Where are .baf files saved

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
BlueJim

Hi,

I accidentally deleted some rules which led me to looking for them in the bet angel main folder. The files however, were not stored locally on the PC. I understand that you can export these and then select a folder/file name.. My question is what are we actually doing when we press the 'Save' button? What files are we updating and where does it exist? Is it a BetAngel server on the Cloud somewhere?

Cheers,
Jim
Jukebox

LOL - Unless you've made special arrangements to save them somewhere else you should find them sitting happily on your own computer but maybe buried in a place you didn't expect. Anbell gave a tip to find them easily.

Go to the automation tab in Guardian and click on Explore Profits Reports Folder
This should take you directly to the AutomationReports folder- filed under Bet Angel. Your Baf files are stored alongside that folder in a a folder called Automation
Derek27

BlueJim wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 1:05 pm
Hi,

I accidentally deleted some rules which led me to looking for them in the bet angel main folder. The files however, were not stored locally on the PC. I understand that you can export these and then select a folder/file name.. My question is what are we actually doing when we press the 'Save' button? What files are we updating and where does it exist? Is it a BetAngel server on the Cloud somewhere?

Cheers,
Jim
By default, rules files are stored in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Bet Angel\Bet Angel Professional\Automation.

I've replaced my Automation folder and settings files with symbolic links that point to a shared folder so they get backed up automatically and I can access the same rules files, search and coupons on both my PCs without having to export them. :)
BlueJim

Thanks for the fast reply! That's saved me a lot of time! When I removed them I assumed that I could get them back from the local machine but, then couldn't find them. My AppData was a hidden folder therefore, a search didn't bring back the result. Thanks again for this!
BlueJim

Oops - lesson learnt. The files are fully deleted from this location when you remove from guardian. I'll remember to archive them to somewhere else first next time!

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”