are downloaded in bulk from betfair in a large data file and we’ve had to negotiate with them as to how often that file is refreshed so as to not strain their infrastructure. That’s why there are Refresh buttons and ‘Find’ buttons on a lot of the market selection screens. They wouldn’t be happy with Bet Angel constantly trying to detect new markets.
OK, I understand though I suspect they download sports markets to a schedule on their servers, all they would need to do is share that schedule with you so that you know when to interrogate them for new markets rather than continually checking for them. (Does your bulk download explain why Australian dogs are not usually available to me before I go to bed and therefore I cannot use those markets?)

There are two things here and I appreciate jameegray1 is after the 'immediate new market' facility I am just after the 'new on BA' facility i.e. if you can't do an 'immediate new market' facility you carry on downloading as now but grant users an option in the Coupon facility to automatically add new markets to the existing selected markets when they appear on BA. And with your 'dead-man's handle' analogy in mind you could always add an "until …" condition.
CallumPerry

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:26 pm
Would it not be possible to have a timed trigger at a user defined level or a single timed event? For example, say I want to load all 3pm Saturday football matches once at 7am that morning. Would it be possible to have a trigger in Guardian that waits until 3pm and then selects and adds markets based on conditions i.e. Volume greater than?

At the maximum end of the scope, greyhound markets can be added every 60 seconds if there is sufficient volume to save Guardian cycling through a lot of useless markets. There would be no need to pointlessly overload BF's infrastructure with 20m/s refreshes or anything silly.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:01 am
OK, I understand though I suspect they download sports markets to a schedule on their servers, all they would need to do is share that schedule with you so that you know when to interrogate them for new markets rather than continually checking for them. (Does your bulk download explain why Australian dogs are not usually available to me before I go to bed and therefore I cannot use those markets?)
We'll ask them, but I don't think they have fixed times for putting new markets live, they just appear as and when market ops are ready.
firlandsfarm wrote:
There are two things here and I appreciate jameegray1 is after the 'immediate new market' facility I am just after the 'new on BA' facility i.e. if you can't do an 'immediate new market' facility you carry on downloading as now but grant users an option in the Coupon facility to automatically add new markets to the existing selected markets when they appear on BA. And with your 'dead-man's handle' analogy in mind you could always add an "until …" condition.
Yes they are quite different requests and 'immediate new market' facility isn't really something that can be added to a product with thousands of users each with different needs. i.e. It'd be possible to add to a bespoke application as you'd just create a very specific set of API calls that work together to serve one purpose. As far as I remember, there is no API call to find markets recently added or ones over a certain volume, so you have to get loads of unwanted markets and throw away the duplicates. The result set is also limited to 1000 markets, so if the filter isn't tight enough, you may end up missing the ones you were actually looking for!
CallumPerry wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:00 am

Would it not be possible to have a timed trigger at a user defined level or a single timed event? For example, say I want to load all 3pm Saturday football matches once at 7am that morning. Would it be possible to have a trigger in Guardian that waits until 3pm and then selects and adds markets based on conditions i.e. Volume greater than?

At the maximum end of the scope, greyhound markets can be added every 60 seconds if there is sufficient volume to save Guardian cycling through a lot of useless markets. There would be no need to pointlessly overload BF's infrastructure with 20m/s refreshes or anything silly.
The bulk data file can be requested from betfair no more frequently than every 30 minutes, but once those markets are known to Bet Angel, we can filter them with the Coupon facility as required. The only way that Guardian/Bet Angel will know what the current market volume is will be to cycle through them to refresh the data (or run the Coupon that itself has API calls to extract volumes market by market).

Not sure I understand your point of loading them at 7am and again at 3pm? The volume would be tested at the point you run the Coupon and add them to Guardian, so if you want to filter based on 3pm volume then you'd need to run the Coupon at 3pm.
I'd mentioned in another thread that you can configure a keyboard shortcut to select a Coupon and process it, so you should be able to do this with one keystroke. That keystoke itself could be automated with a PC based scripting tool (for instance I would expect AutoHotKey could do it). There are bound to be a few AutoHotKey wizards on the forum, I'm sure someone would be able to show how to send a fixed keypress to BetAngel.exe at a specific time of day. That'd certainly be the most flexible way to do things, as you can then define the keyboard shortcut to do any number of things. You'd like it to run a Coupon, someone else might like it to link into Automation, another may want Excel bindings changed etc.

It certainly sounds like an automated keyboard shortcut would help solve yours and firlandsfarm request.
jamesedwards

Betangel, as far as I am concerned the earlier the better. If it's not possible to automatically update markets in Guardian as soon as they are on Betfair it would at least be useful to be able to upload them automatically to Guardian the moment they appear on Bet Angel. Plus if I want to play Aussie Greyhounds I have to stay up half the night to add all the markets up as they appear.
CallumPerry

Bet Angel wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:42 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:
We'll ask them, but I don't think they have fixed times for putting new markets live, they just appear as and when market ops are ready.
firlandsfarm wrote:
CallumPerry wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:00 am
Not sure I understand your point of loading them at 7am and again at 3pm? The volume would be tested at the point you run the Coupon and add them to Guardian, so if you want to filter based on 3pm volume then you'd need to run the Coupon at 3pm.

It certainly sounds like an automated keyboard shortcut would help solve yours and firlandsfarm request.
I meant could I set up my excel sheet at 7am on a Saturday morning and then leave the house in the knowledge that at 3pm (or rather a few minutes before), Guardian would fill with all football matches with a certain minimum volume and my sheets would bind automatically. A timed update list trigger.

Would also help with the most recent message, not having to worry about staying up for the Aussie dogs as this could update automatically add itself too.
firlandsfarm

Bet Angel wrote:
It seems like we are slowly getting there :) But … I have no idea what this is! :shock: Can you point me in the right direction to find out more.
sniffer66

firlandsfarm wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:52 am
Bet Angel wrote:
It seems like we are slowly getting there :) But … I have no idea what this is! :shock: Can you point me in the right direction to find out more.
Have a look here

https://www.autohotkey.com/

Personally I use auto-it at work, can be very powerful, but you will get similar results from both.
A quick search on the forum and help files should get you there quickly. It's just an automated key press on a schedule
jimibt

sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:01 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:52 am
Bet Angel wrote:
Have a look here

https://www.autohotkey.com/

Personally I use auto-it at work, can be very powerful, but you will get similar results from both.
A quick search on the forum and help files should get you there quickly. It's just an automated key press on a schedule
autohotkey looks very powerful but simple to use. thanks for the link, will definitely have a use for this.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”