Cancelling bet if goal scored LTD

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
BillyWalters

Hi guys,

Been very busy recently so ignore me if this is very simple to do, I just can't get it to work. I have a simple strategy to LTD at specific odds. I place the bet when the match is in certain game state at a fixed price and wait for the odds to come in. However, if a goal is scored before my bet is matched, I'd like for it to be cancelled.

All bets so far where this has happened have kept for some reason.
ODPaul82

Might be a stupid question back but do you have keep bets applied. If you're placing in-play and have keep bets on then it will do exactly that, keep them even if a goal is scored
BillyWalters

Hi Paul,

Where do I find this setting in BetAngel.
ODPaul82

keep.png
There, if you've applied keep then it will keep the bet

If you haven't then as long as it's not a super low level type of league then the bets should be cancelled
There's some leagues where it may well be left in because betfair haven't been properly managing it (surprise surprise)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BillyWalters

Ah yes I'm aware of that, but this is via guardian and automation. Still having the same problem.
ODPaul82

Even if via guardian it should still be killing the bet after a goal going in.
The bet itself has no knowledge of it coming from guardian, it may well be something within one of your rules that's causing it
firlandsfarm

ODPaul82 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:13 pm
Might be a stupid question back but do you have keep bets applied. If you're placing in-play and have keep bets on then it will do exactly that, keep them even if a goal is scored
Hi Paul, that makes me think of a question I've had in the back of my mind for a while ... if you place a Fill or Kill bet with Offset with Keep set and the initial bet is matched am I right in thinking the Keep setting is not transferred to the Offset bet? So you really need to send a Keep command every second or so in Guardian to make sure all Offset bets are kept?
ODPaul82

Yes it's not transferred, it just enters it into the market like a normal bet.
Football my offsets I put in manually as I stagger my exit rather than just one lump sum exit (I could trigger with 4 seperate rules but football I trade manually rather than any form of automation_.

You could play about with the matched/unmatched bets & unmatched bet time conditions and have it always on to see if there is a lay bet open on a position and then trigger keep all on it.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”