Closing a position with a different stake

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
coleash

Hi All

I am trying to have a automated bot close a position with a Lay bet but I am wanting it to use a different stake than the original Back bet. For example I have a back stake of $5.80 but want the Lay stake to be $6. At the moment I have it set as a normal Lay bet close to the start time on the favourite which in most cases it works but when there is more than one runner that is close in price to the favourite the favourite can end up being a different runner to the one that the orginal back bet is placed on.

The other thought I had is if I can get the bot to store the runner of the back bet which I can then use as the Lay bet.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Dallas

If you apply your lay bet rule to 'ANY' selection

Then add a;
'Number of place bet triggers' condition
On Selection
Is Equal to 1

https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/num ... ggers.html

That will ensure it only triggers on a runner which another rule has triggered on
Anbell

An alternative to Dallas' suggestion is that you Fix Order of Runners prior to your Back bet, then place both bets on the favourite.
coleash

Thanks guys it had been bugging me for a few days as nothing I tried seemed to work
Anbell

Another alternative is to set a signal on your back bet, and use that as a condition on your lay bet.
coleash

Ok that worked thanks.

The other issue I am having is when the stake of the original bet doesn't get fully matched then the closing bet stake is incorrect and causing issues. I have looked everywhere but I can't find how to do this. Tried using the By Liability (back & lay) but didn't realise that the back amount entered is the target profit for that bet.

Is there an easy way to have the orginal bet rerun until the full stake is matched or to reduce the closing bet to reflect the smaller mount matched originally? I am looking at having the closing lay bet at an amount 5% higher than the matched back amount

Your help is much appreciated

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”