Export stored value to CSV file not working in part

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Dr Ginhog

Hi,
Can anybody please help. The export CSV file was working good but not working entirely now. The selection name and stored value part no longer appears although both show on guardian in the Custom columns setup. I did not change the baf in any way but may have put in a new blank csv file for a new days output.This is the output im getting

14/02/2021 13:40 Punch 14th Feb - 13:30 3m1f XC Chs G_AUTO1
14/02/2021 13:45 Extr 14th Feb - 13:40 2m2f Nov Hrd G_AUTO1
14/02/2021 13:55 Sthl 14th Feb - 13:50 1m Hcap G_AUTO1
14/02/2021 14:08 Punch 14th Feb - 14:00 2m Listed Nov Hrd G_AUTO1
14/02/2021 14:15 Extr 14th Feb - 14:10 2m2f Nov Hrd G_AUTO1

When the update for this feature came out it had this note which I dont understand but im guessing has something to do with it.

Note: If you wish to keep the values aligned in the same column from start to finish of a series of Exports (perhaps for analysis in Excel), then all SVs should be initialised with a value before the first Export."
Dr Ginhog

A kindly soul just came to the rescue (my good self) . It appears that if you have 2 instances running it might arise that you might create a conflict
if you have them both referencing the same file in SVExports particularly if its the same " P & L value and happening at the same time. Now if you are stupid enough to also use the same name for the SV file then its possible (not exactly sure though) a further conflict might rise.
We all make mistakes and I am assuming (have to check with racing soon) that was the problem. Im just glad I did not waste anybodys time.
Dallas

If you are going to run two instances and want to export information you need to do so from two directory's
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=17945
Dr Ginhog

Hi Dallas,

I have been doing that part. Thanks Dallas goodly soul after all?. Still dont know why its still not working though. Was working 100%.I should be able to get to the bottom of it.? Maybe? Clearly something my end.
BTW greatly impressed with the historic stored values tutorial showing the data collection. Awesome capabilities. The only gripe is that
each line of the log does not show the market name & time. How can you do any analysis on excel without that. One for the suggestion box maybe. Granted you easily guess which market your in by the time of the log. Last suggestion if you had the capacity to copy paste from the
Guardian screen then the csv would no longer be necessary. Converting image files to excel only successful about 90% of data

Grindhog
Dr Ginhog

Hi,
Problem solved. As I hinted at from the start the note indicating that the export should occur after the required SV was the issue. My problem was that I required only one export if possible and as near as possible to the finish as possible but not too close as to having the possibility of being missed.I accepted when a late change in rank occurs you get 2 sv's exported (manual adjustment on the CSV file required)
It was all chicken and egg dilemma. I used Price <1.2 for Ranking,Sv & Export but by conditions signals ran them in the order RANK,SV, & Export The sv was by Rank1 so that the ranking update had to occur first . The Export had to occur after the sv initialisation else no PL registering.
Some might find the conditions of the 2 EXPORT rules interesting all designed to have only 1 sv instance where possible.
First EXPORT CONDITIONS
Group all true
Last traded price i<1.2
Signal CSVSET for the market is not set (sets when 1st export is run)
Signal SV_RANK1 for the current selection is set
End of Group
SECOND EXPORT CONDITIONS
Group none can be true
Last traded price > 1.01
Last traded price = 1.01
Signal CSVSET for the current selection is set
Signal SV_RANK1 for the current selection is set
End of Group
I also stopped using a blank csv file and let it generate itself allowing the correct headers
Dr Ginhog

Hi
As you can see from the attached everything is working fine now. I can now easily sum up the results in the csv at days end. Im not exactly sure what I was doing wrong but it got sorted. It was working then it wasnt.
I am not one for conspiracy theories but a couple of lads had strange encounters on this site lately. There was derek who just opened the door and was tying his shoelace or was it going to post a letter not sure which and there was that other lad where 4 hours passed in a flash. I am not ruling out alien abduction entirely. I have certainly had to bite on my knuckles lately.Is it funny peculiar or funny Ha Ha?. Both I would think. :lol:
transfixed.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”