Filtering High and Low Price ranges

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Wildefish

Morning all,

I am looking for some help to be pointed in the right direction.

I have read as much as I can on stored Values in the user guide and the numerous threads on the forum before posting this as I don't like to use/waste other peoples time. So posting for assistance is very much a last resort for me and I thank you all in advance.

I am using automation in Guardian for horse races, pre-off.

I am trying to place bets on certain price ranges, but I am having issues due to pennies being matched at very high or low prices causing the trading range to be a lot wider than I wish.

I wish my low and high Trading range to narrowed to the lowest and highest prices where there has been minimum of £1,000 matched (£1k on the ladder) and the range automatically widened if new trades are being matched at new hi/lo prices.

First of all I tried to use the " Stored Value Condition" where:
Value A = The High Traded Price of the Selection is Greater than equal to an entered amount (£1,000) and vice versa for the low. However this doesn't seem to work? (I have tried to attached jpeg files, but not sure if it has worked as I get an error message).
Stored Value Cond High.jpg
Now I am trying without success, Storing Values as a name "High" and then referencing this in the conditions and vice versa for the "Low".

Storing Value (Name=High)
for Current selection = Row 1 (& Shared box ticked)
With the Volume Traded at a price for a Selection
Selection used for lookup of the volume traded = current Row 1
Price used for the lookup of Volume traded = The High traded price of a selection
Selection used for lookup of the price = current (Row 1)
Adjustment = Plus
an entered amount
Amount = £1,000
Rounding = None
Storing Value High.jpg
Would the storing of the value be the correct thing to do as opposed to the first method of "Stored Value conditions" only or should both work?

If so, are the above selections correct for storing values, or should I be using a different criteria in the drop downs to define the range?

All the Best

Wildefish
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

This might help, or give you a steer in the right direction
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=18997
Wildefish

Morning Dallas,

Please accept my apologies, as I ended up going down the rabbit hole a wee bit and forgot to say thank you for reply.

I have been trying numerous ideas.

What I found very helpful was to have the High and Low traded prices displayed at the top of each ladder, then I could have visual on the exact values the software was producing for each change I made and compare against what I wanted to see.

After hours and hours of fiddling and tinkering, I have decided that for me to create my very own volume spike filter seems extremely difficult for me.

I also, found out that BetAngel already has a volume spike filter to the High and low traded prices and that at present the volume spike filters that Bet Angel already use is adequate, not perfect, but adequate for my needs, so why reinvent the Wheel?

So, I am now onto the testing phase.

Once again thanks for your help and apologies for not replying sooner.

Cheers

Rob

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”