Servant based on Column #

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Shaung89

Hi all,

This may already exist, it just isnt apparently obvious (to me anyway).

I trade in running and would like to create a servant whereby on the Ladder view I can press a short key and place a bet on a horse using the column number as the indicator. For example Alt + 1 shortkey may place a back bet on column one, Ctrl + 2 may place a lay bet on column 2 etc. Should i then change the runner within the column then the shortkeys will apply to the new runner in the column.

I know this is very similar to the gaming mouse which I have seen promoted but I figure I can do similar using a keyboard. I also know I could just use a click over a column as the trigger but moving the mouse over the correct column can take up valuable time.

Any steer as to how this could be created in automation? Looking at the available options, I could only possibly do something in the one click screen using 'Row #' however this is slightly different as I like the ladder view when trading IP.
ODPaul82

Not 100% what you want but you could setup shortcut profile to start a servant instance based on the selection the mouse is hovering over.
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/key ... ditor.html
Shaung89

Thanks ODPaul.

What im trying to do is have a shortcut key to lay whatever runner i have in column 1 on the ladder view.

See my very crude image below.
Servant_Request.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ODPaul82

I don't use servants myself but do use keyboard shortcuts

This might be a bit of a fiddly work-around but you could in theory have multiple rules files that are duplicates of one another, each oen though having a different selection parameter changed for each one of them and then assign each one of them to a keyboard shortcut
So Alt-1 Would trigger MyBettingRuleNo1
Alt-2 triggers MyBettingRuleNo2
etc...

From what I can see having it trigger off a servant bases it on where the mouse is positioned so instead of using a servant get it to apply the appropriate rule in guardian

Does that make sense? It's a super-fiddly workaround and I would not be suprised if there was something similar but theoretically it should work
Shaung89

Thanks Paul,

Completely get what you're saying. I was just trying to move the manual process of having to fine the selection, move the mouse, find appropriate area on the ladder and click down to just pushing a short key,

Maybe one for the future improvements @Euler and @Dallas?
Shaung89

Shaung89 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:05 pm
Thanks ODPaul.

What im trying to do is have a shortcut key to lay whatever runner i have in column 1 on the ladder view.

See my very crude image below.

Servant_Request.png
Just nudging this to check if anyone else has a theory on it? I would like to be able lay / back a selection using shortcuts&servants where the ladder number is used as the unique identifier?

I do not want to have to position my mouse over the ladder.

Thanks

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”