Guardian in Betdaq

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Dave C

When bringing up the list of UK & Irish horse win markets, Guardian populates both the 'Win Market' and 'Win or Each Way' (not Place market). Without manually deleting all 'Win or Each Way' how do I get rid or ensure that they are not populated manually?

If I'm attempting automation, won't it apply to both those markets (Win and Win & EW) in a race?
MobiusGrey

Yes, you need to remove the win/place markets manually. Click on the volume column to organise by ascending order then click the top market, hold down shift and click on the last one that has a volume of £0 and remove those markets. That will leave you with just the win markets for the current days cards.
Dave C

Ah right, thanks for the reply. Manual it is then :-)

Seems rather odd and something that could easily be fixed.
MobiusGrey

Yep, unfortunately we're very much in the minority of BA users that use Betdaq and it's never really been developed to the same functionality as it has for BF.
ANGELS15

MobiusGrey wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:58 pm
Yep, unfortunately we're very much in the minority of BA users that use Betdaq and it's never really been developed to the same functionality as it has for BF.
I use Betdaq from time to time but I tend to use the mobile app. Sadly I find the app is absolute shite. It takes too many clicks to reach the market you want. You often get spinning circles as it often is very slow. If you leave the page you're on and go to do something else on your phone it loses the internet connection and when you return you then have additional delay trying to place your bet. It is far from a smooth experience.

Another thing is that if you want to cancel bets there's no 'cancel all' button. You have to cancel them all individualy which is time consuming. Your balance doesn't automatically update, you have to go to the home screen and then it updates.

It's frankly quite shocking that in all this time they can't design a decent app. It's light years behind Betfair. Also liquidity is still poor. This is supposed to be the next best alternative to Betfair.

Heaven help anyone who loses their Betfair account and has to rely on Betdaq.

I am curious though as you are a serious/regular user what your experiences of using it are? I am considering setting up some simple automation but wondered with all I've said whether it's worthwhile and they will run smoothly.
Euler

MobiusGrey wrote:
It's unfortunate but it's a catch 22 situation. Twice, we brought the Betdaq version as close as we could to the Betfair version. But on both occasions it got no more use, either in terms of numbers of users or activity on Betdaq. So we ran into a roadblock.

We can't prove to Betdaq that a massive upgrade would be worth it, and we don't have the funds to do it ourselves.

All I can suggest is people use the Excel linking to replicate features you need.
MobiusGrey

ANGELS15 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:47 pm
MobiusGrey wrote:
I use Betdaq from time to time but I tend to use the mobile app. Sadly I find the app is absolute shite. It takes too many clicks to reach the market you want. You often get spinning circles as it often is very slow. If you leave the page you're on and go to do something else on your phone it loses the internet connection and when you return you then have additional delay trying to place your bet. It is far from a smooth experience.

Another thing is that if you want to cancel bets there's no 'cancel all' button. You have to cancel them all individualy which is time consuming. Your balance doesn't automatically update, you have to go to the home screen and then it updates.

It's frankly quite shocking that in all this time they can't design a decent app. It's light years behind Betfair. Also liquidity is still poor. This is supposed to be the next best alternative to Betfair.

I am curious though as you are a serious/regular user what your experiences of using it are? I am considering setting up some simple automation but wondered with all I've said whether it's worthwhile and they will run smoothly.
I use Bet Angel for Betdaq on a daily basis, I don't "trade" though and use Bet Angel for the dutching tab to place value back bets. I check occasionally to compare the matched totals on Betfair vs Betdaq and they don't differ by a huge amount but I guess that doesn't tell the whole story. If you're trying to trade pre-race you rely on that volatility that doesn't really exist on Betdaq, having said that I would imagine it's more like Betfair in the early days, very gappy and that can be exploited by someone in the know. I've just finished dutching for the day and the last race I was on had a pre-off total of £150,000 matched, Ascot yesterday was easily double that. I tend to enter my positions anywhere up to 60mins before the off and sometimes I do have to wait a few minutes until there is enough money waiting at a particular price so I know it will be matched instantly at the price I want but as I'm backing at the back price on offer and so don't have to wait for me to be matched it's never really an issue.

