Is there a way of measuring an average WOM from 5 minutes until race start?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Ryanolifelix

I want to make an automation based on what other selections average WOM is.

so basically I want to measure the average WOM position on all selections and then measure it for about a minute at about 3 minutes before the race and then make an automation that places a back bet based on these conditions.

I do wish to find other things/indicators to base the bet decision off but am a newbie soon just starting with WOM.

If anyone can give any advice on this or any other indicators that would help make a good promising bet position I would he very grateful.

Thankyou. Ryan
Derek27

No disrespect but I think you're trying to do too much too quickly. Before trying to build a bot that gives you a promising bet position, spend a few hours going through the manual, look at all the different rule types and conditions, write a few simple practice bots and test them, even if it's not exactly what you want. Once you've done that you'll quickly get to grips with the software which, is quite easy to use relative to its complexity.

Asking for specific advice on building automation before learning the basics, the old saying, give a man a fish springs to mind. :)
Ryanolifelix

Derek27 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:49 pm
No disrespect but I think you're trying to do too much too quickly. Before trying to build a bot that gives you a promising bet position, spend a few hours going through the manual, look at all the different rule types and conditions, write a few simple practice bots and test them, even if it's not exactly what you want. Once you've done that you'll quickly get to grips with the software which, is quite easy to use relative to its complexity.

Asking for specific advice on building automation before learning the basics, the old saying, give a man a fish springs to mind. :)
Yes your 100% right, I have done quite a lot of research reading the manual. I know what I want to achieve in my mind but actually setting it up on the automation is not so simple. there are tons of questions I have about what I don't understand in the manual. I fear becoming an annoying pest asking all of these questions. I think I should start writing the questions down.

the manual might seem simple to many but for some, it's quite frustrating sometimes. Feels like I keep going round in circles looking for the answers.
Trader Pat

There's really no substitute for spending some time in the markets even ifs its just using minimum stakes.

Also just watching the markets can answer a lot of questions even if you're not trading them.
Derek27

Ryanolifelix wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:03 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Yes your 100% right, I have done quite a lot of research reading the manual. I know what I want to achieve in my mind but actually setting it up on the automation is not so simple. there are tons of questions I have about what I don't understand in the manual. I fear becoming an annoying pest asking all of these questions. I think I should start writing the questions down.

the manual might seem simple to many but for some, it's quite frustrating sometimes. Feels like I keep going round in circles looking for the answers.
I wouldn't worry about becoming an annoying pest. I think I can safely say it takes quite a lot for anyone to achieve that status on this forum. :)

If you have a lot of questions to ask about the contents of the manual that's probably the best place to start. Have you created any simple rules files like firing a bet based on a condition and greening up?

Edit: just noticed my post count is 11111, great form figures, thought I better mark it. :D
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:27 pm
Edit: just noticed my post count is 11111, great form figures, thought I better mark it. :D
Its all downhill from there!
Ryanolifelix

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:19 pm
There's really no substitute for spending some time in the markets even ifs its just using minimum stakes.

Also just watching the markets can answer a lot of questions even if you're not trading them.
I agree, last 3 months I have been everyday trading. I have probably been overdoing it a bit. :roll:

Do you use automation trader pat?
Ryanolifelix

Derek27 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:27 pm
Ryanolifelix wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:03 pm
Derek27 wrote:

I wouldn't worry about becoming an annoying pest. I think I can safely say it takes quite a lot for anyone to achieve that status on this forum. :)

If you have a lot of questions to ask about the contents of the manual that's probably the best place to start. Have you created any simple rules files like firing a bet based on a condition and greening up?

Yes Derek, I have made automation with conditions, I do understand how it all works, it's just some parts I need help with. Like the adjustments...plus..minus.. which way???? I have many questions, I will write them down in a book and ask on the forum.

I have setup a rule file with conditions such as WOM greater or less than %.

I wanted to setup a stop loss but I don't like using them because they don't always work, I did find dallas's file 're triggering stop loss. but used a lay bet using my net stake instead applied above or below the best market price for instant matching. I get confused with things like that, above or below best market price of either back and lay... I try to see it in my mind, hmmm, maybe I should draw a big drawing on the wall of which one is which. :idea:

Do you use automation Derek?
Derek27

Ryanolifelix wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:48 pm
Do you use automation Derek?
No, I'm a manual trader but as a former computer programmer it was easier for me to learn and I will start spending more time on automation in the near future and see what I can do with it. :)
ShaunWhite

Ryanolifelix wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:18 pm
so basically I want to measure the average WOM position on all selections and then measure it for about a minute at about 3 minutes before the race and then make an automation that places a back bet based on these conditions.
First step is to think about how you'd do it by hand, what numbers you'd need, how often and what you'd do with them to get the number you want.

So if you want an average, that's always the sum of the individual numbers divided by how many of them there were.

I haven't used Guardian for years but if I remember right....

You'd set up a rule to trigger between the times you want to monitor, re-arming at maybe 1s intervals.
That rule needs to add the Wom figure to a stored value. Eg SumOfWom = SumOfWom + WoM
The rule also needs to increment a signal(?) to count how many times it's triggered, eg TimesStored, or just increment another SV

You then need a 2nd rule firing on the same schedule to set a stored value called something like WomAvg to be SumOfWom / TimesStored

You can then use the SV called WomAvg as a condition of a seperate 'bet' rule.

As I say I don't really use it, others might advise differently and on how to do that for each selection seperately. I hope the above will give you a steer even if it isn't the whole answer.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”