Take BSP pre off

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Gonzokilla

Hi all.

After searching through the forum I cannot find advice on placing a BSP back/lay before the off on racing. I know about the 'take SP' option ( @ 1000 to back /@1.01 to lay ) when writing a program but this is post off and does not work for greyhound markets and misses a lot on horse racing. So some questions:

1. Am I not writing the program correctly, have I missed something?
2. Is there an option or way to place BSP pre off with the automation or through Excel spreadsheet?
3. If not, is there a technical reason for this?
4.Any other suggestions ?

My approach is to place a BSP based on a price above and below a certain price. It must be placed at BSP to work in line with the research data.

Thanks in advance
jimibt

Gonzokilla wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:56 am
Hi all.

After searching through the forum I cannot find advice on placing a BSP back/lay before the off on racing. I know about the 'take SP' option ( @ 1000 to back /@1.01 to lay ) when writing a program but this is post off and does not work for greyhound markets and misses a lot on horse racing. So some questions:

2. Is there an option or way to place BSP pre off with the automation or through Excel spreadsheet?

My approach is to place a BSP based on a price above and below a certain price. It must be placed at BSP to work in line with the research data.

Thanks in advance
unfortunately, at present, BA doesn't have the facility to place BSP Limit Orders. that's basically what you are looking for. according to the dev team, it will require quite a bit of support from the user community for this to be added. it was mentioned only this morning again here: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=22831&start=100

A proper official suggestion, with a voting option needs to be created. I may do this once the current version is officially released.
Gonzokilla

Ok

Thank you for your help
Anbell

Gonzokilla wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:56 am
Hi all.

Thanks in advance
To be clear about terminology, BSP is not known till post off, so you cant back a horse pre-off at BSP. TakeSP should work nearly 100% of the time: make sure that you place the bets with enough time before the off, and trigger TakeSP a couple of times to make sure.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”