photo finish

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
JakubStefanik

Is there any rule which could help me to stop my automation placing bet during photo finish?
jimibt

yes. you can set a signal after the race has gone inplay and then monitor the value of it.

How this works is that once the race goes inplay, you set a flag that sets something like marketInPlay = 1. when the market then ends (after the race), you set that value to 0 (i.e. you when the market is not in play, you test for the existence of the marketInPlay flag and set it to 0. there are a few nuances, such as the opening when the market goes in play and abruptly goes off play for a few seconds, then goes back in play. you can work round this by using the unsuspended time rule).

Therefore, your rules have to do two things:

1. The marketInPlay signal must be set. This is set if the market goes in play, therefore no rules will trigger without it being present
2. When firing any rules, you check that this signal exists and also that it == 1. If it does exist but == 0, then you'll not place any actions as it will mean that the race has been inplay and has then gone out of play.

Hope this is clear -sounds a bit rambly on reading it back :D
lynchie78

Hi Jim, have you any screen shots of how this would look? Similar to above, I want my bot to stop placing lay bets after a race suspends at the natural end before ot reopens for a photo finish..
Thanks
jamesg46

Check this out made by Dallas. It has an Alert for photo finishes, you could use/change this rule to work in your favour.

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=23601

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”