Displayingwinner&Profit-LossonGuardianscreen

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Dr Ginhog

Hi,
I have been tempted out of posting retirement (temporarily) to share an exciting new facility brought about by the prolific new changes in the
program this month. Now you can Display both the winner and your P & L on the winner in the guardian screen as seen on the attached png file. (to follow )
I am enclosing the baf which combined with the custom column gcc file and the Layout list file will give you the desired effect.
Thanks mostly to the BA team and the great tutorial provided by Dallas (and the little effort on my part) this was made possible. I should point out that the obvious methods to achieve this do not work.
For instance if you tried using the favourite criteria the onscreen favourite initially output would change shortly after the race ends when the odds data expires -the favourite is somehow changed by betfair and your data would change to a random horse (no idea why). Anyway my changes using the ranked lowest traded price worked and the winner and P & L data remain onscreen for as long as you keep the markets onscreen.This of course saves hours work as you no longer need to check the winner (mostly) and your profit/Loss.
It all works well with UK/IRISH racing but the US racing data at race end is so not true that it only works sometimes for US racing.
Also for the local stuff you will get the odd wrong data when there is a very close finish or photo finish as occurred in the 15.45 kempton you will see that the P & L data did not complete onscreen (likely tied LTP data).
This is not the end of it of course the next step is for all this more than useful data to be made available in the CSV file. I had some success with this but I messed up the file and could not proceed any further, I frankly am waiting for Dallas tutorial on how all that CSV file exporting actually works. BTW have no idea if the baf itself I used in practice mode works over time. :D
LAYCHANGEDFAV_CUCOL-FAV1_4COLCOMBO_300121_V1.56Beta1.baf
GCC_CUSTCOL_WINNER_NAME_PROFITLOSS_COMBO.gcc
5COLMLISTLAYOUT_FOR_COMBO_CUSTCOLWINNER+PL.gml
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dr Ginhog

and heres a Screenshot of it in action today

Grindhog
todays_winner_PL.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dr Ginhog

Hi,
The whole thing will only work if you also use the parts of the baf that update the rank and create the stored values. You can use your own baf.
Also the P & L will only appear for races that a matched bet is made.
For those interested I appear to have twigged what the problem was when I used Fav as the condition that caused the selection to change when the race was over and messed things up.
Its because I used the selection whose price became blank as the condition ( when not 1.01 or over 1.01) when in play.
Because betfair keeps its inplay marker going while the suspended marker appears the test continued to run right up to when all selections
became blank (for Price). The test then probably took the alphabetical horse or Row1 horse to break the "ALL NOW BLANK" tie.
The FAV in order of favouritism would also have all selections as Fav as there is now no prices to test against but normally it would not present a problem as the suspension prevents any bets arising whether misconceived ones or not. Bottom line is that the FAV criteria is a valid
one but not in conjuction with the BLANK condition and vice versa.
Dr Ginhog

Hmmm Crickets! :)
Anbell

grindhog wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:44 am
Hmmm Crickets! :)
Looks great! I've been meaning to get time to implement
Dr Ginhog

Hi Anbel,
Glad you like. It has possibiities but maybe not the finished article yet as another P & L failed to show up as per second day results. Its nice to see the "winner name" coming up though and being correct so far (and the random baf is now in profit in practice mode :D ).
To see if I can improve,I changed all the trigger timings in the 2 update rank files and the 2 stored value files to "rearm every refresh" and reinstated the second SV file which was disabled by time also giving it the same conditions as the 2nd Rank file. Changing both hours to 00 would re-enable.
It would be fantastic to be able to transfer the Name & PL to a CSV file but i am rudderless on how to do it. I know an svexport file is created
in the reports area but getting error message about incorrect data format in logs. Dallas is up to his neck in it at the mo but im expecting to see the tutorial in due course.
Winner-PL_day2results.gif
Dr Ginhog

Hi,
updated file here!
LAYCHANGEDFAV_CUCOL-FAV1_5COLCOMBO_010221_V1.56Beta1.baf
Dr Ginhog

The operation of the CSV export file turned out to be simplicity itself in the end. All you have to do is
add a folder “SVExports” which I understand from the 1.55 update thread is the default name and then create via excel, a blank csv file of your choice which I called Values.csv.
Then when a baf is created with rule type “export all stored values” you simply have to set the pathway via browse to that file similar to the one I use C:\Users\gibbe\AppData\Roaming\Bet Angel\Bet Angel Professional\SVExports\Values.csv. I also used in Parameters the options
“Only Stored values marked as shared”,
“No adjustment”
and “event,Market and all Selections exported on a single row”
The csv file always needs to be closed else it will not complete its operation unless closed before the next race.The updated more efficient BAF is also downloaded and the notes in the BAF detail how sit is setup. I believe the baf is as efficient as possible in regard to the Name-PL output file. Of course the Baf must be run in conjunction with the Custom Column Gcc file and list file already supplied.
The only thing remaining is the Stored value rule and the rule(s) for your own BAF
The final BAF setup (Notes included) is generally as per the file below but basically for this type of setup where you only want the winner to be stored ,because the “export all stored values” would normally create values from the time the Rank1 is first created it was best to start the UPDATE/CREATE rank late in the day when the price is 1.2 or less thus avoiding many exported different Rank1 selections with expectation of having only one exported SV per race/event.
It caters also for a very late change ( when price is blank on the winner) .
Should a change in rank arrive in the exported file on one line it means a close finish and a check of the result and possible adjustment in the name/pl value may be necessary.
The RANKING thing when you think about it has major possibilities Backing/Laying of Ascending/descending volumes come to mind and a multitude of other uses. It exists in the ether almost metaphysical :!:
CSVFILE_NAME_PL_NEAREND_090221_v1.56Beta1.baf

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”