It came to me in a dream: Zone-based automation ?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
gazuty

Anbell wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:45 am
Dallas has a solution, of course
viewtopic.php?t=14620
Thanks heaps.

Of course now instead of running errands this afternoon - I need to tweak my guardian files :roll:
eightbo

Good thinking, gazuty — possibly.  I've noticed a recurring thought where I'm annoyed I don't have automation running 24/7.  It seems so ...wasteful ?

PS Love the hourly format, I'm gonna make one of those tables and see if I can eventually fill it up over time.

Since posting this thread I ended up with an idea for something I can apply to a few of the major sports.
Bit of a scattergun approach which I expect will need some minor tweaking for each sport but hopefully it'll catch on somewhere and I can go from there.
I wouldn't say it's "zone-based" but that'll be in the back of my mind now if anything crops up in the future haha.
Dr Ginhog

PILLOW CLARITY It’s amazing how times solutions come up in that half hour before alighting from the bed in the morning..You have a monologue where everything is virtually perfect unti you forget half of it before you get to the computer. it’s great when it works for drafting letters, solving maths problems etc but can be faulty logic sometimes.Well that’s the excuse I use :D
eightbo

grindhog wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:14 pm
PILLOW CLARITY It’s amazing how times solutions come up in that half hour before alighting from the bed in the morning..You have a monologue where everything is virtually perfect unti you forget half of it before you get to the computer. it’s great when it works for drafting letters, solving maths problems etc but can be faulty logic sometimes.Well that’s the excuse I use :D
You're spot on my guy.  The time after you get up is also super valuable as your brain is operating on slow waves for a while (alpha state).
Alpha brainwave state is something like a gateway to the subconscious mind.

You can induce an alpha state via a long meditation (slow) or binaural beats audio (faster; ~10m) but those things take time and force you to break up your day. Plus there's usually stuff on your mind by mid-day such as social commitments, upcoming tasks etc. but none of that's present in the morning.
I've had a play with those, too but I've found it most efficient to just use the time when you wake up every day instead.

Imho everyone should learn to harness the power of the alpha state as you can come up with ideas (and also embed what you want in, too) during this time in a powerful way.

If you've ever had a shower thought (typically low beta frequency as we are very relaxed in that setting), you've only produced a pebble when there are entire boulders waiting for you to encounter, if only you'd take the time to look.

It's not hard to do at all just wake up stay in bed and immediately focus on a concept and have a notepad handy and see what sort of insights you can produce in 20mins (I use my phone to read stuff I want to program in plus make notes).
Tip: Closing your eyes may help if you are new to this sort of thing.

Just this morning I checked the time to realise I'd spent 4h making notes off the back of that wakeup. I remember at one point thinking "i'm missing the tennis markets!" ...but then swiftly reaching the conclusion that there was way more pot. ROI to the notes I was making than getting up to trade, so I didn't move an inch. Honestly it felt more like 30min lol.
Dr Ginhog

“there was way more pot” Were talking liquidity in the tennis markets :.D Nothing wrong with pot mind :D
Dr Ginhog

Hi eightbo,

only kidding buddy.
you clearly have and use plenty of the grey matter.Too many ideas can present there own problem? if you enjoy the process too much you lose focus on what’s important
Finding one and one only strategy that makes money.?Been there done that for years and still doing it. if your focussing try a narrow focus.

grindhog

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”