Identifying Specific Race Length & Qty of Runners

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Post Reply
AMS01
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:06 pm

Hi, I'm looking to modify a file so that it will identify more than one race length with a specific number of runners per length... Would this be done using a signal?

So therefore it tells Bet Angel to fire a bet so long as the race length is say either, 5f long with 5 runners, 7f long with 6 runners or say 6f long with 6 runners.

All numbers are examples and I would need to be able to easily change the distance & number of runners.

Is this easy to implement?

Many thanks for your help
User avatar
jamesedwards
Posts: 2570
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:16 pm

Both these variants are available conditions so the way I would do it is to use these conditions to create a stored value for the 'Number Of Selections', and then a separate stored value for 'Race Distance'. Then use each of these stored values can be used simultaneously or together or against each other to determine the rules that you want.
AMS01
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:06 pm

jameegray1 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:27 pm
Both these variants are available conditions so the way I would do it is to use these conditions to create a stored value for the 'Number Of Selections', and then a separate stored value for 'Race Distance'. Then use each of these stored values can be used simultaneously or together or against each other to determine the rules that you want.
Hi Jameegray 1 Thanks for your response, so can I have maybe 6 or more race lengths in the one file with a specific qty of runners to each race length using this process?
User avatar
jamesedwards
Posts: 2570
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:16 pm

AMS01 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:41 pm
jameegray1 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:27 pm
Both these variants are available conditions so the way I would do it is to use these conditions to create a stored value for the 'Number Of Selections', and then a separate stored value for 'Race Distance'. Then use each of these stored values can be used simultaneously or together or against each other to determine the rules that you want.
Hi Jameegray 1 Thanks for your response, so can I have maybe 6 or more race lengths in the one file with a specific qty of runners to each race length using this process?
I don't understand exactly what you want to do but once you have the race lengths and number of selections each as separate stored values you should be able to do what you like with them.
AMS01
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:06 pm

jameegray1 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:47 pm
AMS01 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:41 pm
jameegray1 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:27 pm
Both these variants are available conditions so the way I would do it is to use these conditions to create a stored value for the 'Number Of Selections', and then a separate stored value for 'Race Distance'. Then use each of these stored values can be used simultaneously or together or against each other to determine the rules that you want.
Hi Jameegray 1 Thanks for your response, so can I have maybe 6 or more race lengths in the one file with a specific qty of runners to each race length using this process?
I don't understand exactly what you want to do but once you have the race lengths and number of selections each as separate stored values you should be able to do what you like with them.
Hi Jameegray 1, So I'm looking to have a specific number of runners to a specific race length say 5f & 6 runners but there maybe up to 6 or more variants of different race lengths each with a specific number of runners... Hopefully I've explained the above clearly enough, apologies if not 👍
AMS01
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:06 pm

So it might be as below;

Place bet if race matches any one of the following,

5f & 6 runners
1m 2f & 8 runners
6f & 6 runners
7f & 8 runners
Etc.

Hopefully this explains things better
User avatar
jamesedwards
Posts: 2570
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:16 pm

AMS01 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:12 pm
So it might be as below;

Place bet if race matches any one of the following,

5f & 6 runners
1m 2f & 8 runners
6f & 6 runners
7f & 8 runners
Etc.

Hopefully this explains things better
Yes this is easy to do.

Rule 1:
1) 'Set / Modify a Stored Value Only'
2) Add condition: "Race Distance' = 5f.
3) 'Store a Value' named "Distance" for 'the Market' with 'an entered amount" = 5
4) repeat and create a new rule for each required distance.

Rule 2:
1) 'Set / Modify a Stored Value Only'
2) Add condition: 'Number of Selections' = 6.
3) 'Store a Value' named "Selections"' for 'the Market' with 'an entered amount" = 6
4) repeat and create a new rule for each required number of selections.

Once the above is in place then you can apply the following conditions to any of your trade rules:
1) Add condition: 'Stored Value' 'A Stored Value' "Distance" for 'the market' is 'equal' to whatever distance you require.
2) Add condition: 'Stored Value' 'A Stored Value' "Selections" for 'the market' is 'equal' to whatever distance you require.

Remember to make sure you try these rules in the practice setting first before trying with real money. :)
AMS01
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:06 pm

jameegray1 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:37 pm
AMS01 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:12 pm
So looks like I will need to create 2 rules per File for each distance, one for distance and one for runners relating to that distance?

My question might be getting a bit muddy again lol... Forgive me if it is
User avatar
jamesedwards
Posts: 2570
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:16 pm

AMS01 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:12 pm


So looks like I will need to create 2 rules per File for each distance, one for distance and one for runners relating to that distance?

My question might be getting a bit muddy again lol... Forgive me if it is
If you do it the way I have suggested then you have flexibility to mix and match any of your distance of number of selections stored values. Or if you wish you could combine a distance and number of selections into one stored value by creating both conditions under one stored value rule.
AMS01
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:06 pm

jameegray1 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:28 pm
AMS01 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:12 pm


So looks like I will need to create 2 rules per File for each distance, one for distance and one for runners relating to that distance?