The Betdaq website/app is actually horrific, an awful experience just from a GUI perspective however I never use this at all and do all of my dutching using Bet Angel. Personally I don't think I would ever need to go back to Betfair, the same value exits and it does what I need. Obviously Bet Angel for Betfair has been more developed and as Peter was saying above it's a vicous circle, there's certainly some features for the dutching tab alone that I would love to see for Betdaq but fully appreciate that there's simply not enough demand for it.
ANGELS15

MobiusGrey wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:17 pm
ANGELS15 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:47 pm
MobiusGrey wrote:

I use Bet Angel for Betdaq on a daily basis, I don't "trade" though and use Bet Angel for the dutching tab to place value back bets. I check occasionally to compare the matched totals on Betfair vs Betdaq and they don't differ by a huge amount but I guess that doesn't tell the whole story. If you're trying to trade pre-race you rely on that volatility that doesn't really exist on Betdaq, having said that I would imagine it's more like Betfair in the early days, very gappy and that can be exploited by someone in the know. I've just finished dutching for the day and the last race I was on had a pre-off total of £150,000 matched, Ascot yesterday was easily double that. I tend to enter my positions anywhere up to 60mins before the off and sometimes I do have to wait a few minutes until there is enough money waiting at a particular price so I know it will be matched instantly at the price I want but as I'm backing at the back price on offer and so don't have to wait for me to be matched it's never really an issue.

The Betdaq website/app is actually horrific, an awful experience just from a GUI perspective however I never use this at all and do all of my dutching using Bet Angel. Personally I don't think I would ever need to go back to Betfair, the same value exits and it does what I need. Obviously Bet Angel for Betfair has been more developed and as Peter was saying above it's a vicous circle, there's certainly some features for the dutching tab alone that I would love to see for Betdaq but fully appreciate that there's simply not enough demand for it.
Thanks very much for your input. I also tend to use Betdaq for dutching or for value back to lay bets. Perhaps I should consider developing automation along those lines. I'm often away from home while racing is on which is why I often use the exchange apps. I've found the Betdaq app to be so slow at times that I've been forced to use Betfair because it's so much quicker and smoother.

When you click a page on the Betfair app it opens immediately whereas with the Betdaq app there's often a delay of several seconds. I don't know how they've gotten away with this for so long. I use an android phone and the app has poor reviews in the android app store.

I just wasn't sure if the internet site would be any smoother.

I think Peter/Bet Angel have the right approach to Betdaq. Part of the problem which I've said on other threads is the lack of new exchange customers. Exchange users were a minority in the early days and even more so now. Most punters are ignorant about exchanges or even if they've heard of them tend not to want to learn about them or are prejudiced against them.

This is due to negative publicity where connections have been accused of laying their own horses. There have been court cases or racing authority investigations in the past. So the betting public tend to associate exchanges with cheating as they see racing as 'bent'. A few may have heard of Betfair but I can almost guarantee very few if any will have heard of Betdaq. If they download the app they certainly won't be won over.

Further to my point about relatively low no of users, according to the android app store Betfair has been downloaded over 100k times which TBH doesn't seem a lot? Betdaq has been downloaded over 10k times.
ShaunWhite

ANGELS15 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:42 pm
Most punters are ignorant about exchanges or even if they've heard of them tend not to want to learn about them or are prejudiced against them.

This is due to ...
Anyone serious uses them, but as you say it's the 'punters' who can't be bothered with it. And tbh I can't blame them, the very thing that makes it appealing to us makes it unattractive for punters. When people aren't very savvy about value at the best of times, how do they reconcile getting 2.0 one minute, 2.5 the next min and their mate get's 1.9 a minute after that? Almost every day we comment on prices being all over the shop yet expect a leisure punter to understand and accept it. Joe public just wants a bet, they aren't fussed about value and they want it super simple, they're not even putting much on so being restricted to £20 by a bookie isn't an issue. There's trust too, although 20yrs old exchanges are seen as 'different' and it's just much easier and safer to use Lads or WH or somewhere familiar. Leisure punters know they're long term losers too, so there's no incentive for them to do their bank in 10 bets instead of 9 by getting slightly better odds.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”