Bots Not Triggering

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
diablodavo

I line up all my UK and IRE markets and set my simple scalping bot to trade them all.

If I am sat at my PC I never have a problem, the bot ALWAYS fires, but if I go to bed for a nap or I am out with the family, then it virtually NEVER fires...

My PC power options are to keep my PC on at all times and even to keep my monitor active 24/7.

So what is going on here?

If I am to sign up for this service, then i at the very least I need to be confident it works as prescribed.

Or if it is this buggy, can I really let it loose with my money????

Why is Bet Angel falling asleep???
ODPaul82

Have you restricted the refresh on the advanced settings tab?
It may well be that where it would normally trigger off because you've got a number of markets loaded and a refresh rate set too high that it's not picking up where it should enter.

At a guess you're normally observing the market that your bot is triggering on so have it loaded up on the main screen, therefore it's always refreshing
Realrocknrolla

Don’t go to bed.

Going out? I’m tellin’
diablodavo

ODPaul82 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:34 pm
Have you restricted the refresh on the advanced settings tab?
It may well be that where it would normally trigger off because you've got a number of markets loaded and a refresh rate set too high that it's not picking up where it should enter.

At a guess you're normally observing the market that your bot is triggering on so have it loaded up on the main screen, therefore it's always refreshing
No... The restrict refresh box is not ticked in the advanced settings tab.

This must be a bug because it randomly triggers on the occasional race then it maybe misses out half a dozen, then it triggers for 2 races and misses 10 then triggers again. It is totally random.
gazuty

diablodavo wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:21 am
This must be a bug because it randomly triggers on the occasional race then it maybe misses out half a dozen, then it triggers for 2 races and misses 10 then triggers again. It is totally random.
Why bug? While bug is possible it’s far more likely human error. (Salty comments attacking successful software in a forum of long term users isn’t really the way).

I run automation 24/7 365. Never misses a beat.

What do you have your refresh interval set at in guardian? Do you automatically switch to a market pre the off?

Does your windows go to sleep after being idle?
diablodavo

gazuty wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:34 am
diablodavo wrote:
Why bug? While bug is possible it’s far more likely human error. (Salty comments attacking successful software in a forum of long term users isn’t really the way).

What do you have your refresh interval set at in guardian? Do you automatically switch to a market pre the off?

gazuty wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:34 am
diablodavo wrote:

Refresh interval set to 200 milliseconds, my PC is not set to sleep or idle, the power option settings are all set to NEVER sleep or idle and like I said, it randomly will switch on whenever it wants and then miss a load of races and then will trigger again. I cant see how human error could be a factor if it works fine with some races and then just sit there and do nothing with others.

There are no condition settings in the bot that could cause it to ignore certain races.... ALL races are equal as it is a simple scalping bot designed to trigger 10 mins before off and green up at 10 seconds to off.

I am not trying to be 'salty' I have just extremely frustrated that I have spent 14 days or my 15 day trial trying to get this thing to work. I really really want this to work so I can sign up for a 12 month package.
gazuty

Do you have “Automatically switch Betangel market” ticked and what do you have as the switch time?

Take a screen shot of the top of your gaurdian screen and post it. Take a screen shot of the top of your main screen and post it.

Take a screen shot of the first screen of your automation and post it (I want to see how it is set up for timing). Don’t worry there is no secret sauce on the trigger set up screen.

Are any of your conditions dependant on book %. Book % is a lot tighter in the uk than in Australia. You might be screening out races.

Have you got enough money in your account? Uk races settle slower than Australian races. Maybe you do t have enough in the account and so the bet triggers but doesn’t get places due to a lack of funds?

Can you post your guardian log?
Last edited by gazuty on Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anbell

It's almost certainly an issue related to this
viewtopic.php?t=11491

Possibly in conjunction with the time window between when one of the rules starts and stops
gazuty

Anbell wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:16 am
It's almost certainly an issue related to this
viewtopic.php?t=11491

Possibly in conjunction with the time window between when one of the rules starts and stops
Yep spot on. That’s why I asked him about his guardian refresh rate.

Let him post the screen shots.

Or he can wait till Dallas comes on line. :)
diablodavo

Hi.

I have posted the three images that I think you were asking for below, also I am using in 'Practice Mode' so funding is not an option.
1-min.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gazuty

Tick the "Automatically switch market" box.
diablodavo

gazuty wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:01 am
OK, I did that... What will I set 'Market Switch Time' to?...
gazuty

diablodavo wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:07 am
gazuty wrote:
Well your bot commences 10 mins out, so I'd switch then. (of course not all races are ten mins apart).
diablodavo

gazuty wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:08 am
diablodavo wrote:
gazuty wrote:
Well your bot commences 10 mins out, so I'd switch then. (of course not all races are ten mins apart).
Thank you so much for all the help you have given thus far.

I have one session remaining before my trial expires and have my fingers crossed that I can now move forward with this automation.

Been pulling my hair out for the past 10 days. It was the pure randomness of the issue that went against all logic.
Anbell

diablodavo wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:14 am
gazuty wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:08 am
diablodavo wrote:

Thank you so much for all the help you have given thus far.

I have one session remaining before my trial expires and have my fingers crossed that I can now move forward with this automation.

Been pulling my hair out for the past 10 days. It was the pure randomness of the issue that went against all logic.
"apparent randomness"

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”