Historic relative odds condition help please

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
beermonsterman

Bit of a strange question this but I'm having difficulty working this out
I have Historic relative odds condition in part of my automation that I run on the pre race horse markets
I have it set to start looking for moves 30 mins before post for 10 ticks within that time scale
So my question is if that runner has already moved ten ticks before 30 mins will the rule trigger straight away ?
If so how can I start it to count from 30 mins and ignore previous tick moves ?
Thanks Beer
beermonsterman

beermonsterman wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:54 am
I have Historic relative odds condition in part of my automation that I run on the pre race horse markets
I have it set to start looking for moves 30 mins before post for 10 ticks within that time scale
So my question is if that runner has already moved ten ticks before 30 mins will the rule trigger straight away ?
Thanks Beer
I just spotted a tumble weed flying past :lol: :lol: :lol:
ODPaul82

If you've had guardian monitoring the market then yes it will trigger immediately (if I remember correctly).
You could set a stored value that triggers once you've loaded the automation and then do a parameter to check for the time since the stored value was set
Anbell

beermonsterman wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:54 am
Thanks Beer
It shouldnt trigger if the rule starts at 30mins
beermonsterman

Thank you for your reply's I'm very great full but I would like the guru Dallas to comment please as I have two conflicting answers
Cheers guys
beermonsterman

I think I ill give up automation and stick to manual trading because e I'm shit at it
ODPaul82

Don't give up! Mine was entirely off the top of my head, Anbell is more than likely entirely right.
beermonsterman

ODPaul82 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:10 pm
Don't give up! Mine was entirely off the top of my head, Anbell is more than likely entirely right.
Thank you Paul I might persevere bit longer :D
beermonsterman

ODPaul82 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:48 am
If you've had guardian monitoring the market then yes it will trigger immediately (if I remember correctly).
You could set a stored value that triggers once you've loaded the automation and then do a parameter to check for the time since the stored value was set
Would someone here be willing to help me set this up please I'm driving myself mad
Thank for this reply Paul I'm just struggling to get it set up I dont really understand that well cheers
ODPaul82

You can try having a play about with the one I'm developing up at the moment & just to see one explained out. Whilst it doesn't use historic relative odds rule it is checking for price movement. Hopefully it may help a bit

I am running this in the wild with £2 stakes as I firm up what I'm doing (prefer to use micro stakes rather than practice & I will at some point add other filters to it).

[Rule 1] Set a stored value MWAP between 11:30-11:45 (I've got it set at a wide range in case I suddenly remember at 11:35 that I've not set the automation up). A signal gets set for logging purposes (I log everything so I can then go back and examine properly)

[Rule 2] From 12 hours up to 4 minutes before the off place a back bet into the market if the odds have gone 10 ticks lower than the MWAP. It places it 5 ticks lower than the lay price (I do reverse price in case there is a gap in the market, got stung the other day if you check out the fat finger thread). It's a 25 tick offset with a stop being placed at 15 ticks if it goes against me. Additional conditions are LTP <10, >1.5k matched on selection and >15k matched in the market.

[Rule 3] Attempt to gently escape from the market by not taking the first available price

[Rule 4] Panic time in case it's not exited properly.

It may help as a starting point. I've only been running for 3 days, have also attached the analysis that I've started to do as part of refinement (i.e. grade, runners will extract market type later)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
beermonsterman

ODPaul82 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:47 am
You can try having a play about with the one I'm developing up at the moment & just to see one explained out. Whilst it doesn't use historic relative odds rule it is checking for price movement. Hopefully it may help a bit

I am running this in the wild with £2 stakes as I firm up what I'm doing (prefer to use micro stakes rather than practice & I will at some point add other filters to it).

[Rule 1] Set a stored value MWAP between 11:30-11:45 (I've got it set at a wide range in case I suddenly remember at 11:35 that I've not set the automation up). A signal gets set for logging purposes (I log everything so I can then go back and examine properly)

[Rule 2] From 12 hours up to 4 minutes before the off place a back bet into the market if the odds have gone 10 ticks lower than the MWAP. It places it 5 ticks lower than the lay price (I do reverse price in case there is a gap in the market, got stung the other day if you check out the fat finger thread). It's a 25 tick offset with a stop being placed at 15 ticks if it goes against me. Additional conditions are LTP <10, >1.5k matched on selection and >15k matched in the market.

[Rule 3] Attempt to gently escape from the market by not taking the first available price

It may help as a starting point. I've only been running for 3 days, have also attached the analysis that I've started to do as part of refinement (i.e. grade, runners will extract market type later)
Excellent thank you very much :D I'm going to dig into these now
snapperturtle

ODPaul82 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:47 am

hi
was wondering how youre progress with this automation is going?
its similar to what i want so i am going to have a play with it myself and tweak it around .
ODPaul82

snapperturtle wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 4:35 am

hi
its similar to what i want so i am going to have a play with it myself and tweak it around .
I stopped running this a while ago as it wasn't showing as much promise as I hoped that it would
Something else came along that suits me nicely though

I'm forever looking for potential stuff to automate, a large chunk of it always looks good on paper but fails to deliver in real life, however I don't consider it a failure when they don't, it's a lesson learnt on other stuff to look at.
snapperturtle

ODPaul82 wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 7:00 pm
snapperturtle wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 4:35 am

hi
I stopped running this a while ago as it wasn't showing as much promise as I hoped that it would
Something else came along that suits me nicely though

I'm forever looking for potential stuff to automate, a large chunk of it always looks good on paper but fails to deliver in real life, however I don't consider it a failure when they don't, it's a lesson learnt on other stuff to look at.
yes fair enough , playing around with a few automations myself as far as steamers go.
atm my best results are with a combination of automation and selectioning hotses most likelt to firm

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”