My question might be getting a bit muddy again lol... Forgive me if it is
If you do it the way I have suggested then you have flexibility to mix and match any of your distance of number of selections stored values. Or if you wish you could combine a distance and number of selections into one stored value by creating both conditions under one stored value rule.
Hi Jameegray1, I'm not looking for the need to often modify the file with stored race lengths & qty of runners. What I'm looking for is for my file to hold a various amount of race lengths with each race length having a specific qty of runners.

I'm looking for to be able to do the following;

Race goes live and as the following;

5f with 6 runners

It goes to fire the bet but checks it's allowed to do so, stored data might be something like;
5f & 6 runners
1m 2f & 8 runners
6f & 6 runners
7f & 8 runners

In this instance it can fire the bet as the 5f with 6 runners is within the file... However if the race was 5f with 5 runners (maybe a late N.R. or even 7 runners) it won't fire the bet as it doesn't meet/match stored criteria.

Has this explanation helped clear anything up... The file will hold up to 8 or 9 variants of race length and qty of runners.

Also on a side not to identify 1m 2f I presume we enter 10f...

Cheers
User avatar
jamesedwards
Posts: 2570
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:16 pm

AMS01 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:24 pm
jameegray1 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:28 pm
AMS01 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:12 pm


So looks like I will need to create 2 rules per File for each distance, one for distance and one for runners relating to that distance?

My question might be getting a bit muddy again lol... Forgive me if it is
If you do it the way I have suggested then you have flexibility to mix and match any of your distance of number of selections stored values. Or if you wish you could combine a distance and number of selections into one stored value by creating both conditions under one stored value rule.
Hi Jameegray1, I'm not looking for the need to often modify the file with stored race lengths & qty of runners. What I'm looking for is for my file to hold a various amount of race lengths with each race length having a specific qty of runners.

I'm looking for to be able to do the following;

Race goes live and as the following;

5f with 6 runners

It goes to fire the bet but checks it's allowed to do so, stored data might be something like;
5f & 6 runners
1m 2f & 8 runners
6f & 6 runners
7f & 8 runners

In this instance it can fire the bet as the 5f with 6 runners is within the file... However if the race was 5f with 5 runners (maybe a late N.R. or even 7 runners) it won't fire the bet as it doesn't meet/match stored criteria.

Has this explanation helped clear anything up... The file will hold up to 8 or 9 variants of race length and qty of runners.

Also on a side not to identify 1m 2f I presume we enter 10f...

Cheers
See attached how I would do it for 5f and 6 runners. I haven't tested it. Amend to your requirements then test in practise mode first.
AMS01.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AMS01
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:06 pm

jameegray1 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:00 am
AMS01 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:24 pm
jameegray1 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:28 pm


If you do it the way I have suggested then you have flexibility to mix and match any of your distance of number of selections stored values. Or if you wish you could combine a distance and number of selections into one stored value by creating both conditions under one stored value rule.
Hi Jameegray1, I'm not looking for the need to often modify the file with stored race lengths & qty of runners. What I'm looking for is for my file to hold a various amount of race lengths with each race length having a specific qty of runners.

I'm looking for to be able to do the following;

Race goes live and as the following;

5f with 6 runners

It goes to fire the bet but checks it's allowed to do so, stored data might be something like;
5f & 6 runners
1m 2f & 8 runners
6f & 6 runners
7f & 8 runners

In this instance it can fire the bet as the 5f with 6 runners is within the file... However if the race was 5f with 5 runners (maybe a late N.R. or even 7 runners) it won't fire the bet as it doesn't meet/match stored criteria.

Has this explanation helped clear anything up... The file will hold up to 8 or 9 variants of race length and qty of runners.

Also on a side not to identify 1m 2f I presume we enter 10f...

Cheers
See attached how I would do it for 5f and 6 runners. I haven't tested it. Amend to your requirements then test in practise mode first.
AMS01.baf
Hi jameegray1,

Excellent and many thanks for your time and effort... I really appreciate it

So if I was looking to cover the following race lengths with the following number of runners;

5 furlongs 6 runners
6 furlongs 8 runners
7 furlongs 9 runners
12 furlongs 10 runners
16 furlongs 14 runners

And I wanted to have 3 different back bets to the qualifying race, the file would look something like;

Create stored value 5f 6r
Create stored value 6f 8r
Create stored value 7f 9r
Create stored value 12f 10r
Create stored value 16f 14r



Back 1 if 5f and 6r
Back 2 if 5f and 6r
Back 3 if 5f and 6r

Back 1 if 6f and 8r
Back 2 if 6f and 8r
Back 3 if 6f and 8r

Back 1 if 7f and 9r
Back 2 if 7f and 9r
Back 3 if 7f and 9r

Back 1 if 12f and 10r
Back 2 if 12f and 10r
Back 3 if 12f and 10r

Back 1 if 16f and 14r
Back 2 if 16f and 14r
Back 3 if 16f and 14r

Do I understand it correctly... Cheers

Massive thanks for all your help... I think I've cracked it... Cheers
User avatar
jamesedwards
Posts: 2570
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:16 pm

Yeah you just need to copy the existing rules and tailor for your other requirements. For the stored values rules, you create whatever names/hierarchy you want. Mine were just an example of a naming variation that you could use.
Post Reply

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”