how can i check a market is closed in another market

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
facefish1

I want to back over 1.5 goals but only when the over 0.5 market is closed
I cant work out how the over 1.5 program can check that the over 0.5 market is closed any help appreciated
i was setting a stored value but couldnt get it to work
Dallas

Would be easier just to check if there had been a goal scored by checking the odds movement in the O/U 1.5 market
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=12490
facefish1

thanks dallas tried that that but red cards and disallowed goals on var
skew the values and bets go on that shouldnt i was looking for a way that was definate and with the und 0.5 market closed that means there hasnt been a value change just due to a event happening thats not a goal ie red card
Ketinu

Is there any way of doing this in Bet Angel? No markets ever show closed on BA but they do show closed on betfair. For some reason the only status on BA is "Suspended". Surely there must be a signal sent through the API that states closed. I ask for the same reasons above and due to certain matches not exhibting the norm when a goal is scored, ie price to back 0-0 does not go to 1000. Dundalk yesterday was a case in point as the price never went above 20 until somewhere near half time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eatyourgreens

I dont know an answer to the problems caused by var, red cards etc. but could this work???? :-

Place a £0.01 bet on the over 0.5 goals at 1000/1,
Store value that unmatched bets on o/u 0.5 = 1, (shared, for event and "keep"), keep because if mrkt is suspended due to var etc. the bet will remain when mrkt resumes.

I am guessing that if the o/u 0.5 mrkt closes, the unmatched bet of 1p will be cancelled, and therefore unmatched bets would = 0, and this could be used to trigger your bet in the o/u 1.5 mrkt. .........I dont know if this will work, but could be worth a try, I think you would have to keep checking that the SV = 1.

Goodluck! :-)
zadorozhnia

facefish1 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 11:10 am
I want to back over 1.5 goals but only when the over 0.5 market is closed
I cant work out how the over 1.5 program can check that the over 0.5 market is closed any help appreciated
i was setting a stored value but couldnt get it to work
This is what you are looking for.
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24099
Ketinu

Thanks for the reply and pointing at that other solution. I will give that a try.

It looks like a limitation of BA that it cannot flag a market as "closed", only "suspended".
Dallas

Ketinu wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:31 pm
Thanks for the reply and pointing at that other solution. I will give that a try.

It looks like a limitation of BA that it cannot flag a market as "closed", only "suspended".
It wouldn't matter which status it was, you can't trigger rules on either as they can't be refreshed/updated

You need to think of it from a different angle and look triggering a rule when a signal/stored value stops being changed
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=19717&start=14
zadorozhnia

Ketinu wrote:

This solution stores traded volume and fires a signal if traded volume don't increase within 180 seconds. If volume are not increased then I assume that the market is closed.
It worked perfectly for me on under 2.5 and 3.5 markets.
This won't work on football matches with low volumes as sometimes o/u goals markets are not traded for longer than 180 seconds.
Trader Pat

zadorozhnia wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:37 pm
Ketinu wrote:

This solution stores traded volume and fires a signal if traded volume don't increase within 180 seconds. If volume are not increased then I assume that the market is closed.
This won't work on football matches with low volumes as sometimes o/u goals markets are not traded for longer than 180 seconds.

Have you tried using a WOM condition?

Good example of it here by Lee Cal and well explained how he uses it to check the current score

https://youtu.be/Ou_lbkDzX9g?t=99
zadorozhnia

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:00 pm
zadorozhnia wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:37 pm
Ketinu wrote:

Have you tried using a WOM condition?

Good example of it here by Lee Cal and well explained how he uses it to check the current score

https://youtu.be/Ou_lbkDzX9g?t=99
I did but the CS rule created by Lee cal doesn't always work and it takes longer to sync. It does also require you to add the Correct Score market in the Guardian making the market refreshing less efficient.
eatyourgreens

eatyourgreens wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:20 pm
I dont know an answer to the problems caused by var, red cards etc. but could this work???? :-

Place a £0.01 bet on the over 0.5 goals at 1000/1,
Store value that unmatched bets on o/u 0.5 = 1, (shared, for event and "keep"), keep because if mrkt is suspended due to var etc. the bet will remain when mrkt resumes.

I am guessing that if the o/u 0.5 mrkt closes, the unmatched bet of 1p will be cancelled, and therefore unmatched bets would = 0, and this could be used to trigger your bet in the o/u 1.5 mrkt. .........I dont know if this will work, but could be worth a try, I think you would have to keep checking that the SV = 1.

Goodluck! :-)
I have just been trying the above idea, but could not get it to work :-( but on a brighter note I had another brain wave, it works like this :-

If the footy market is suspended, for any reason, when it opens again the 0.5 and 1.5 markets will open again, unless the reason for suspension was a goal scored, if a goal was scored then (obviously), the 0.5 market does not open again.

I will attach a rules file that will:-

Arm at 21 seconds after event goes inplay (this delay might not be needed, I only used it because I was unsure if turning inplay was classified as being "unsuspended")

Following a market being suspended, when it comes out of suspension, at (I think I used about 6-9 seconds to allow for any slow refresh rates in guardian) a stored value is set on the 0.5 market (value of 1) and a stored value is set on the 1.5 market (value 1)

If the markets were suspended due to a goal, 0.5 will not be set with a value (because market did not re-open) 1.5 stored value will be set with a value of 1.

Between 10 -14 seconds after suspension (plenty of time again for slow refresh rate) a back bet rule will trigger on the 1.5 market (if conditions met), this back rule has "grouped conditions" and at least one must be false.

The grouped conditions are, value of stored value for 0.5 mrkt =1 and value of stored value for 1.5 mrkt = 1

If both markets re-open (ie, no goal scored), both stored values will be = to 1, therefore, one of them is not false, so back bet will not trigger, if a goal was scored (and 0.5 market closed) the stored value for the 0.5 market does not return a value, the stored value for 1.5 market will be = 1, therefore, one of the grouped conditions will be false and the back bet will trigger.

Between 16-20 seconds after suspension, stored values are cleared so they are waiting to be set again following the next suspension. I thought this would be needed because if market was suspended due to var etc. both stored values would = 1, and I was unsure if they would both still =1 if later the market was suspended due to a goal, if so, the back bet would not trigger because one of the grouped conditions would not be false

If the back bet rule triggers, it will currently place a £2 bet on over 1.5 at 990, this can easily be changed to what you want it to do.

I have tried a few test runs, and everything seemed to work as it should, but please try in practice mode first to make sure it does what you want.

..........That was a lot of rambling on for what is a little rules file that does not contain much!

O, and I forget to mention, the same file needs to be added to both the 0.5 and 1.5 markets, there is a "text" condition in there that picks out what market it should be doing its business on :-)

Good luck all,
Stay safe and have a nice day!

back in 1.5 mrkt only if 0.5 closed.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”