Guardian refresh efficiency question

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
jamesedwards

Hi all.

If I want fastest possible refresh across 3200 markets on one machine, am I better off with a) or b)?:
a) 800 markets across 4 Guardians
b) 400 markets across 8 Guardians

:?:
ShaunWhite

B

Ideally 1 market on 3200 Guardians. Just keep launching them until you max out your cpu.

Is there a limit in the number of BA sessions? Not from the BA side but my #connections is limited with a personal api licence, I'm not sure if it is if you're running an commercial api licence by proxy with BA. The default is 10 connections btw so that might be a limitation.
jamesedwards

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:44 am
B

Ideally 1 market on 3200 Guardians. Just keep launching them until you max out your cpu.

Is there a limit in the number of BA sessions? Not from the BA side but my #connections is limited with a personal api licence, I'm not sure if it is if you're running an commercial api licence by proxy with BA. The default is 10 connections btw so that might be a limitation.
I'm running 10 total at the moment and getting approx 15 second between each refresh. When I was running them across 5 I think it was more like 25 seconds but thought I would ask to see if this matched expectation. My poor core i5 processor is really struggling, though it has to be said!
jamesedwards

I now have 7 Guardians running on one machine. I switched to an old PC with Ci5 and 16GB memory which seems to be handling them all much better than my 8GB laptop.

However I've noticed that when I have any of the 7 Guardian window selected the markets on that Guardian only refresh about twice as fast the other running versions. Is this a Bet Angel thing or a PC resource thing or a settings issue? Is there anything I can do to make all Guardians refresh at similar rates?
Anbell

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:58 pm
I now have 7 Guardians running on one machine. I switched to an old PC with Ci5 and 16GB memory which seems to be handling them all much better than my 8GB laptop.

However I've noticed that when I have any of the 7 Guardian window selected the markets on that Guardian only refresh about twice as fast the other running versions. Is this a Bet Angel thing or a PC resource thing or a settings issue? Is there anything I can do to make all Guardians refresh at similar rates?
When you select a race into the main BA window then it will follow the refresh instructions on that screen.
jamesedwards

Anbell wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:56 am
jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:58 pm

When you select a race into the main BA window then it will follow the refresh instructions on that screen.
Hi, I'm not referring to a specific race, the markets will all refresh faster in the guardian that is the selected window on the PC compared to the other guardians that I have running. Even though they are running a similar number of markets.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”