Exiting market after 70 minutes

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Stu84

Hi there,

I know this has been asked before, with different values to 70, but I can't get it to work... Sorry this is the first time I've tried an automation script so sorry if it's a stupid question!

I've created an automation script that puts some bets in the market, and greens up after a goal is scored. Everything works fine for this part. However, what I want to do, to limit losses, is set it to green up (or more accurately red up) for the same loss across all markets after 70 minutes.

I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction as to what I'm doing wrong, the following rule never triggers, ever. For context I'm using this on the football O1.5 goals market:

I've set the rule to trigger between 1h 25mins and 1h 30mins after the event first went in play (accounting for half time this is "roughly" 70 minutes), and to "Green all selections" which would hedge across all selections, whether in profit or not, right?:

automation-1.png

The conditions are the only other place this can go wrong, I've set it to only trigger when:
The market is in play (so it actually places a bet)
The second condition is just a failsafe in case that last time the market was unsuspended was because of a goal, so give the market 60 seconds to settle
The third condition is "Trade Closed" =! 1 ("Trade Closed" is set to 0 as soon as the automation starts, as the first rule). This rule would also set "Trade Closed" to equal 1 so it doesn't trigger twice if successful

automation-3.png

The three areas I think this might be going wrong are:

I've checked that the "Trade Closed" is set for the "Current Selection" everywhere it's used, and the logs show it being set in the first rule, it should be available in this rule, right?

The time is wrong, or it's actually trying to trigger the rule from the 1hr 25mins after the last unsuspended time, not 1hr 25mins after the first time the market went in play? In which case 1h 25mins is never going to happen.

The Green up doesn't work if there's a loss, but I've tested this in another automation script and it puts red across the field when triggered.

Thanks,

Stu
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

It will certainly be that last condition, remove that and it should work, you could also remove the in-play condition out and it won't effect what you want it to do.

If you've already greened up or not placed any bets ie, there's nothing for this rule at 70mins it will still trigger but won't place any bets
Stu84

Thanks Dallas,

I've removed the last condition, and it's working, however this rule is a clone of another rule (which both have this "Stored Value" condition)and the other rule this is a clone of fires correctly, so that's odd, I'll have to do more digging to understand why!

Thanks,

Stu
Nhouse1234

Hi Stu. Did you figure this out? I have an almost identical rule set & get the same problem. But I don’t use your last condition, so I know it’s not that.

I did wonder if it’s because green all selections has to be applied to EVERY selection, not just the overs (row 2).

Testing later today.
Dallas

Nhouse1234 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:02 am
Hi Stu. Did you figure this out? I have an almost identical rule set & get the same problem. But I don’t use your last condition, so I know it’s not that.

I did wonder if it’s because green all selections has to be applied to EVERY selection, not just the overs (row 2).

Testing later today.
When using rule types like
Green All selections
Cancel All Unmatched Bets
Take SP on All Unmatched Bets
etc etc

You don't need to apply the rule to any selection, the applies to area is only if you want to add conditions to a selection/s before the rule is allowed to trigger

For example
Green all Selections
if Selection 'By Position in order of Betfair favouritism 3'
Is priced greater than 10.0
Nhouse1234

Thanks Dallas, noticed when LeeCal does his - greening all selections - he always chooses "ANY selection". Testing this afternoon.
Stu84

Sorry never got any notification of replies!

The green up rule triggers for me ok, but often the bet is never matched. I've set it to trigger up to 10 times, but it only ever seems to trigger once.

