unmatched bets

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
sloanie

Hi All - some of my back or lay bets are not getting matched. I have the bot triggered to fire 30 secs pre off to 25 secs pre off and take best price available. sometimes the bets are not matched - what is the best way to make sure all bets are matched? is it - unmatched bets condition ? ie number of unmatched bets = 0
thanks in advance
Dallas

You would only use that condition if you wanted just 1 bet matching

Try placing the bet at the 2nd or 3rd best price, that will increase the chances of them being matched as soon as they reach the market, if some still don't get matched you can use a 'Stop on opening bet' which means if its unmatched and the price continues to move away (by what ever number of ticks you set) BA will move the unmatched bet for you and take the best price it can get
sloanie

Thanks Dallas. I am placing a couple of value bets in each market that I need fully matched even if the price has moved away a few ticks so I think if I set the condition of unmatched bets = 0 for each bet individually that should work - if not I will try the other methods you mentioned
Dallas

sloanie wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 12:19 pm
Thanks Dallas. I am placing a couple of value bets in each market that I need fully matched even if the price has moved away a few ticks so I think if I set the condition of unmatched bets = 0 for each bet individually that should work - if not I will try the other methods you mentioned
The unmatched bets condition is only to test the total number of of unmatched bets on a selection or market, it can't test for a specific bet
sloanie

thanks again, I am going to try the stop on opening bet. I'm not sure what the two tick boxes are for - stop trigger (ticks) and place at (ticks). I imagine stop trigger (ticks) is how many ticks I am prepared for it to move to be matched but what does place at (ticks) mean?
Dallas

sloanie wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:41 am
thanks again, I am going to try the stop on opening bet. I'm not sure what the two tick boxes are for - stop trigger (ticks) and place at (ticks). I imagine stop trigger (ticks) is how many ticks I am prepared for it to move to be matched but what does place at (ticks) mean?
Just what it says, its where the bet is placed at
if its a volatile market you would want it to be placed a few ticks past the trigger so it has a better chance of being matched - should the price smash through your trigger odds

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”