Greening Up a Second Time with new condition

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
gaz36f

I have an automation file that I am pleased with and involves greening up. But I want to make an improvement and cannot fathom how to do it.

Let’s suppose I have a Green All setting in automation for £x profit.

In most instances, this works great and clears at least £x profit. In some events, due to the speed of the market, the profit can exceed 2 or 3 times the minimum profit set.

However, on occasion, again due to the pace of the changing market, a selection does not get matched during the greening up process leaving it exposed.

To remedy this, I know I can increase the trigger rule from ‘1’ to ‘2’ or more. In many instances this would be fine. However, I have noticed that the minimum profit is exceeded very often and quite considerably too. Therefore, I want to write a second green up rule where I green up for the minimum profit (i.e. £x), only if there is an exposed selection after the first green up rule has triggered. Does anyone know if this is possible please?
Dallas

Just add it with your condition

If there's an exposed selection (something to green up) it will trigger and place the required bet, if not it will still trigger but won't actually submit a bet as there'll be nothing for it to green up
gaz36f

Thanks Dallas, but in my particular case, this won't work. I already have a green all profit condition of greater than x. For simplicity, let's say £1.

I have multiple trades across the field and when the profit condition is met, it greens up. So far so good. In most instances, this is all fine. Even though my minimum profit condition is £1, when in-play, this can green up at £2, £3, or even £8. This is why I don't want to set an additional trigger for the same green up rule. If I get it to trigger more than once, the 'excess profit' (let's say the £8), gets wiped down to the minimum £1 condition.

Therefore, I only want the green up rule to trigger a second (or maybe even third time), if and only if the first green up has not successfully completed and one of the offers is left unmatched.

So, what I am trying to do, is find a way to trigger a subsequent green up rule ONLY IF there is one of more unmatched offers following the first green up attempt.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks, Gary
sniffer66

If I read that correctly, why not set a signal on the first green, then trigger the 2nd green from another rule with the dependency on the first signal being set, plus any other conditions you need for it to run i.e x seconds after signal changed, number of unmatched bets = x

If you need 3 or more then just create another signal in green 2 that triggers green 3

if you need it to run more than once just clear the first signal in the 2nd Green rule
gaz36f

The signal idea worked great sniffer. I can't believe I didn't think of that! Much appreciated. Thanks, Gary
sniffer66

gaz36f wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:55 am
The signal idea worked great sniffer. I can't believe I didn't think of that! Much appreciated. Thanks, Gary
Good stuff. Glad it helped

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”