selection within automation rule

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
peteryeates1

hi all,

Just starting off with automating some trading... probably a basic question

Within the automation file I am placing a BACK bet on the selection based on favoritism, say 4th favorite pre race. If the next rule within the file is to LAY selection based on favoritism 4th, in play, will the rule recognize this as the original BACK selection (which I want it to) or will it just be based on what is 4th favorite at that moment in time which could be a different runner?

Cheers,
Pete
Dallas

It will look at what is 4th fav at the time it triggers, so could be any of the runners

You have two options
1), run a 'Fix order of market selections' rule just before your back bet rule triggers, that will lock the order as they are regardless of price movements either for the duration of the market or until you run a 'unfix order of market selections rule'

That would be the better option if firing in multiple bets on different runners

2), apply the lay bet rule to 'ANY' selection, then add a number of place be triggers condition on selection is greater than 0
So it will only trigger on the selection an earlier rule has triggered on

That would be better if you were only backing one runner then laying it later, if doing multiple trades the first option would be the best to go for
peteryeates1

That's brilliant, thanks for your help Dallas.

Just keeping it simple to start with on single runners so will give the second option a go.

Cheers
Pete
peri cleese

Hello

I have been successfully using the automation file supplied by Dallas. Horse racing- in running-Lay at double its SP.

I have been trying to select the runner within Automation Nominated Selection without success. I'm obviously not correcting
the settings . Could I please have some advice on this .

Regards
Dallas

peri cleese wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:23 pm
Hello

I have been successfully using the automation file supplied by Dallas. Horse racing- in running-Lay at double its SP.

I have been trying to select the runner within Automation Nominated Selection without success. I'm obviously not correcting
the settings . Could I please have some advice on this .

Regards
You need to change each of the rules to apply to 'Guardian nominated selection 1'
That is done on the General tab of each rule

Then on your main Guardian page in the Automation nominated 1 column you can select the name of the runner for it to trigger on
If you only want to use the lay part you can delete just the back bet rule
peri cleese

Thanks Dallas , I now able to select the runner, all good

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”