Automation and race delays??

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Ryanolifelix

just wondered if anyone can give some advice on this.

I have specific times to trigger bets and delays mess with this effecting strike rate.

Is there anything I can do to get round this.

I specifically trigger bets and 2 minutes before the race.

In one of Peter Webb's videos he explains how to adjust the start time in guardian, but what if I adjust it and go out the house and then there is more delays?

Is there any way of automating the start time to the correct delay times?

Also, how does one figure out the exact amount of time the race is delayed by? Do I just have to wait and watch a race countdown until it goes in play?

Thanks. Ryan.
Dallas

Short answer is no, unless there is an official change of times which get updated by Betfair.

That's when you'd either need to manually adjust the start times in Guardian or remove and re-add the markets so they have the updated times

It would require some form of 'estimated' start time to be provided by Betfair, but even then I'm not sure you could rely on it given there performance the last few days
Ryanolifelix

Ok, thanks. Is there a signal to stop all automation bets because of delays?

If so, is there any way I could get a message sent to my phone to let me know that either there is a delay or my automation has been stopped due to delays?

Thanks. Ryan
Dallas

Ryanolifelix wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:15 pm
Ok, thanks. Is there a signal to stop all automation bets because of delays?

If so, is there any way I could get a message sent to my phone to let me know that either there is a delay or my automation has been stopped due to delays?

Thanks. Ryan
Same problem, you'd need Betfair to send out some sort notification of the delay before Bet Angel could do anything with it
Anbell

Ryanolifelix wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:42 pm
just wondered if anyone can give some advice on this.

I have specific times to trigger bets and delays mess with this effecting strike rate.

Is there anything I can do to get round this.

I specifically trigger bets and 2 minutes before the race.

In one of Peter Webb's videos he explains how to adjust the start time in guardian, but what if I adjust it and go out the house and then there is more delays?

Is there any way of automating the start time to the correct delay times?

Also, how does one figure out the exact amount of time the race is delayed by? Do I just have to wait and watch a race countdown until it goes in play?

Thanks. Ryan.
If you hit refresh in guardian you will see the new times. You still have to remove/add the markets tho.
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:02 pm
It would require some form of 'estimated' start time to be provided by Betfair,
Please don't suggest that to them, that's the last thing we need. ;)

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”