back and lay bets sometimes placed twice

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
puntinrolls

Every now and then, around 10% of the time, my bot will place a lay or back bet twice, immediately after one another.

I have refresh at 20 milliseconds and restrict refresh to 5 mins. My rearming rate is set at 1 sec and I'm not using kill or fill.

I have tried unmatched bets amount condition, number of unmatched bets and both together. I have tried a signal switch but still happening every now and then

Any ideas? Thanks.
Archery1969

puntinrolls wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:36 am
Every now and then, around 10% of the time, my bot will place a lay or back bet twice, immediately after one another.

I have refresh at 20 milliseconds and restrict refresh to 5 mins. My rearming rate is set at 1 sec and I'm not using kill or fill.

I have tried unmatched bets amount condition, number of unmatched bets and both together. I have tried a signal switch but still happening every now and then

Any ideas? Thanks.
I have had this many times. You could try changing the re-arming time to 3 seconds and/or setting signals when you open trades etc.
mickypaul72

Number of place bet triggers conditions
On selection
Is equal to 0
puntinrolls

mickypaul72 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:49 am
Number of place bet triggers conditions
On selection
Is equal to 0
Thanks, but I forgot to mention my bot can fire several (unknown amount) bets on the same selection, so I think this rule wouldn't work for this case. So if I understand the rule correctly, a second intentional bet would not be placed.
puntinrolls

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:47 am
puntinrolls wrote:

Any ideas? Thanks.
I have had this many times. You could try changing the re-arming time to 3 seconds and/or setting signals when you open trades etc.
Thanks Archery1969,

I will increase the rearming time a bit. Is 3 seconds something you found to work well?

I think I have done the signal suggestion although I have only learned them today so still a bit unsure on them.
I'll report back

I wonder if it's a connection issue at my end
the4droogs

puntinrolls wrote:

Any ideas? Thanks.
One of the techniques I use to get around this issue is to have my place a bet rule set a stored value (say 'betPlaced') to 1. There is also a condition on the rule that means it only fires if betPlaced is equal to zero.

Then I also have an earlier rule which is triggered when number of unmatched bets is greater than 0 (or some other number if you are expecting there to be more than one unmatched bet). When triggered this rule sets betPlaced back to zero, so the place a bet rule is ready to fire again. You just need to make sure that you initialise the betPlaced stored value to zero when the rule file first runs.
puntinrolls

Solved this my making a timer using signals.
Thanks for the help guys.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”