I'm testing it with small stakes at the moment and it's working some days and not others This is from last nights Arsenal vs Palace game:

14/01/2021 20:30:26: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
14/01/2021 20:31:01: [G_Auto] : £ 0.60 Back bet placed on Over 1.5 Goals at 2.64. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: xxxxxxxxxxxx
14/01/2021 20:31:01: [G_Auto] : £ 1.50 Back bet placed on Over 1.5 Goals at 1.63. Fully matched at 1.63. Ref: xxxxxxxxxxxx
14/01/2021 20:31:01: [G_Auto] : £ 0.90 Back bet placed on Over 1.5 Goals at 2.14. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: xxxxxxxxxxxx
14/01/2021 21:30:26: [G_Auto] : Greened up Over 1.5 Goals by Laying 0.90 at 6.6
14/01/2021 21:41:15: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
14/01/2021 21:41:20: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
14/01/2021 21:51:02: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended

So all the back bets got taken at some point, and the "Green up" rule triggered at 21:30:26, however no lay bet was actually placed (or maybe it was placed and not matched - I wasn't watching betangel at the time). Only the three back bets were on the market as the game ended 0 - 0 there's a £3 loss on that market.

There are other times when this same rule has greened up correctly after 70 mins and the loss has been around the £2 mark (which is correct for this method).

However I've set the "Green up after 70 mins" rule to trigger 10 times, shouldn't I see it in the logs more than once in this case?

Or is it not triggering again because there is already an unmatched lay bet at 6.6 in the market sitting there?

In which case do I need a second rule to clean up any unmatched lay bets if the lay price is higher than them? Would this remove all unmatched bets and allow the green up rule to trigger again and place another lay bet at the higher price?

Thanks,

Stu
Dallas

Stu84 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:11 am
Sorry never got any notification of replies!

The green up rule triggers for me ok, but often the bet is never matched. I've set it to trigger up to 10 times, but it only ever seems to trigger once.

I'm testing it with small stakes at the moment and it's working some days and not others This is from last nights Arsenal vs Palace game:

14/01/2021 20:30:26: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
14/01/2021 20:31:01: [G_Auto] : £ 0.60 Back bet placed on Over 1.5 Goals at 2.64. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: xxxxxxxxxxxx
14/01/2021 20:31:01: [G_Auto] : £ 1.50 Back bet placed on Over 1.5 Goals at 1.63. Fully matched at 1.63. Ref: xxxxxxxxxxxx
14/01/2021 20:31:01: [G_Auto] : £ 0.90 Back bet placed on Over 1.5 Goals at 2.14. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: xxxxxxxxxxxx
14/01/2021 21:30:26: [G_Auto] : Greened up Over 1.5 Goals by Laying 0.90 at 6.6
14/01/2021 21:41:15: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
14/01/2021 21:41:20: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
14/01/2021 21:51:02: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended

So all the back bets got taken at some point, and the "Green up" rule triggered at 21:30:26, however no lay bet was actually placed (or maybe it was placed and not matched - I wasn't watching betangel at the time). Only the three back bets were on the market as the game ended 0 - 0 there's a £3 loss on that market.

There are other times when this same rule has greened up correctly after 70 mins and the loss has been around the £2 mark (which is correct for this method).

However I've set the "Green up after 70 mins" rule to trigger 10 times, shouldn't I see it in the logs more than once in this case?

Or is it not triggering again because there is already an unmatched lay bet at 6.6 in the market sitting there?

In which case do I need a second rule to clean up any unmatched lay bets if the lay price is higher than them? Would this remove all unmatched bets and allow the green up rule to trigger again and place another lay bet at the higher price?

Thanks,

Stu
>>So all the back bets got taken at some point, and the "Green up" rule triggered at 21:30:26, however no lay bet was actually placed (or maybe it was placed and not matched - I wasn't watching betangel at the time). Only the three back bets were on the market as the game ended 0 - 0 there's a £3 loss on that market.

That log entry is the greening order (lay bet) being placed so it must not have been matched

Do you have any conditions on the green up rule that could stop it triggering further times, ie, a unmatched bet condition, a signal set condition etc?
Stu84

I do, I think I'm an idiot. I've just gone through all the rules with a fine tooth comb.

I have a "stop servant" rule which triggers after the green up rule, as I was originally running this as a servant.

However in the case above I was running it in guardian as an automation rule, would the "Stop Servant" rule, if it triggered, prevent the green up rule from triggering again in guardian?

Thanks,

Stu

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”