Running 2 Bots At Once?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
diablodavo

Last night I set up automation to run while I slept.

When I woke this morning and checked the results I saw many of the markets never triggered at all.

I had set up a bot on all the UK and Irish horse racing markets, and another bot to cover the football markets.

Most markets never triggered any trade while a small handful did trigger.

Am I right in assuming while one bot is working all the other trades won't trigger because the system can only handle a single bot in play at any one time and that if market times overlap then those won't get traded until that bot has finished its trading??

I'm in ''practice mode'' by the way.
Anbell

diablodavo wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:35 am
Last night I set up automation to run while I slept.

When I woke this morning and checked the results I saw many of the markets never triggered at all.

I had set up a bot on all the UK and Irish horse racing markets, and another bot to cover the football markets.

Most markets never triggered any trade while a small handful did trigger.

Am I right in assuming while one bot is working all the other trades won't trigger because the system can only handle a single bot in play at any one time and that if market times overlap then those won't get traded until that bot has finished its trading??

I'm in ''practice mode'' by the way.
Was your computer awake?
diablodavo

''Was your computer awake?''

Yes it was, I set up my power options to never close anything down including the monitor.
Anbell

diablodavo wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:06 am
''Was your computer awake?''

Yes it was, I set up my power options to never close anything down including the monitor.
You should let your monitor sleep!
beermonsterman

I run 2 instances of bet angel and dont seem to have any problems and my automation is my main rules and my main rules again but tweaked to improve or disprove different scenario's so my automation rules both work on the same market without problems and in practice mode
beermonsterman

Have you got restrict refresh ticked ? in the advanced tab on guardian that will cause your problem also do you have the box Export reports on market closer ticked ?
sniffer66

You will only have an issue if you have 2 bots running on the same market and both are relying on matched bet information etc that is shared for the market. Doesn't sound like that is your issue though
diablodavo

beermonsterman wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:57 am
Have you got restrict refresh ticked ? in the advanced tab on guardian that will cause your problem also do you have the box Export reports on market closer ticked ?
No, I just looked and the box is not ticked.

I also only have a single Bet Angel instance running.... Do you think if I ran 2 Bet Angel interfaces and setup Horse racing on one and Football on the other, it will be more successful?
beermonsterman

diablodavo wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:29 am
beermonsterman wrote:

I also only have a single Bet Angel instance running.... Do you think if I ran 2 Bet Angel interfaces and setup Horse racing on one and Football on the other, it will be more successful?
worth a try and its much neater and easier when going over the data
beermonsterman

beermonsterman wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:46 am
diablodavo wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:29 am
beermonsterman wrote:

check that your refresh rate is right and also time scales dont conflict for instance if you want a bet to trigger and you only give it one second to do that say 00:00:01 and 00:00:00 you are only giving the bet a chance to fire in that 1 second window but if you refresh is 1 second by the time guardian has refreshed all the open markets say 60 markets in a one second refresh your second has now reduced to 0 and the chance of bet firing is reduced I hope that makes sense I'm not that good at explaining things very well and my understanding of automation is still novice .
diablodavo

[/quote]

[/quote]

check that your refresh rate is right and also time scales dont conflict for instance if you want a bet to trigger and you only give it one second to do that say 00:00:01 and 00:00:00 you are only giving the bet a chance to fire in that 1 second window but if you refresh is 1 second by the time guardian has refreshed all the open markets say 60 markets in a one second refresh your second has now reduced to 0 and the chance of bet firing is reduced I hope that makes sense I'm not that good at explaining things very well and my understanding of automation is still novice .
[/quote]

Thanks, yes I do understand you, the trigger time is set for 30 seconds before event start until 00.00.00, my refresh rate was at 1 second, If I have understood you right I changed it to 200 milliseconds to see if that improves things.
beermonsterman

yes that will certainly improve it
diablodavo

Thanks for the help, I will stay up tonight and monitor it live.
diablodavo

Well this is really weird.

It didn't trade the first race but traded the second race.

There are no other bots trading at this time, so I have no idea why this bot is misfiring.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”