Safest way to GreenUp all selections "hedge"

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
goat68

So i've noticed another failure of my bot to "hedge" GreenAllSelections just prior to the scheduled start. So was wondering what peoples advice on best ensuring it Greens up, especially with fast moving prices, which was the case with today's problem. My bot has a GreenUpAll times 3, rearm after 5seconds.
Not sure why the 3rd attempt changed from Backing to Laying, had the 2nd attempt got matched during the 3rd attempt? it ended up with an outstanding Lay I think, which I happened to see and hedged myself, can't quite follow the bets?:
Greenup.jpg
Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 13.52.51.png
goat68

The 13:10 Lay must be my manual cashout as I did it about 15seconds after scheduled start. So the other 2 Backs don't make sense to me, they don't match the GreenUp log prices....?
ShaunWhite

Can't comment on Guardian but are you hedging at best or reverse price? If it's reverse then you're not giving it long to get matched. You'll get the switch from backing to laying if you get a better hedge price than was there when the stake was calculated. It'll overback or overlay and need a little on the opposite side.
gazuty

goat68 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:53 pm
So i've noticed another failure of my bot to "hedge" GreenAllSelections just prior to the scheduled start. So was wondering what peoples advice on best ensuring it Greens up, especially with fast moving prices, which was the case with today's problem. My bot has a GreenUpAll times 3, rearm after 5seconds.
Not sure why the 3rd attempt changed from Backing to Laying, had the 2nd attempt got matched during the 3rd attempt? it ended up with an outstanding Lay I think, which I happened to see and hedged myself, can't quite follow the bets?:
Greenup.jpg
If it’s in play and there is a delay and prices are volatile then you can just get stranded bets or worst things can vary so wildly it tries different selections at different times. Depending on length of event you might try a bigger time gap in between. Also make sure time gap is longer than the in play delay.
goat68

gazuty wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:54 pm
goat68 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:53 pm
Greenup.jpg
If it’s in play and there is a delay and prices are volatile then you can just get stranded bets or worst things can vary so wildly it tries different selections at different times. Depending on length of event you might try a bigger time gap in between. Also make sure time gap is longer than the in play delay.
So I greenup from about 10 seconds before the scheduled start, so wasn't inplay, just odds were zooming out and orders got stranded even though asked at best market price..
It happened a 2nd time as well later, i need to check the log for that one, luckily i won money on that one. If the Lay horse has won i would have lost the equivalent of 3weeks of bot profits in one go! So this is something I need to fix, as I don't want that risk.
Just goes to show you shouldn't take Guardian rules as what they say, Green all selections even if you try 3 times might fail on a fast moving price... It only has options for Best or Reverse price, so maybe adding a new feature to place at price/ticks could be a useful last resort option to add to Guardian?
goat68

Of course place at would be tricky as you don't know the exact price and hence stake to use to achieve Green up...

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”