Automation Help

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
BlueJim

Hi,

I have just ventured out looking to invest some time into automation. I am stuck at the first hurdle of getting my simple basic rule to trigger every time.

I have two simple rules to start with
1. Fix all positions 2secs -0 secs before race starts. (question - do I need to select anything in the 'selection' window - currently it is set to 'by row index')
2. Store BSP 0 - 2secs after market in-play. I have applied this to by Position and selected Position 4.

Mt theory here is that I fix all horse positions before the off and then grab the BSP just after the off. I then save this as a value.

The problem I'm having is that it doesn't always trigger - actually it is 50-50 chance! Am I doing something silly? I have no conditions therefore, I'd have thought that this would run every time.. I have checked my PC time and it is correct.

I want to get this sorted before I move on with proper rules - at the moment I can't be confident at looking further until this is sussed :)
Dallas

1, for this rule (and a few others the applies to part is only if your adding conditions) ie, you want to fix the order on condition the fav is <1.50
As you want this to trigger all the time you can just leave it as betfair row index 1

2, If you have more than 2 markets in Guardian and are still using the default 1 second refresh rate then its means you won't always be refreshing the market during the time you rule is armed for

This post will explain how Guardian cycles and refreshes markets and how to set it up so your rules trigger optimally
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
BlueJim

Thanks Dallas! So the fewer markets the better.. I had this set to 1 second. Is there an optimal amount of markets that you'd recommend opening?
Dallas

BlueJim wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:24 pm
Thanks Dallas! So the fewer markets the better.. I had this set to 1 second. Is there an optimal amount of markets that you'd recommend opening?
Not fewer markets just a faster refresh rate and if you have several hundred in but all your rules trigger near the off or in-play then its best to use the restricted refresh option detailed in that post to focus Guardian on just the relevent markets, rather than needlessly refreshing and checking ones which don't start for severa hours.

Also arming your rule/s for a bit longer means you can refresh more markets without missing a trigger
BlueJim

Thanks Dallas - that explains everything perfectly.

Can I ask your opinion on automation. Is the BetAngel software rule builder enough to create a profitable bot or, if being serious about things do I need to start looking at investing time to using VB and excel to get the desired results?

Sorry for the newbie questions. I just want to try and understand the path I need to take to get somewhere profitable. I guess I'm asking whether the tool is a good starting point but, to build a proper bot do you need to be doing that via Excel/VB?

I have finally got to a profitable position manual trading after a couple of years but, now want to see whether I can switch some of that over to automation.
Dallas

BlueJim wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:06 pm
Thanks Dallas - that explains everything perfectly.

Can I ask your opinion on automation. Is the BetAngel software rule builder enough to create a profitable bot or, if being serious about things do I need to start looking at investing time to using VB and excel to get the desired results?

Sorry for the newbie questions. I just want to try and understand the path I need to take to get somewhere profitable. I guess I'm asking whether the tool is a good starting point but, to build a proper bot do you need to be doing that via Excel/VB?

I have finally got to a profitable position manual trading after a couple of years but, now want to see whether I can switch some of that over to automation.
Without a doubt yes, all my own automation is done using BA and there are many other users on this forum who have profitable bots using Bet Angels advanced automation, I'd actually say far more than those who use excel or there own software just because no programming experience is required to use Bet Angels automation tool to it has a wider appeal.

With the way its progressed in recent years there isn't a lot excel can do which can't now be done with Bet Angels automation and in addition to not needing coding skills BA's automation has always been slightly faster than trigger bets from Excel

and in the recent update the simple way of passing of market/selections from a CSV file into BA's automation is another big leap forward and was one of the main reasons people used excel in the past, even just to trigger straight forward bets

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”