BetAngel crashing sometimes with multiple instances open

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
the4droogs

I often have 3 or 4 instances of BetAngel open - each with the Guardian window open and a list of markets with bots running against them. It seems that more frequently lately I've woken up to an instance or two having crashed during the night. Has anyone else noticed this? Or is it just me?
Dallas

What spec is your PC?
What are the bots doing, anything that could drain your resource's ie, macros, stored values etc ?
the4droogs

I'm running an i7-2600 3.4GHz with 16GB RAM - Windows 10

I mostly run on horse races. My bots store around 20-30 stored values per selection (no history lists) and usually run on every selection. So for a 10 horse race I would be storing around 200 - 300 stored values. I may have around 100 markets running at a time which would bring it to around 20000 - 30000 stored values being tracked at any one time. Does that sound excessive? It may sound alot but shouldn't be anymore memory intensive than a lot of other software I wouldn't have thought. My bots range from about 10 to 30 rules each, some of which are more complex than others. I don't have excel sheets running so no macros.

It could be my machine, if so I will need to upgrade but if others with heavier rigs are are experiencing similar issues there may not be much point.
Dallas

the4droogs wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:58 am
I'm running an i7-2600 3.4GHz with 16GB RAM - Windows 10

I mostly run on horse races. My bots store around 20-30 stored values per selection (no history lists) and usually run on every selection. So for a 10 horse race I would be storing around 200 - 300 stored values. I may have around 100 markets running at a time which would bring it to around 20000 - 30000 stored values being tracked at any one time. Does that sound excessive? It may sound alot but shouldn't be anymore memory intensive than a lot of other software I wouldn't have thought. My bots range from about 10 to 30 rules each, some of which are more complex than others. I don't have excel sheets running so no macros.

It could be my machine, if so I will need to upgrade but if others with heavier rigs are are experiencing similar issues there may not be much point.
Sorry forgot to reply to this yesterday, assuming they are not being written to the log (or some aren't being written to it) then those should easily be fine.

Is there anything special about the instances that crash ie, are they running specfic rules files, doing tasks the other instance/s aren't
or is it purely random which one/s crash?
the4droogs

The only stored values that are being written to the log are values that are only changed occasionally, not ones that are being updated every iteration. It seems to be random which ones crash. That said, Over the last week or so I've been closing down every other non essential process while my bots are running and haven't encountered the problem since then, so I'm going to work on the assumption for now that these other processes were using up too many resources and not leaving BetAngel with enough. Thanks for your help.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”